The beginning

9 Months

Hey guys, before i continue on with the story, I'm just going to say THANK YOU for the nice comments and for the subscriptions, i love you all very much and it encouraged me to write better.

Secondly, regarding the story, I'm going to start calling Lee Jin Ki ONEW from now on to avoid any confusion. "Lee Jin Ki" or "Jin Ki" will only be used by Onew's old close friends like Minho, Taemin, Key, Jonghyun, Krystal, Jessica and Luna.

I hope this chapter will be nice enough. The next chapter will get more interesting, so stay tuned to that. :)

Please post a comment ~

Love.

---------------------

20th April (3 days after wedding) at Milkyway Café

 

Taeyeon was sitting next to Onew, drinking coffee, waiting for her friends. They both agreed to get to know more about each other after the wedding, and what other way is better than to get to know each other by knowing their friends? She wore a casual shirt and skinny jeans as she had no one to impress.

 

It was already 2:03 pm and they were supposed to meet Taeyeon’s friends at 2. Onew was already whining because they had been waiting for almost half an hour. Taeyeon, on the other hand, tried her best to ignore him.

 

“I told you this was a bad idea.” He grumbled. “My coffee is getting cold.”

 

“Shut up, will you? My friends will be here any second. And I promised to meet your friends tonight. It was our deal. Go get yourself another cup of coffee then.”

 

But before Onew could order another cup of his black coffee, a group of people crowded the entrance, searching for Taeyeon. She waved her hands enthusiastically and signaled them to come to where she was. The girls ran excitedly towards her, giving her big hugs while the guys were smiling at the sight of shortie Taeyeon jumping and waving her hands to catch their attention.

 

“Onew oppa, meet Seohyun, Yuri, Tiffany, Yoona, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Sunny, Si Won, Leeteuk, Ryeowook, Changmin, Sungmin. Oh, and Jaejoong oppa.” She said excitedly. “Wait, where is Kyuhyun?”

 

“He said he couldn’t make it.” Leeteuk informed her. Taeyeon disguised her disappointment with a smile. “But don’t worry, he sent his love.” He smirked mischievously. “… To the both of you, of course.” He stuttered nervously, realizing that it was rude to say that when Taeyeon’s husband was there.

 

They sat at a very large table, and each of them started to order. Taeyeon took out her phone from her pockets and checked it. Did Kyuhyun leave any messages?

 

{{NO NEW MESSAGES}}

 

“Is there anything wrong?” Onew suddenly asked.

 

“No, nothing.” Taeyeon tried to smile. No one else knew except for Jaejoong and herself, that she had a crush on her best friend. She kept it a secret because honestly Taeyeon was never interested in a relationship.  She thinks she’s awkward and selfish; she likes things all to herself and doing things all by herself.

 

Taeyeon’s friends were roaring with laughter after Leeteuk made a witty comment about the bachelor party that they had before Taeyeon and Onew’s wedding. Since Taeyeon wasn’t fully concentrating on the joke, she could only laugh along awkwardly.

 

They began to change the subject and talked about Taeyeon instead.


“Onew, our friend Taeyeon is really pretty isn’t she?” Hyoyeon asked, smiling mischievously.

 

“Yes, of course.” He said, and then his face turned to her to scan her face which flushed in pink.

 

“You’re a lucky man, Onew. Almost everyone likes Taeyeon.” Leeteuk added, which made her blush even more. Taeyeon shook her head, trying to cover her bashful smile. The others nodded their heads in agreement.

 

“Aish, even Leeteuk liked her!” Yuri laughed, patting Leeteuk’s shoulders. His face blushed even redder than Taeyeon’s.

 

“Yah! He did, too!” Leeteuk pointed at several other guys who were laughing at him.

 

“Yeah, that’s true~” Yuri started to laugh. The rest laughed, too. Onew didn’t, though. He only nodded his head awkwardly.

 

The small gathering ended and her friends left Taeyeon and Onew with the bill. Onew sighed in frustration. Taeyeon tried to smile and massaged his shoulders slowly and whispered an apology. Jaejoong also tagged along with them because he had nothing to do.

 

“Where are you guys having dinner tonight?” He asked.

 

“At home. Onew’s brothers are coming to eat my delicious dishes. You should join us.” She smiled excitedly.

 

Jaejoong’s face turned pale. “Maybe not…” He hesitated. Taeyeon knew what he thought about her cooking and she chose to not believe him. Taeyeon thinks she’s a great cook.

 

“Come on, oppa, please?” Taeyeon did her puppy dog face, raising the pitch of her voice to show off her aegyo.

 

“As long as you stop doing that disturbing voice and face, yeah.” He smiled. “Plus, I don’t want you to poison your in-laws, so I have to help out.” He said.

----------------------------------------------------

 

They went back to Taeyeon and Onew’s new apartment that Onew’s dad prepared for them. It was big enough for the both of them, and it was comfortable and they had a huge window to see the great view of Seoul. The interior design were modern and sleek, which were designed specially for them.

 

Taeyeon stayed in the kitchen that evening, preparing food to serve her honorable guests, which were Taemin, Minho, Jonghyun, Key, Jessica, Krystal and Yoogeun. She rushed back and forth from the kitchen counter to the fridge, and everything was in a mess.

 

Onew and Jaejoong on the other hand, were at the living room, watching TV. Onew changed the channel to a sports channel, watching a football game.

 

“Wow, our National team is leading! This is not live is it?” Jaejoong suddenly asked.

 

“Of course not… I’m here.” Onew laughed. He was the goalkeeper after all. He couldn’t be in two places at once. Jaejoong laughed at his foolishness.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jaejoong said.

 

“No, hyung, it’s alright.” Onew smiled. “This game was 2 months ago. We won, 3-0” He smiled proudly.

 

“Your father is the coach, right?”

 

“That’s right. I used to be a singer, you see, but I figured that I wanted to be exactly like my dad. So I changed my career, and with the help of my dad, I got into the team.”

 

Jaejoong thought silently. Of course, Onew was a singer and a famous one, too. “I actually want to be a singer myself, but my grandmother thinks it’s ridiculous.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeap. But Taeyeon… she was confident in me and gave me courage.”

 

“You must be close to Taeyeon, hmm?” Onew suddenly asked.

 

“Yeah, we lived together after my parents passed away when I was three, then I started to live with our grandmother, uncle, Taeyeon’s parents, and Taeyeon. It was nice.” Jaejoong said, trying to not take his eyes off the television.

 

“I lived with my brothers and my best friend since I was 19. We had an apartment of our own, trying to live independently. It wasn’t such a good idea at first, but we got the hang of it.” Onew smiled.

 

“I know how you feel. Taeyeon and I didn’t get along at first… but now she’s like my sister…” He paused, smiling. “So… if you ever hurt her, Lee Jin Ki… I swear…”

 

“I won’t.” Onew said quickly. “I promise you I won’t.”

 

“Speaking of taeyeon, we’d better help her in the kitchen.”

 

They both went to the kitchen and found Taeyeon cutting some radishes. Her forehead was damped with sweat, her hair was starting to get messy, the ingredients were out of place, the water in the pots were already boiling, her apron was smeared with chilli paste and the table had no space for anything left.

 

She had already done a special stuffed chicken, which was half burnt, actually. She was trying to make kimchi stew, and there were other several dishes that she intended to cook, but it felt as if the time didn’t allow her.

 

“You’re cutting it way too big, Taeng.” Jaejoong complained.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” She asked, her eyes widened in surprise. “You are not allowed to be in the kitchen. This is my space. I need privacy.”

 

“We’re here to help you.” Onew said, already rolling his sleeves to start helping out.

 

“No, really, I’ve got it covered.” She smiled, dipping the radishes in mustard.

 

“Yeah, you got it covered in mustard. What the hell are you thinking, Taeyeon?” Jaejoong whined.

 

“I… was… experimenting?” Taeyeon stuttered, unsure of what she was doing. She then burst into tears, already giving up.

 

“Look what you’ve done!” Onew yelled angrily at Jaejoong.

 

“What I’ve done? I wasn’t the one that dipped radishes in mustard!” Jaejoong retorted. Taeyeon sobbed harder, wiping her tears with her plastic glove that she was wearing. “Sorry, Taeyeon, I didn’t mean it… please stop crying… I’m sorry.” Jaejoong finally realized what he had done.

 

“I can’t…” Taeyeon said, her eyes were becoming red.

 

“Why not?” Jaejoong walked towards her and hugged her. Onew could only stand still awkwardly, not knowing how to react to her tears.

 

“I think I got something in my eye when I wiped my tears.” Taeyeon sobbed.

 

Jaejoong took off her dirty plastic glove and sighed. “Onew, can you take care of Taeyeon’s eyes first? I can help her cook.”

 

“No…” Taeyeon whimpered. “I promised his family and friends that I would cook.”

 

“They won’t need to know, right, Onew?”

 

“…Yeah.” Onew went to her, grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the kitchen. He dragged her to their room and asked her to sit on the bed. He went to his dresser and took a first aid kit.

 

He went back to her and checked her eye, but there was nothing. “Maybe it’s just the chili paste, or… the mustard.” Taeyeon sobbed harder. “I’m such a failure as a girl.”

 

“No you’re not…” Onew said calmly. “In fact, I think you’ve succeeded the role of a girl perfectly.” He smirked.

When the dishes were done perfectly, Jaejoong suddenly had a phone call and had to leave. “It was grandmamma. Maybe I’ll join your dinner next time, okay, Tae? And I’m really sorry about what I said earlier.”

 

“No… you don’t have to apologize to me. I owe you. I could never prepare those food myself, so thank you.” Taeyeon hugged Jaejoong.

 

“Hyung… I’m sorry for yelling at you earlier.” Onew said.

 

“No, you were protecting Taeyeon, and that’s all I care about. Good job, you might be a great in-law after all.” Jaejoong patted onew’s shoulder, and left the house.

 

“Okay! Now I have an hour to clean up the house!” Taeyeon panicked.

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“Annyeong.” Everyone greeted as they arrived at their apartment. Yoogeun was running around the house excitedly, while Krystal was watching over him to make sure he wouldn’t create trouble. Minho only laughed at his kid’s excitement while the others were looking around at the house in awe.

 

“Dinner’s ready.” Taeyeon announced happily from the dining room.

 

“Wow, samgyupsal, bibimbap, Japchae, kimchi stew, stuffed chicken and even soju. Did you prepare this yourself, sister-in-law?” Taemin asked.

 

“No… I-“ Taeyeon tried to say, but she couldn’t find the right words to say, so she decided to leave it at that.

 

“You’re just being modest.” Jonghyun smiled.

 

They settled down to eat and enjoyed the meal that Taeyeon prepared. Taeyeon analyzed their facial expression, and everyone nodded in unison, only saying “Yummy…” meaning that it was a success and it was delicious. Taeyeon sighed in relief. Of course it was nice; Jaejoong prepared it, after all.

 

“So… did any paparazzis or magazines tried to invade your privacy yet?” Key asked.

 

“Umm… no.”

 

“That’s odd. Maybe Jin Ki’s popularity dropped as soon as netizens found out he’s married.”

 

Onew laughed awkwardly at Key’s witty comment then cleared his throat, feeling uncomfortable.

 

“Yoogeun is so cute.” Taeyeon smiled, trying to change the subject.

 

“Thank you.” Krystal smiled.

 

“He looks exactly like his dad.” Taeyeon said, facing Minho, who was beside Krystal.

 

“Exactly, we’ve heard that quite a lot.” Minho smiled, munching the food in delight.

 

“He’s not one bit like his godfather.” Taeyeon giggled, looking at Onew who was surprised that he was involved in their conversation. He was too focused on eating the specially cooked chicken that Taeyeon prepared for him.

 

“That’s only half true.” Krystal smiled. “Yoogeun is a very active kid, just like Jin Ki. He’s athletic too. Although sometimes he can be snappy and quiet like his godmother.” Krystal laughed.

 

Godmother? Taeyeon didn’t know anything about Yoogeun’s godmother. “…who?” Taeyeon asked in curiosity.

 

“Oh… Jessica.” Krystal pointed towards Jessica who was sitting on the right side of her. Taeyeon stared at her. She didn’t realize Jessica was there because she was too quiet.

 

Jessica, who was playing with her food silently, suddenly looked up after hearing people mentioning her name.

 

“N-nice to meet you.” Taeyeon said, bowing her head slightly to be polite.

 

“You too.” Jessica smiled.

 

Onew could only gulp, avoiding every single eye contact that Taeyeon tried to give.

 

“If you’ll excuse me… I don’t feel so good.” Taeyeon stood up from the table and left the dining room.