pumpkins

to vary

jimin popped out of her room. "hey, don't i look spooky?"

 

she wore a tight black lace dress with a red collar. crimson bracelets adorned her wrists and a choker firmly held onto her pale neck. over her silver hair, she had small horns protruding out. to tie off her costume, she wore her favorite black chunky boots. jimin smiled and flashed her fake vampire teeth. in her hand she held a large devils fork and in the other she clung onto a pumpkin basket that was, for now, empty.

 

yerin laughed "very,"

 

although they weren't going from house to house, they were going to a halloween party that jype had started hosting this year. any idols were welcome but the people from the actual company were strongly suggested to come because they were the hosts, after all. 

 

the duo entered yerin's new car. 

 

"although i'm not sure how your vampire teeth goes with the devil theme," yerin pointed out.

 

"then you should look at yourself! who'd expect baek yerin, the 'shy' girl to wear such a revealing outfit?" jimin joked. 

 

yerin wore a y police ensemble that showed a little too much skin in some areas.

 

"i asked my stylist to surprise me," she looked down, embarrassed.

 

jimin shook her head, "it suits you well! surprisingly,"

 

they arrived at the building the company had rented out for the night. bright orange and violet banners coated the walls and small bats littered the ground. other cars were entering the parking lot and jimin recognized several of the people that walked out of them. 

 

stepping out, a swift breeze lifted her dress and her bare legs went weak. 

 

"it's so cold," jimin immediately complained. 

 

"well the party's inside the building. stop whining already," yerin rolled her eyes. 

 

"you better not leave me the moment we enter," jimin threatened her friend as they approached the large doors. 

 

yerin laughed, "that sounds like something i'd say a year ago."

 

"what, are you suddenly confident because you're wearing such seductive clothes?" jimin asked. 

 

"can you stop about my costume already?" yerin's face flushed, "you're making me nervous about entering."

 

"aren't we all nervous about everything?" jimin grabbed her hand, "come on!"

 

when they entered the building, lights were flashing everywhere and music blasted from all directions.

 

"they're really letting loose tonight, aren't they?" yerin asked. 

 

"yeah and it's barely eight," jimin answered. 

 

jimin noticed quite popular idols already lounging at tables and wondered why they'd come before remembering that jype was one of the big 3. she considered herself more of a minor artist and rarely promoted with other idols (unless they met on asc). 

 

"you planning on drinking?" jimin asked her friend.

 

"maybe a bottle or two," yerin shrugged, "how about you?"

 

"im gonna go more for the food rather than the drinks," jimin dreamily sighed at the tables of candies. 

 

more people poured in and the next thing jimin knew, yerin was pulled away by someone else and now she was alone.

 

guess i'll have to make do, she murmured and wandered around to find a familiar face.

 

halfway across the room, she recognized a bright smile. 

 

"hayi unnie!" she shouted. 

 

a crowd swept her away and jimin was lost, once again. 

 

"why is there so many people? shouldn't there be a body limit," jimin grumbled.

 

suddenly, someone lightly tapped her shoulder. she quickly turned around and two men in a black suit with smoky eyes stood before her. 

 

it took her a moment to recognize the idols underneath their makeup before she realized, "hoya and sungjong oppa!"

 

hoya beamed, "we worried you'd forget us after a month,"

 

"why? it was really nice meeting you guys," jimin laughed. 

 

hoya replied, "although i did find myself leaning towards kevin hyung more..."

 

behind sungjong, she suddenly noticed another person, "jun!" she waved him over. 

 

the ukiss member navigated over to the trio. 

 

momentarily ignoring the infinite members, she asked jun, "where's kevin?"

 

he sighed, "truthfully, i lost them. this party is a little too crowded for me."

 

"i'm glad you guys could come," jimin also knodded to hoya and sungjong, "i thought you guys would be pretty busy and wouldn't have time for some lousy party,"

 

"wow, dissing your own company?" jun smiled.

 

hoya said, "we came partially because we wanted to and partially because our company made us."

 

"are you trying to make me feel better?" jimin pouted.

 

sungjong waved farewell, "our members are calling us over," and pointed over at sunggyu.

 

soon after, jun left to find s as well. 

 

another duo of young boys recognized jimin and immediately walked over. 

 

"jimin noona!" hyunkyung and kangmin greeted. 

 

jimin asked, "we haven't talked much since i graduated, have we?"

 

they shook their heads and kangmin said, "all the trainees look through the yearbooks and laugh at your sophomore photo."

 

jimin sighed, "we don't talk about that. i was having a bad day okay?" and muttered, "damn you yerin,"

 

the boys laughed and jimin said, "i'm gonna go check out the food bar. see ya later," and waved. 

 

she turned her focus away from the short lived conversation to the tables stacked high with delicacies.