9 Months

Description

Characters -

Kim Taeyeon

Bubbly successful lawyer who used to live with her grandmother, uncle and cousin, she was arranged to be married with a superstar athlete Lee Jin Ki. She was also forced to have a baby with him. Worst cook in the history of worst cooks.

Lee Jin Ki

A goalkeeper in the National Football team in Korea. Awkward around girls and around babies. Used to be a singer but quit to become a footballer. He used to live with his brother, step brothers and best friend.

Minor -

Jung Jessica & the rest of SNSD

SHINee

Sun Mi and SunYe (from Wondergirls)

Super Junior (Mainly Si Won, leeteuk, Kangin, Ryeowook, and Kyuhyun)

DBSK (Mainly Changmin, Junsu and Jaejoong)

------------------------

SOUNDTRACK (so far)

SNSD - Time Machine

SNSD - Mistake

SHINee Onew - The Name I Loved

SHINee Onew and SNSD Jessica - One Year Later

Super Junior - It's You

Super Junior M - Me

SHINee - Quasimodo

SHINee - Bodyguard

Foreword

 An introduction.

Kim Taeyeon is a city girl full of hopes and dreams. She comes from a wealthy and independant family with a good background. Her grandmother, Kim Yeon Ri had set her up with a man that Kim Taeyeon barely even knew.  A man from village Busan. In order to not upset her grandmother who was one of the people that she loved most, she agreed to marry him.


"Get married and let me have a grandchild fast." Her grandmother said. Her grandmother was a successful entrepeneur. She knows what she wants, and she demands it. Whatever she wants, goes. And having a great-grandchild is one of the things she badly wants. She could have easily asked Taeyeon's older cousin, Kim Jaejoong to give her a great-grandchild, but Kim Jaejoong disagreed to marry the girl that the grandmother had set up for him.


"I am 26 years old, grandmamma, i know what i want. And this is not it. I want to be involved in music, that's what I want. Please be supportive." He pleaded.


"That is no excuse, Kim Jaejoong. When I married your grandfather , i still had my business running and it went great. You should know that our family is my first priority. I emphasize my 'Kim' family to whoever, whenever. I am proud to be a Kim, and i want the Kim family name to spread." She said proudly. "I will support you a hundred percent, you know that, right? But at least, give it a thought. Please consider."


-------------------------------------


After his talk with his grandmother, he slammed the door in frustration and sighed, heading towards the kitchen, where he found his cousin Taeyeon drinking soda while reading a magazine.


"I heard grandmamma set you up to get married too." Taeyeon smiled, as she finished the last gulp of soda. Jaejoong dragged a white chair to sit next to her.


"Yeah... It's just unfair."


"What's so unfair?" Taeyeon asked. She stood up and rummaged through the kitchen cupboard to find a cup to fill it with orange juice.


"I want to be a singer." Jaejoong sighed, looking down on the floor as it was the first time that he ever told his cousin about his dream. "It's silly, i know."


"It's not silly." Taeyeon went to him, gave him his orange juice. She smiled and patted her cousin's shoulder. "You're a great singer, and even grandmamma can't deny that."


"I wish grandpapa was here...." Jaejoong sighed. He took his drink and began to drink it as if it was soju. Taeyeon decided to not say anything. "He would have set her mind straight and convince her that i should follow my dream." He continued sadly.


"Maybe she just misses him, you know?" She shrugged her shoulders.


"Yah, how could you agree to it so easily?" Jaejoong asked Taeyeon. "How could you easily marry someone you don't know just because grandmamma asked you to?"


"What do you mean? I trust grandmamma with my life. There's no need to question it." She answered simply. "If grandchildren is what she wants, then I will give it to her."


"I forgot, you are just like her."


"Just like who?"


"Grandmamma. You're exactly like her. You're independant, so you never had a boyfriend in your life, you are a successful lawyer, and mostly, you're very family oriented."


"What is that supposed to mean?"


"You love family. You love the thought of having a husband to count on, children to raise, parents and grandparents to respect..."


"And cousin to bully." Taeyeon smiled deviously.


Jaejoong gave Taeyeon a warning look.


"Just kidding." Taeyeon smiled. "Well, to make it worth, you are just like grandpapa. Focused, kind hearted, and whatever it is that Grandmamma's 'brilliant' brain came up with, you'd rebel against it." Taeyeon laughed.


"That's kind of true."


"It is...." Taeyeon smiled. "I miss him."


"So... tell me about this guy you're doomed to live forever with."


"Well, I heard he's a fantastic cook."


"That's good, because you can't cook to save your life." Jaejoong said, raising an eyebrow. Taeyeon playfully nudged his shoulders. Jaejoong almost screamed in pain. Yes, Taeyeon was one of the best baseball players in her school, she also plays football (soccer), and tennis. She could even scream like sharapova. She was quite 'manly' when she was in elementary school and she had a lot of guy friends. High school changed her a little bit and made her more feminine. This attracted more guys.


Taeyeon is really attractive. She's quite well aware of it, but she pretends as if it doesn't bother her. She received a lot of confessions and relationship requests but she rejected every single one of them because she truly liked her own best friend. But we'll get to that later.


"Anyway, he's an athlete, so that's a plus. He's a 'Lee',  He's from Busan! I used to live there, remember?"


"Yes, we both used to live there, dear one." Jaejoong chuckled lightly.


"Well, that is all i know about him."


"What does he know about you?"


"He knows I'm the perfect girl with a pretty face and gorgeous body. Smart and successful, lovely and ladylike."


"You have not married him yet and you're already lying to him?!"


"YAH!"


---------------------------------------------------------


Anyway, Taeyeon got married to the man she was supposed to marry. Without any rebellations, the wedding went on smoothly, and she felt happy. Of course, the invisible teenager inside of her tells her to not feel so happy about this, but she trusts her grandmother's choice and went on with it with a happy face.


Even if her groom wasn't her choice, she still had the power to decide on the wedding plans. The date, the venue, her dress, so it wasn't bad at all.


About 300 guests were invited in total, to a wedding in Jeju Island. It was a two day wedding. There were also a lot of paparazzis since her grandmother was really famous and her own groom was famous as well.


First day, early in the morning, the wedding was held at a Grand Hotel which was booked specially for the wedding and guests. It was a traditional Korean wedding where they wore hanboks and such.


The second day, they held the wedding in the hotel grand ballroom and the wedding was held western style where they wore dresses and tuxedos. And during the night, they held a special barbeque dinner at the beach decorated with lanterns, fairy lights and fireworks.


Because Taeyeon had no siblings, she had to ask her best friend, Sun Mi to be her maid of honor. The role of best man went to the groom's brother, Lee Taemin.


I should probably tell you about the groom now, shouldn't I?


Her groom, is none other than the famous athlete, Lee Jin Ki. He used to be a singer, but decided to follow his father's footsteps to become a footballer instead. His stagename was Onew, and his football fans also calls him Onew. His parents were divorced when he was only 7, and he moved to Seoul with his brother Taemin who was 4 and his father, who then remarried a lady who already had two sons, Kim Ki Bum, and Kim Jonghyun. As the boys aged, they lived together (the four of them, plus his best friend Minho), in an apartment in the middle of the city.


Okay, so let's go back to the wedding. Taeyeon's bridesmaids were 7 girls, Sunny, Tiffany, Seohyun, Yuri, Yoona, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung, which were her close friends.


Her other best friends, Si Won, Kyuhyun, Kangin, Leeteuk, Changmin, Eunhyuk, Junsu, Yunho, Ryeowook also came with proud faces. (sort of. I'll explain later).
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Taeyeon slipped off her fancy heels and massaged it slowly as she got back from the barbeque party. She had troubles going back to her hotel room, but she managed as she limped slowly, making her way on the 5th floor (with the help of some friends who weren't drunk)


She changed her formal red dress to a simple teal pajamas, brushed her teeth and washed her face. She started to worry.


'What am i supposed to do on the first night? Well... technically, this is the second night... but... still." Taeyeon worried.


"Taeyeon?" there was a sudden knock on the door. It was certainly her new... husband. He has a distinctive deep voice. "Are you in the bathroom?"


"Y-yes." Taeyeon answered nervously. She definitely couldn't... 'make love' to him. Not yet. She wasn't ready.


"Will you hurry up? I want to change."


"I-into what?" She asked.


"Into my pajamas, what else?" He said, thinking it was obvious.


Taeyeon sighed in relief, telling herself she was a fool to think that Lee Jin Ki would be wanting to 'make love' with her.
She twisted the doorknob and opened the door silently, making no eye contact whatsoever towards her new husband.
"... weird girl. Were you pooping or something?" He muttered under his breath, shrugging his broad shoulders. Taeyeon heard what he said, but decided to not respond.


Taeyeon took a book from her luggage and sat on the bed, as she began to read it. She was already on chapter 11.
Jin Ki returned from the bathroom with his blue rocket pajamas. Taeyeon couldn't help but to laugh. "Rockets?" She smiled.


"It's manlier than my brother's!" He said, feeling insulted.


"Really?"


"Yeah, his is ninja turtles."


"Hmm, i don't know... Ninja turtles are kinda manly." Taeyeon smiled, going back to her book.


"A-are you going to sleep there?" He suddenly asked.


"On the bed? Yes." She said, thinking argument was over. "You could sleep next to me. It doesn't matter. We're husband and wife now."


"For now." He said.


"What do you mean?"


"Do you seriously think we're going to stay together forever?"


"Isn't... that... what marriages are about?" Taeyeon said, putting down her book on her lap, staring at Jin Ki.


"We're not really married, if we were set up. We're not in love." He smiled. "I have my career to think about."


"Then why did you agree to marry me?"


"My father told me to. He knew your grandmother. And truthfully, my dad is the best person I've ever known. Seriously. He is my idol. I respect him truly. And because he asked me to marry you, i couldn't say no. I don't know how to."


"Same here. My grandmamma is the one i truly count on."


"Why do you call her that?"


"Grandmamma? Well, it was my cousin, Jaejoong... He couldn't pronounce correctly when he was a child and kept on saying Gwandmorar. I guess grandmamma was easier to pronounce. I was really close to him, so i followed him. We got used to it, and kept calling her that since." Taeyeon smiled as she remembered her past.


"Oh... you should probably call me Onew instead."


"Isn't that what your fans call you? Why can't I call you Jin Ki like how your close friends and brothers do?"


"I am not comfortable with people I don't know calling me Jin Ki. I'm used to people calling me Onew."


"But you do know me. I'm your wife."


"For now."


"Why do you keep on saying that?!" Taeyeon asked in frustration.


"Look..." He began to sigh, calming himself down. "I'm not one of those guys who rebels against arranged marriages. I take it seriously and honestly it took me 2 days to think about the whole situation and convinced myself it's going to be okay. It was a long process to consider. My career was at stake. I also had a life of my own. If this is what we're meant to be, as you say, husband and wife, I guess that's what we're meant to be. but it takes time. For now, I'd like to know you better first."


"Okay... for starters... I'm a full time lawyer, but i also do arts a lot. You know, painting, drawing, and such." Taeyeon began. "I live with my grandmamma, my uncle and my cousin at my grandmamma's mansion. I have no siblings, and my parents are in the states. I have a lot of friends who come to keep me company sometimes, and I used to play sports... also, I'm the best cook." She smiled. The best cook wasn't a complete truth, but Jin Ki didn't know that. She waited for him to say something, but unfortunately, he didn't.
"It's your turn." Taeyeon said.


"Oh... right. I'm Lee Jin Ki. I'm a goalkeeper in the national team, my father is a football coach, he used to be in the team. He remarried and now i have 3 brothers. I lived my life with guys, so I don't really know how to interact with girls. I have one godchild Yoogeun who I also don't know how to interact to. I love making songs randomly, I used to be a singer. I have no talent in art whatsoever (except of course, music) I am awkward at most times, but very determined indeed."


"I hope we become good friends." Taeyeon offered to shake hands with him.


"Yes... for now let's just try to be good friends." He smiled and shook her hand. As she touched her, there weren't any instant chemistry or a sudden electic shock, but she had soft, and cold palm and he knew instantly that she wasn't feeling well. He stood up towards a mini kitchen and found a cup and a packet of coffee. He poured hot water and mixed coffee with cream and sugar.


He offered her the drink, and Taeyeon accepted it with a touched heart. She finished it instantly and placed the cup on her bedside table on her book.


"I think... we should give your grandmother and my father what they really want. Our child." He said nervously, not daring to look at Taeyeon's face. "I have to warn you though I'm really bad with kids. My friend, Minho has a child called Yoo Geun, and he made me a godfather, and I feel as if i'm the most terrible godfather ever existed."


Taeyeon laughed half heartedly. "I saw his baby at the wedding... and his wife is so pretty. Krystal, wasn't it?"
"Yes. She has a sister..." He stopped halfway as he realized that it wasn't time to talk about it. "So... anyway..." He said, smiling. "Do you want children?"


"Not... now... right?" Taeyeon said, nervously.


"Oh, come on, Taeyeon, don't be such a wimp."


Lee Jin Ki kissed Taeyeon deeply.


The rest, well is up to your imagination.
-------------------------------------------------------------

- To be continued -

:)