Chapter 1

I Love You, and I Always Will

 

*seven months later*

 

"Okay guys, I'm gonna return you your essays now!" Mr Kim announced brightly.

 

I smiled when I got mine back, 27 out of 30. I almost laughed when I read his comments, they were full of exclamation marks and smiley faces. Mr Kim was the most encouraging teacher in school, he always helped his students when they needed it and he never failed anyone in his class.

 

Riiiiiiiiiiiing

 

Everyone started packing up their stuff as the bell signaled the end of the last school day of the week. I was just walking out the door when I heard someone call my name.

 

"Jaewon, stay back for a while, would you?" Mr Kim called out.

 

My heart skipped a beat when he called my name, then quickened it's pace as I processed what he said.

 

Me.

 

Him.

 

Alone.

 

Oh dear God I had to stop feeling this way. It wasn't possible anyway, he was a teacher and I was his student. Then again, how could I not like him? He had perfect looks, high cheekbones, cat-like eyes and a slender body. He was kind, caring and thoughtful, not to mention incredibly smart, and he was only five years my senior, having graduated and become a teacher only last year.

 

Considering a crush lasts up to four months, and I've liked Mr Kim since the beginning of the year, I think I should finally admit it.

 

I love my English teacher.

 

Mr Kim was still sitting at the table marking assignments when the last of my classmates left.

 

"Close the door", he said to me, not even looking up from his work.

 

The moment the door clicked close, he put his pen down, stood up to face me, and beckoned me forward, looking straight into my eyes.

 

I felt my face grow warm when he gazed into my eyes and I immediately looked down, hoping he hadn't noticed.

 

By the time I got to the teachers' table, my heart was beating so hard and so fast that I could almost hear it.

 

He grasped both of my shoulders and looked deep into my eyes, making me blush and look down again.

 

He chuckled softly and leaned forward to whisper something into my ear.

 

My eyes widened as his words sank in.

 

"Jaewon, I've wanted to tell you this for such a long time. I like you. Alot. And I know you feel the same way about me."

 

I froze. I didn't know what to do or what to say. Oh God what do I do now?

 

He removed his hands from my shoulders and placed them on the table, on either side of me, effectively trapping me there.

 

I was still in shock but then he leaned in, and the moment I felt his lips touch mine, everything fell into place and I found myself kissing him back. I ran my fingers through his soft brown hair and then locked my hands behind his neck.

 

A shiver ran up my spine as a wave of feelings and emotions crashed over me.

 

Love.

 

Desire.

 

Fear.

 

Want.

 

Need.

 

Love.

 

I loved him desperately. I wanted him desperately. I needed him desperately. The magnitude of the feelings I had for him couldn't even be expressed in words, it was far too great.

 

We were both gasping for breath when he pulled away. He was so close that I could smell him and I could feel his breath on my lips.

 

"You're so short", he teased, smiling as he lifted me easily onto the table.

 

"But guys like that about me because they feel like they want to protect me- or so I've been told", I joked back.

 

That was true though. A few years ago, my friends and I were talking and I happened to complain about my height. Then, one of my friends, who was at least five inches taller than me, told me that she envied me because of my small size. She said that in general, guys liked petite girls because it made them feel stronger and more masculine.

 

I brushed it off as nonsense at first, but then in highschool, I started to get rather alot of attention from the male population at school. I turned them all down, of course, but I was curious as to why so many of them liked me. I asked the next one who confessed to me, and his answer was simple. He said that whenever guys saw me, they instinctively wanted to protect me. I guess Mr Kim felt like that too.

 

Our eyes locked and I leaned back until my back was flat on the table, pulling him back with me.

 

He smirked at me- dear God he was y- and then kissed me suddenly, making me gasp in surprise. He took advantage of that and plunged his tongue into my mouth. A soft moan escaped me as he explored my mouth, our tongues fighting for dominance in a seemingly unending battle until I decided to give in. I gripped him closer and mumbled something about the place we were in not being very appropriate. He grinned widely and then stood up straight, pulling me with him.

 

The next thing I know, we were outside his apartment, he keyed in the passcode and dragged me in with him. He kicked the door close and turned to face me.

 

"Now, where were we?"

 

Before I even had time to respond, he pinned me to the wall and kissed me with a passion I'll never forget.

 

Our lips were locked as we slowly made our way to his bedroom, leaving a trail of clothes behind us.

 

When we finally reached the bedroom, we were both completely . He carried me bridal style and laid me in the center of the large king-sized bed, straddling me and then leaning down to brush his lips against mine.

 

This was it, I was positive that I was ready for this, but it was my first time, and I was scared. Also, what lay between his legs shocked me a little. He was bigger than I'd have thought, surprising, given his body size.

 

"Mr Kim- " I started.

 

"Call me Key".

 

"Key", I breathed, as he leaned down to capture my lips once more, making me forget what it was that I'd wanted to say in the first place.