Ch.2 Who is He

Mr. Kim

"My Byul Star is going to her first love's birthday party," Hyojoo said while she was packing the last of her things and I was picking out an outfit to wear to his birthday party.

"Shut up and just pack your stuff, " I said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Did you get him a present?" she asked also looking at my outfit.

"Yeah, but I don't know if he'll like it. I don't know what he likes," I sighed walking towards the wrapped present.

"He likes you," Hyojoo sang.

I rolled my eyes and picked up the present.

"I hope he likes it," I thought to myself. I put the present down and picked up the unwritten card inside of it. I couldn't think of what to write. I didn't even know his name so how could I wish him Happy Birthday.

 

 

"Work is always so boring, no one exciting ever comes in. I wish someone like an idol would just stop by," I thought to myself as I rested my head on the counter. It was Saturday and I had to work all day from opening at 10 to closing at 8. "Yoonsoo, what time is it?" I said while my head was down in my arms.

"It's 5:30-ish," he replied.

"Just two and a half more hours," I sighed as I brought my head up.

Seconds later a crowd of adults came in and we were packed for a good twenty minutes. As soon as we were done serving them one more person entered the cafe , I groaned in annoyance.

"Please, leave," I muttered and brought my head up to greet them, "Welcome..."

This person was so handsome he looked like he should be an idol if he wasn't already one. Even Yoonsoo was in awe of his looks.

"So cool..." Yoonsoo said standing next to me.

The person finally came to the counter and flashed us a smile.

"Am I... gay?" Yoonsoo said quietly, but loud enough for me to hear and snapping me out of my awe.

"Welcome to XX Cafe, what can I get for you?"

"Can I get an iced Americano and uh... Ha, this is my first time here. What's something good you'd recommend me to eat?" he said looking directly into my eyes.

"So handsome!" I thought, his stare was so beautiufl I thought I fainted.

"Um, I usually like the chocolate chip muffin," I said almost inaudible because I was so nervous talking to him.

"I'll get that then."

"Alright so one iced Americano and chocolate chip muffin, is that all?"

"Yes."

"That will be 7,500 won."

"Here you go, and I like the Molang pin on your apron Byul, it's cute."

"Thank you, but how do you know my name?"

"It's on your nametag."

"Hah, right."

I handed him his change and he walked towards the table next to the bookshelf and took out his laptop and a large stack of papers and immedietly began working on both. With his head down he still looked so perfect, his black hair that fell across his face, his long pointed face shape, pale skin, and large round eyes reminded me of someone. I noticed that no one else was coming into the cafe anymore and asked Yoonsoo to take care of orders if anyone came in while I checked the bookshelf. Coincidentally he was sitting next to the section I needed to go to. I pulled out a book from the long series and opened it to a random page. There he was. Undeniably this stranger who knew my name looked like L from Death Note. I quietly snickered because he also appeared to have the dark rings under his eyes too.

He looked up at me because he must've heard my snickering and saw that I was holding the manga. He too let out a slight laugh and I quickly shut the book and put it back.

"You must think that I look like that charater, all my friends say I look like him too," He said in a matter-of-factly tone and then went back to working.

 

I thought like normal customers he would only come one time and that would be it, but again he came back the next day.

"Hello Byul," he said cheerfully remembering my name, "I'll have an iced Americano and chocolate chip muffin."

Before I could tell him the total he already gave me a 10,000 won bill and waited patiently for the change.

"How was your day?" he asked seeming geniunely interested.

"Me?"

"Yes."

"Oh, I mean I go to school so I had classes today. It was pretty boring," I shrugged and handed him his change back, "How was your's?"

"The same as yours, I spent all day in classes so I'm pretty bored too." Ohh, he must be a university student. He's only a couple of years older than me then.

From then on he came everyday and ordered the same thing and eventually knew almost everything about me.