Chapter 4

Pinky Promise

"I think all team has picked their queen and knight. Let's play a game to decide which team can enter the final directly. All the queens and knights please come out." Eunji sunbae called out. "Okay, the game could definitely increase the intimacy between our precious queen and knight. It is Pepero game!!" What?????!!! I looked at HeeYeon, hoping she could save me or whatever, but I could only see her smirking. God… please save me! Even though this was not my first kiss, it was not a game that should play randomly. Crimson colour was tinted on Jihoon sunbae's face, maybe he was blushing. "Based on the position, we will start with orange team, then blue team and end with purple team."

Looking at the queen in orange team kept on shaking with the biscuit rod in between her lips when the knight was approaching her, I could imagine what it would be like later. Suddenly JiHoon sunbae leaned closer and whispered to me, " You should be quite familiar about this as this appears a lot on Running Man. We have to hug each other tightly to be stable and use our teeth at the end." I nodded. I had watched many episodes of Running Man, many of them failed because they didn't hug each other. "Of course, it is inevitable that we may brush our lips. I hope you won't mind." I shook my head.

"It's just a game, I understand." I smiled to hide my nervousness. It was our turn and I bit on a side of the biscuit rod. Shutting my eyes tightly, I was so worried and nervous about what was going to happen. Soon, I felt the other end of the rod was shaking and the crowd started to cheer. The nearer he was, the tighter I shut my eyes. He grabbed my shoulders and turned us so that his back was facing the audience. I widened my eyes and heard no noise. Tons of questions were emerged in my heart. Why did he do that? After the biscuit was eaten, he slowly released me. Eunji sunbae walked to us and asked for the remaining part of the biscuit.

"We ate it all." Jihoon sunbae proudly announced. The cheer aroused again. I lowered my head and blushed hardly.

"Wow! I didn't expect that! So the record of purple team is 0cm and you can enter the final directly!"

"You must feel good, right?" SeungHee whispered to me right when I went back to our group. I elbowed her and glared at her. This question was helpless to my situation. It just confused me more. Did he do this intentionally? Or did it just to win the game? "It’s our turn." Seunghee elbowed me again, pulling me back reality.

It was time for me to face the reality, the one that I really didn't want it to happen. Blue team just loss the game, with their leading score in previous game, they didn't need to receive the punishment. But this final game is a war. I had to be concentrated to win the game. Jihoon sunbae asked me to hold his waist in any situation. He stood like a goalkeeper from the start of the game, trying to catch the ball so that we could have the chance to attack. Soon, Gikwang sunbae was hit. This was their strategy as Gikwang sunbae could go the opposite side to attack their queen from the back. As the game proceed, many orange team members were out, and I became more dangerous at the same time. JiHoon sunbae kept holding my hands and led me to dodge the ball. Whenever there were chances, he would catch the ball accurately no matter how fast how powerful the attacks were. Honestly, I also wanted to cheer for him like the blue team was doing. Being protected by him felt so good as girls always wanted to be protected right?

The game had run for 10 minutes, only the knights and queens were left inside the field, so it depends on the members at the outfield. Orange team had the attack chance now, they passed the ball to my back so fast. JiHoon sunbae had no time to cover me and I was to slow to dodge the ball. I was my fault to get hit. I was my fault that the whole group needed to be punished.

"So Purple team is the losing team! We will announce the punishment after the dinner. Please enjoy your dinner at the canteen." BoMi sunbae motioned the students to the canteen. Sigh… it was not the time to eat… even though my favourite food was in front of me, I had no mood to eat now… They must be scolding me... I lowered my head and not dare to see their face...

"HeeYeon-ar, it's okay, we didn't blame on you." SeungHee comforted me.

"Yeah! We are the strongest in team spirit. We really didn't blame on you." Jihyun sunbae also comforted me. All the team members also showed me a comforting smile.

"And you have already done a lot in the warm up game." IlHoon sunbae teased me, earning a playful punch from JiHoon sunbae. We all laughed and went to canteen.

-

After the dinner, the committee members made a camp fire and asked us to sit in circle. "After two days, I believe most of you are now become close friend. Everyone has done so well these two days, so we prepared a little performance for all of you." Namju sunbae shyly said and Hyunsik sunbae took his guitar out. They sang a few hit songs and ost of some cartoon films. Hyunsik sunbae didn't sing together, just played the guitar. He was so charming when he was playing guitar.

"The members have finished singing, now it’s the president's solo!!" When everyone was cheering for Hyunsik sunbae, he hit Ilhoon sunbae playfully, sure he was shy. But the chanting voice was getting louder, so he picked the guitar again and motioned us to be quiet.

"As you guys requested, I will sing a self-composed song, 'I Miss You'." Everyone waited quietly for him to start. (Part: Hyunsik Ilhoon)

"I'm positive it's you, that you're my girl

I'm positive, I'm sure. That this is love

How can it be so good?

I've never been like this before

Even if we're apart for a moment. I go crazy

 

I saw you just a moment ago. But I think of

you again – We’re gonna see each other again later

But I miss you again, I saw you in my dreams

I'm gonna keep seeing you

But I wish you were next to me all day

 

I look and look but I miss you (I miss you)

For a thousand and ten thousand years

I miss only you (I miss you)

Stay like that, so I can always smile

Even after time passes. I only miss you"

 

Ilhoon sunbae added few bars of rap "I see you every day but I miss you

I think I'm under a spell

It forces me to fall for you

Make another mark for the top charmer

Every day, I try to steal glances at you

My love is directly proportionate to time

Our conversation is comfortable like ace

Can't explain this with science

 

I automatically start to hum

My lips are hanging on my ears

It's because it's you. It's only possible

with you – My decision. Yesterday, today

and tomorrow. You you you

 

I saw you just a moment ago. But I think of

you again – We’re gonna see each other again later

But I miss you again, I saw you in my dreams

I'm gonna keep seeing you

But I wish you were next to me all day

 

I look and look but I miss you (I miss you)

For a thousand and ten thousand years

I miss only you (I miss you)

Stay like that, so I can always smile

Even after time passes. I only miss you

 

Even if we get used to each other after time

Let's never forget this feeling right now oh oh

 

Every hour minute second of the day

I miss you

Like the first time that we met

My heart won't change

Just stay like you are now

 

I look and look but I miss you (I miss you)

For a thousand and ten thousand years

I miss only you (I miss you)

Stay like that, so I can always smile

Even after time passes. I only miss you"

 

Was it my hallucination or something? Hyunsik sunbae was looking at me when he was singing that song. Ar… don't think something strange… I was sitting his opposite side so that's why. But that melody and lyrics were so good. His voice was soft and powerful at the same time, as sweet as honey. He could definitely be singer-songwriter if he didn't want to work in science field. He shyly nodded to the people clapping around him for thanks. 

"I hope you all can have a good sleep after listened to Hyunsik's song. But we still have something to settle, do you remember purple team?" Cholong sunbae said suddenly. "It could be a treats or a punishment, and only two of you have to be punished. The punishment is '8 hours in Heaven'." Other s were cheering but I hadn't heard about it before. "Let me explain first. Originally it is '7 minutes in Heaven', which the nominated two have to be locked in a dark room for 7 minutes. We think 7 minutes is too short, so we changed the challenge to 8 hours. The dark room would be an double room that is quite far away from our group rooms. So, if a girl and a boy are picked, we will not be able to hear you. Let's decide now!" I was so panic when I was listening to the introduction. What if I was the picked one? What if the other one was boy? Although the boys in our group looked nice, they might be acting only.

People alwayshad the right feeling when there was unlucky thing happening to you. The bottle pointed right at me. My mind become blank at the moment. When it turned for the second time, I looked at the bottle. I followed the direction it was pointing, and that was Hyunsik sunbae it was pointing. OMMOOO! I had to be calm now. Even we were at the same room, we might not sleep together. Even if we slept on the same bed, nothing would happen. Hyunsik sunbae was reliable.

IlHoon and Bomi sunbae carried our baggage and brought us to the double room. There were at least two to three empty rooms between this double room and the group room. So no one could hear even if we screamed. A double bed could be seen when the door was opened. What the… I looked Hyunsik sunbae who was as shock as me now. But he was the president, how come he didn't know this? "Enjoy your first night~" Ilhoon sunbae elbowed Hyunsik sunbae to enter the room. IlHoon and Bomi sunbae left when they made sure we settled in the room. Hyunsik sunbae and I looked at each other. Since it was to awkward for our two to stay in a individual room, we burst out of laugh.

"Do you want to go wash first?" He asked. Luckily this is a more superior room, like hotel room.

"Sure~" I gathered all the necessary things and went to take a shower. The warm water droplet hit on my tired body, just like massaging every inch that had been paying so much effort today. Too much things happened today, confusing me so much. Sleep was the thing that I wanted the most. But darkness…. I couldn't sleep well last night. Tonight I was with Hyunsik sunbae…. Should I tell him? I may disturb him if I keep turning around… And.. If he really did something do me what should I do?? Enough! I believed he was not this kind of person.

I was sitting and checking Twitter while he was taking a shower. He ruffled his wet hair with his black and white strip towel, really y. He smiled at me. "If you are tired you can sleep first." He dried his hair and half-shouted to me.

"I… er I can't…"

"What?" He couldn't hear me as he was still drying his hair. "Oh? Can't sleep? I will turn off the light now~" He turned off the light and laid on the other side of the bed. I turned my back to him and grabbed the corner of the blanket.

"Hyunsik sunbae…"

"Um?"

"I am so scare of darkness… normally I have to hug a stuff toy to sleep… so can I..." I spoke as soft as possible, it was not that hard feeling if he didn't hear or reject. Before I finished, he had already given me the answer.

"Sure~~ Come here~" I turned and saw him spread his arm, welcoming me with his signature eye smile.Without thinking that much, I hugged him tightly. He also did the same.

"Thank you~ I hope your girlfriend won't mind..."

"Oh~ You don't have to worry about this, I don't have one."

"Impossible! You are nice and gentle, and you know singing and composing. Sure many girls like you." I blurted out suddenly, only feeling shy when I heard his chuckle.

"Thank you for your praise? Haha I am not that perfect as what you have just said."

"So… who do you write that song to? The one that you sang tonight. Your crush?"

"Not a crush, but a girl who lived next door that I liked a lot when I was a kid. We lost contact since I moved away."

"That's a pity…"

"How about you? Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Aigoo~ Of course no~ I am not a pretty girl, how would I have?"

"Nonono~ You are pretty, very pretty."

"Stop joking~ Sweet dream~" I leaned on his chest. His scent and feel were so familiar, seems like I had experienced before.

-

HYUNSIK POV

Finally. Finally I could hug her again tonight. Obviously, she had forgot me, better to say my name and my face. But fine, I would guide you slowly and you would remember our promise. After a while, she was deep in her sleep. This peaceful face was what I had wanted to see these years. I lightly kissed her forehead without waking her up. I really wanted time could stop now… for the rest of our lives...

-

HEEYEON POV

The sunlight woke me up as it shined through the curtain. I slowly opened my eyes, seeing the white clothes with my blur vision, feeling someone was hugging me. Oh! Now I remembered I slept with Hyunsik sunbae last night. Oh God! Although I was facing his chest, if I lifted up my head, sure it would be awkward. And after a night of sleeping, my face must had doubled its size… If he was still sleeping, I could escape in time. Oh no! I had to borrow his clothes. I had to face him anyways… So I slowly lifted my head and saw him smiling at me. Did he just see me struggling? "Good morning Heeyeonnie~~" He greeted me gently and the voice definitely melted my heart.

I covered my red and swollen face, just didn't want him to see. "Good morning sunbae." My voice cracked even I replied him softly.

"Our Heeyeonnie has a cute morning voice~"

"Nonono…" My vision dropped to his chest again.

"I said yes~ And don't cover your face, I am no where better than you." Now I took a look of his face, indeed it swelled a bit. "Refresh yourself and we will go to the canteen. Breakfast time is almost over." I nodded. He passed his back up clothes to me as I go to refresh myself.

We walked to the canteen together, discovering that others were already enjoying their breakfast. They started to cheer when they saw us and it made me feel so embarrassed. "Hey Hyunsik! Sure you have enjoyed you night, including tearing off her clothes. Are you trying to show that she is your girl so you asked her to put on your clothes?" Ilhoon sunbae teased us right when we sat down. I hid my blushed face and lowered my head.

"Stop the nonsense! Nothing happened last night. We are unlike of you, Asmodeus." Hyunsik sunbae retorted him and others teased Ilhoon sunbae instead.

We finished the last activity after breakfast. It was time for us to go back home. I had become much closer with the sunbae and my classmates, especially Hyunsik sunbae. He really treated me so well. Wearing his clothes, his scent could be noticed. The feeling of being in his embrace was also familiar to me, like I had experienced somewhere before.