Chapter 3

Pinky Promise

"Ding Ding Ding!" The alarm of BoMi sunbae went of, representing we needed to wake. I walked slowly to the toilet to refresh myself, SeungHee also looked sleepy as she stuffed her toothbrush into . 

"Good morning SeungHee." I smiled to greet her.

"Good Morning!" She smiled back. "I heard that we will play group games today."

"Really? That was bad, I was so bad at group games..."

"It's okay, I am not good at that too." She patted my shoulder to encourage me.

-

"It's good to see that everyone is so energetic. Let's waste no time and start our game. It follows the group that you are in now. We will play several games. The winner of each round would get certain amount of point. Who get the lowest point at the end of the day, would get their punishment. Are you ready?" Today NamJu sunbae hosted the game. After we all screamed for 'yes', he continued. "The first game is simple. The team members sit separately and called out a number. If the people who stand up match the number you called, you will be lose. And you will need to eat our spicy sushi~~" The sushi was green in colour, so obvious that it was full of wasabi. We started to choose who would go for the round.

"Oh god... I don't know how to play and can't eat spicy food... what should I do..." I mumbled to myself at the corner.

"So HeeYeon, do you want to go?" JiHoon sunbae asked me. Before I could say anything, another student volunteered, so I got a lot relief. After a few rounds, NamJu sunbae demanded all the people joined the game. I nervously sat on my seat, trying to concentrate and not to lose. Luckily it went smoothly, until the last round. Who lost this round, whole team needed to receive the punishment. I kept praying that our teammates would be fine, but Gikwang sunbae made a mistake, so the purple team needed to be punished. I used all my courage and walked to choose the sushi. All the rice turned green, so they must had put a lot of wasabi in it. I hoped my luck was still with me and chose one with salmon topping.

"Let's take a photo first!" After the photo was taken, we started to eat the sushi. I took a deep breathe and ready to take it in. Before I put it in my mouth, Hyunsik sunbae grabbed mine and stuffed it in his mouth. I widened my eyes as he stuffed in mine before he even swallowed his. I tried to look like nothing happened but why he suddenly ate mine? Maybe he knew mindreading?

"Everybody will play in the next game. I think everyone should have played this before. When the music starts, you could move around. But when music stops, I would call out a number and the amount of people need to hug together. It is not necessary to be with their teammates, you could join the other groups as well. If you cannot join the group, you will be out. People who stayed at last would be winning." Bomi sunbae explained the 2nd game, which was something I was not good at. There were 33 people in this room. To have someone being out, the MC must call out an even number. So Seunghee and I stayed together. "11!" Bomi sunbae said. Each team hugged together as the total number of people in each group was 11. "This was just a warm up. Now we make it real~~"

The game kept going, Bomi sunbae called out 7, 9 and other numbers, so many people were being out. Finally, 4 people were left, which were Hyunsik, JiHoon, Sohyun sunbae and me. "It seems like Purple team is going to win, but does blue team also stand a chance? Let's continue!" The music started again and we walked in circle. Bomi sunbae said 3 when the music stopped. Hyunsik, Jihoon sunbae and I hugged together, so Sohyun sunbae was left out. "Finally Purple team wins!! But it is not possible for two men with one girl. We have to eliminate one man right?" And they started the other round. When the music stopped, obviously BoMi sunbae would call out 2. It was not appropriate to hug any of them, and it was only a side bet. They didn't hug each other like I thought they would, and rushed to me. I moved back when others started to cheer. Although Hyunsik approached me faster than Jihoon sunbae, when he was trying to hug me, Jihoon sunbae pulled me into his embrace. I was dumbfounded and sure I was blushing. "Congratulations to HeeYeon and Jihoon! And wish you two live happily ever after!" Bomi sunbae said and I  gave her a 'what did you just say' look. "Well I was just joking. Let's continue the game." We went back to our seat. Hyunsik looked so frustrated and unwilling. Maybe it was because of his ambition.

After few more games in the room, we were led to the playground outside. "Now, this is the last group game, and it is the best! Currently, the blue team has 600 marks, purple team 350, and orange is 200. But please forget all this marks, because everything is just a warm up game. In this game, the winning team will earn 1000 marks, the team in 2nd place with deduct 300 marks and the last one will deduct 500 marks. So every team has the same chance to face the punishment." My jaw dropped to the floor after listening to Cholong sunbae introduction. All our effort was useless… "The last game is Queen Dodgeball. One of the female members must be the queen. If the queen was hit, the whole team will lose immediately. The last member would be the knight and can be survived even was hit." Luckily I watched Running Man before and it was something similar to me. This was a game that need quick reaction and spontaneous movement, which I was lacking, seems like it was better to be hit and got out. 

"Jihoon and Gikwang are the soccer players in the school team. They must be so good in this game." SeungHee whispered to me.

"So you want to be protected" I smirked and earned a playing hit from her and concentrated to the discussion.

"Has anyone never played queen dodgeball or not good at catching ball?" Gikwang sunbae asked all the girls. I raised my hand immediately because I was not the sporty kind. Out of my surprise, I was the only one raising my hand. "So HeeYeon will be our queen!"

"What?? Me??" I widened my eyes and pointed myself to confirm what I just heard.

"Yes because you didn't have many experience. You just need to dodge the ball and that's it."

"But..."

"I believe you can do it, right?" He shot me an angelic eye smile, just like the one Hyunsik had. 'No' was not an option to me now, so I nodded. If we lose, Gikwang sunbae would have to bear all the responsibility! After the boys finished their discussion, Jihoon sunbae was picked to be the knight.

"I think all team has picked their queen and knight. Let's play a game to decide which team can enter the final directly. All the queens and knights please come out." Eunji sunbae called out. "Okay, the game could definitely increase the intimacy between our precious queen and knight. It is Pepero game!!"