The news.

9 Months

i think i made a lot of mistakes and i'm sorry for that. It's just that i havent update for a while now and i wanted to update fast so i was in a rush. I am not satisfied with this chapter at all and i feel so sorry for all of you readers. Please forgive me. I'll do better for the next chapter. Thank you <3

---------------------

For about three days, Taeyeon had been worrying alone. Ever since she felt sick during dinner with Onew’s friends, she never felt better. She didn’t tell Onew of course, because she knew what she was going through and it scared the out of her.

 

She’s pregnant.

 

It had to be that. There is no other reason why she kept on throwing up every few hours. She didn’t know what to do, who to consult with or how to react. She was too worried. That day, she felt extra nauseous. She had the whole day to herself, and Onew left for work. She didn’t know what else to do, so she called the only person what she could count on.

 

Jaejoong.

 

“Oppa.”

 

“Taeyeon? Oh I’m really sorry, I’m in a rush, and so can you call me back?” Taeyeon could here Jaejoong gasping for air, his words came out in a fast pace.

 

“Umm… but it’s important.”

 

“Is it taking long?”

 

“Yes… a little bit.”

 

“I’m really sorry, Taeyeonie. I really need to go.”

 

“I understand.”

 

“Call your umma.”

 

“She’s in Canada.”

 

“Oh… I forgot… look, Taeyeon, I’ll call you back in an hour. Deal?”

 

“Okay.”

 

She ended the call first in disappointment. She couldn’t wait that long, she was already feeling nauseous. She searched a few names on the contact list, deciding who to call. None of her friends ever had the experience before, so they would be as clueless as she would be.

 

Suddenly, she had an idea. She had Onew’s friends’ numbers and so she decided to call Krystal, who is experienced. It took quite a long time to reach her and by the time she did, Krystal also sounded quite busy and the background was a little noisy.

 

“Yobosaeyo?” Krystal answered, not recognizing the number.


“Ah… Krystal… This is Taeyeon.”

 

“Oh, unni~ what’s up?”

 

“Ummm… are you busy?”

 

“I’m at the kindergarten with the kids, but my work will end in 10 minutes.” She answered cheerfully. Taeyeon remembered that Minho did mention that Krystal was a kindergarten teacher.

 

“Ah… can I see you?”

 

“Why, did Jin Ki oppa do anything inappropriate to you?”

 

“No!” Taeyeon answered, suddenly feeling flustered.


“Okay.  Meet me at Milky Way café in 15 minutes.”

 

Taeyeon’s mind went haywire when she ended the call. Rush of emotions and thoughts ran in her mind, and she couldn’t keep focus on what she should do. She took her car keys and ran out to her car. She wasn’t well prepared. She wasn’t wearing any make up, and she wore a white floral shirt, soft blue denim shorts and a pair of pink sneakers to match her pink tips on her blonde hair. She also brought her simple handbag with her to finish the look.

 

She arrived at Milky Way café about only 3 minutes earlier and she instantly saw Krystal running towards the destination. She was alone, wearing a pink shirt and jeans, carrying a handbag.  

 

“Where’s Yoogeun?”

 

“With Minho. Where’s Jin Ki oppa?”

 

“Work.” Taeyeon answered simply.

 

They went inside the café, ordering nothing other than coffee. Taeyeon played with her sugar packets, still considering whether or not she should tell Krystal. Of course she had to. She couldn’t bare it alone by herself. It would drive her completely insane. Krystal was waiting patiently for Taeyeon to say something, so they both sat awkwardly in silence.

 

“Actually… the reason why I call you here is…” Taeyeon started, feeling her heartbeat racing faster. “I think I’m pregnant.” She finally said. Even just hearing herself saying it made her feel nauseous and giddy.

 

Krystal didn’t react the way Taeyeon expected her to. Instead of being surprised, Krystal was clapping her hands and congratulating her excitedly. “Wow, what are you going to name your baby? How did Jin Ki oppa react to it? When are you due? This is so exciting! But why did you tell me, though?”

 

“The thing is… I’m not sure myself and I didn’t even know what to do, so I didn’t tell Onew anything… Since you know what to do, I called you instantly.”

 

Their coffee arrived as soon as the good news was announced. Taeyeon took her coffee slowly but was stopped by Krystal. “No drinking coffee, miss!” She smiled. Krystal took both hers and Taeyeon’s and drank them in a one-shot. Taeyeon looked extremely surprised by her action, and Krystal explained that she was tired after a day with the little kids in her kindergarten. “They were running around like maniacs, I tell you.” Krystal laughed.

 

Taeyeon realized what an amazing person Krystal was. So energetic and so lively, no wonder Yoogeun was so active as well.

 

--------------------------------

Krystal instantly took Taeyeon to the nearest clinic only a few blocks away from the restaurant. There weren’t a lot of people, so they didn’t wait long for her turn. When it was her turn, Taeyeon gave Krystal her handbag and told her to wait outside in the waiting room while she sees the doctor. She wanted to see the doctor alone. Krystal nodded, telling Taeyeon that she understood.

 

While Taeyeon was inside, Krystal was playing with an application on her phone, fully entertained. Suddenly, there was a ring. It wasn’t her phone. The ringtone came from Taeyeon’s bag. Krystal hesitated at first, but ped Taeyeon’s bag and took her phone to answer it.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Who’s this?”

 

“This is Krystal… Taeyeon is in the clinic right now… who is this?”

 

“Clinic?! WHAT HAPPENED TO HER? MISS, WHERE IS SHE? WHICH CLINIC?”

 

“Tch.” Krystal said angrily, rubbing her ears. “You almost deafened my ears! Taeyeon is fine! She just thinks she’s pregnant.” Krystal scolded.

 

“What?!” The man said again. “Pregnant? I---“

 

Suddenly the phone was turned off. Krystal checked and turned out it was out of battery. Taeyeon came out a minute later, and Krystal was unable to read her facial expression.

 

Taeyeon walked outside slowly. She placed her hands on her tummy and slowly, while biting her lips, nodded and smiled towards Krystal. Krystal knew instantly what she meant. Taeyeon was definitely pregnant. Krystal was so happy that she forgot about the phone call.

 

-------------------------

 

Taeyeon went home, feeling tired but at the same time happy after the day full of confusion. She wasn’t exactly happy that she was pregnant, she was just relieved that after three days of doubting and nervousness and confusions, she finally knew. She could finally feel at ease. She rubbed her belly again for what seemed like the hundredth time, smiling.

 

She heard someone unlocking the door, and she stood up instantly, knowing it had to be Onew, and it was. He came in, and Taeyeon couldn’t wait to tell him the good news. But his face was serious and it seemed like he had a bad day.

 

“W-welcome home.”

 

“I can’t believe you.” Onew said, his tone of voice was serious and stern. Taeyeon looked at him blankly, her words at loss.

 

“I went to work today, and someone showed me something that caught my eye.” He said slowly, not taking his eyes off hers. Then he lowered his gaze and stared at her tummy. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I-it was sudden… and I didn’t know how to tell you.”

 

“I had to read it off an article from the internet, Taeyeon. From the internet...” He repeated. “My friend was surprised that I didn’t know.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Onew was still staring at her stomach. “How are you feeling now?”

 

“Umm… good… I guess. It was Krystal who took me to the clinic.”

 

“Whatever.” Onew said coldly, and left the room to shower. Taeyeon tried her best to not cry. The way Onew looked at her and the way he said his words hurt her so much. There was a call again. It was from Jaejoong.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Taeyeon-ah! You’re home from the clinic?”

 

“Yes, oppa… How did you know?”

“I called you earlier… but someone else picked up. She told me you think you’re pregnant…” Jaejoong said. He waited for Taeyeon to say something, but Taeyeon’s mind was wandering at a blank place. “Well are you?” He asked.

 

“Umm... yeah.”

 

“That’s great.” He sighed in relief. “Grandmamma asked me to tell you that you should stay at the mansion again.”

 

“Wait, what?”

 

“Now that you’re pregnant, she wants to take care of you and the little baby that’s living inside of you.”

 

“Youtold her?”

 

“Of course I did. She is our grandmamma. She was so happy. she even told everybody about it.” Jaejoong said, and Taeyeon could hear him chuckle. She was fumed in anger. She knew it. Of course her grandmamma would tell everybody. She has a big mouth. That’s how the press found out about her pregnancy. “Taeyeon? Are you there? Why are you always spacing out nowadays? Anyway, I have to go now… and congratulations.”

 

Taeyeon wondered how she should tell Onew about what her grandmamma said, about her staying with grandmamma at the mansion again. She knew Onew would be furious, and she didn’t want him to be... not again.