little pumpkin girl

to vary

 

ayeon tapped her foot impatiently, "ugh, what is jimin doing?"

 

this year was the first year jype would be hosting a halloween party and all jyp artists were required to attend.

day6, ayeon, and 15& had agreed to meet in the jyp building first but jimin had yet to appear.

 

yerin sighed, "jimin should arrive soon but the traffic is quite crowded."

sungjin noted, "she might want to hurry up ; it looks like it might rain soon."

they stood around for a few minutes, idly chit-chatting until a couple of raindrops soon became a curtain of precipitation.

 

rain poured outside and the young adults murmered with each other.

"I wonder if there'll be actual popular idols at the party," Brian mused.

dowoon said, "i wouldn't be surprised if there are. jyp is one of the big 3. of course they want to come!"

"they'll probably also going for the food," jae added, "that's why I'm going,"

after a small wave of laughter, lightning flashed outside and thunder made the whole building vibrate. 

 

suddenly, the entrance to the jype building burst open.

the idols turned around - only to find a little girl wearing a devil costume. 

"aw hello there," yerin immediately smiled, "are you lost?"

 

before she could respond, ayeon and jae gasped.

they made eye contact with each other and nodded. 

the duo ran to the girl and corraled her into a corner. 

 

ayeon whispered, "what's your name?" 

"park jimin!" she loudly answered. 

jae already looked like he was about to faint. 

"how old are you?" ayeon continued. 

"13!"

"and by any chance, are you on kpopstar?" 

jimin answered, "actually my mom signed me up for that show not so long ago. how'd you know?"

"and what year is it?" ayeon asked without replying to her question.

"2011! now can you tell me why you've been asking me all these questions?" 

 

both jae and ayeon sighed.

jae asked, "this can't be possible, right?"

ayeon responded, "she looks just like her and she says its even ing 2011. what do you think?"

"maybe her parent is obsessed with jimin and had surgery on her kid or something."

"what if it's time travel? a message from the past?" ayeon's eyes were as large as marbles.

jae shook his head, "you're overthinking this. but the better question is what are we going to tell pd-nim? he's probably already pissed that we're late and if we tell him jimin got transformed into a little girl, he's going to think we're insane."

 

jimin interrupted, "is something wrong? your faces look like you just saw a ghost." 

"a ghost!" ayeon repeated and touched jimin's solid shoulder.

sighing again, jae and ayeon turned around to meet the other jyp artist's curious faces. 

wonpil asked, "did she get lost from her parents?"

"haha, sure. yeah, she did," ayeon tensely answered. 

 

"but where'd she go?" yerin asked.

the 2 former kpopstar contestants turned around to find the little girl was gone. 

one look at the wide open door, and the duo knew where she was headed. 

 

"jimin!" ayeon angrily shouted and ran out, followed by jae. 

a small figure waddled across a busy street.

"what is she thinking?" jae cursed. 

ayeon pressed the walk button several times and miraculously, the traffic lights turned red and jimin crossed the road safely with the older duo running behind her. 

 

"was i this stupid when i was 13?" ayeon asked.

jae shook his head, "im pretty sure it's just jimin."

jimin turned around and said, "let's go trick or treating!"

"she's not even fazed by what just happened," ayeon exhaled. 

 

jimin casually skipped into a nearby neighborhood and began to knock on doors. 

jae and ayeon did their best to hide in the shadows and tried to give a don't-come-near-me vibe but several people recognized them. 

 

a group of teens approached them. 

"kpopstar was my favorite tv show when i was a kid!" one of them smiled.

"thank you," ayeon bowed. 

"can we have a photo with you guys?" another girl asked. 

"why not?" jae joked and held the phone up high. 

after the group moved on, jae looked around. 

 

"where's jimin?"

"damnit," ayeon muttered and rushed past a crowd of parents. 

 

the moonlight lit the sidewalks and moist grass squished under their feet.

"jimin!" jae dared yelling. 

ayeon shouted, "park jimin!"

 

they spent half an hour searching for her.

soon, lights began to shut off and children returned to their homes to trade their treasures. 

"what do we do?" ayeon sighed. 

 

the duo sat on a curb in silence.

"my throat hurts," jae stated. 

"mine too," ayeon agreed. 

 

 

suddenly, a high pitched shout broke the stillness. 

"jimin?" ayeon and jae jumped up simultaneously. 

a little girl began to run in their direction. 

"it's her!" ayeon broke into a run.

 

jimin melted into ayeon's arms with tears dribbling down her cheeks.

"what happened?" jae asked. 

sobbing, she barely managed out, "these weird men were following me."

"it's alright," ayeon rubbed her small back in circles, "we're here for you."

"how'd you get away?" jae continued to press. 

ayeon shot him a glare but said nothing. 

"a house was having a halloween party on their frontyard and i slipped into the crowd. i ran the opposite direction as fast as i could," jimin hiccupped. 

she looked down, "i dropped all my candy too."

 

jae pulled out a snickers from his back pocket and smirked, "sometimes you're not yourself when you're hungry."

and the trio giggled deep into the night.

 


 

ahh just a quick little whip that i felt like doing. 

i just really love all the kpopstar 1 contestants and wanted to fit lee hi into here somewhere but oh well. 

look forward to more one shots and

happy early halloween!