Because She Reassured Me With Her Words

Reasons Why I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joong Ki have lived his life for 31 years already and he knows that not everything is about him and that not everything is all about other people too. He seems to establish the fact that every one on earth had their own business to attend to. But, he also resolve in himself that people will be in one way or another will mind other peoples' lives. And, that thought scares him because he knows he can't do anything about it.

 

He can tell them the truth and lies, they will still speculate.

He can stay silent or give a statement, they will still gossip.

He can file a case against them, they will still criticize.

He can go out and about and take hiatus, they will still follow.

 

Yes, all eyes are on him. What with the success of all his projects that basically started during DOTS season. Its been years but the people can't get enough of him, and he was beyond thankful. A successful career on his wings, a loving and complete family, a loyal and trustworthy friends and he have her, the woman behind his success.

 

Over the past few months, the media personally take it upon themselves to dig up past issues surrounding him and Hye Kyo, issues with no foundations whatsoever. Their up and coming wedding has been in the different media outlets hence they've been the target of all harsh criticisms from some netizens, especially his Kyo.  He's been contemplating on what action he would take once he returned to Seoul, he's currently in an overseas work and Hye Kyo was left home, tending to all their wedding preparations.

 

He actually asked her to leave all the details to their wedding planner but she specifically said that she wants to be involved. And he just can't take that away from her. Seeing her so full of life and bright despite the circulating issues and criticisms about her and about them made him forget his worries too. He remembered their little chat 2 weeks ago, while she was arranging a set of wild hibiscus in a vase and he openly discussed with her the issue of her being a "cougar".

 

"Do I look like a cougar to you?" she asked. Her beautiful face radiates an inner calming effect that he has to stay silent for a while and be at peace. 

 

"No, of course not. You look like a porcelain doll to me.  To be handled with care," I said and she laughed.

 

"Joong Ki, stop paying attention to whatever things they're saying. They did that to stress you out."

 

"Aisshh, I'm not okay with it. They can't just went around and said things that are not true." he's a little bit insistent now. And so, Hye Kyo did the best thing that would relax him. She candidly take his face and ever so carefully place a tender kiss on his lips. 

 

"Joong Ki, you don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have a say in who hurts you. So I'm not letting them hurt me with just a foolish and crappy issue. Arasso" she said firmly.

 

"Now, that's my girl talking." He smiled, feeling proud of what she said and she in return winked at him before proceeding to display her masterpiece, the beautiful flower arrangement.

 

She was so brave and strong, Joong Ki thought. Years of facing the entertainment world alone made her a warrior, and a fearless one at that.

 

"Song Joong Ki?" He heard someone call his name, the voice a bit familiar yet strangely odd. He was at the bar of the hotel that he was staying and he was catching sleep so he decided to try some wine. He turned around to see the owner of the voice and somehow, he wasn't surprised at all when the intruding visitor came to his view. It was Hyun Bin. 

 

"Anneoyeong, sunbae-nim. I didn't expect to see you here," Joong Ki said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter