Chapter 14

Pinky Promise

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

=========================================================================================================================

HEEYEON POV

I really wanted to quit all my lesson for the next day because I was too unpresentable with my puffy eyes and face. However the attendance was counted towards the final grade of this subject, I had to go back. With sunglasses and mask, I was ready to go to school. About the incident from yesterday, I tried to hide it under my mind. Even though it haunted me whenever my mind was idle. My tears just formed by themselves without informing me. As long as I didn't see him anymore, everything would be fine with time passed.

As usual the lesson came to an end after 2 hours. Gladly, the content of this subject was quite difficult so I paid all my attention to the lecturer. "HeeYeon ar, I know you are having an ambiguous relationship with Son Namshin, are you wearing those disguise to escape from his fangirls' radar?" SeungYeon teased me.

"I am sure the fangirls are so 'omniscient' that they can recognize you even you did plastic surgery." SeungHee commented and we all giggled.

"Actually I just use this disguise to cover my horrible face. If I take them off, everyone must be scared away." I said. The girls were having other lesson and I bid farewell with them. After the crowd of students had spread a bit, a man stood there, looking at me.  When the crowd disappeared, I could recognize the identity of the man. It was Im HyunSik.

Just like a car rushing to me when I was crossing the road, I was frozen and my feet stuck on the ground. He slowly approached me and grabbed my hand, starting to drag me to somewhere. From the point he touched me, my tears drifted down uncontrollably. I lowered my head, swept his hand away and just stood there. "What do you want?" I said coldly.

"HeeYeon ar I can explain everything… Actually NaEun and I-" He held my hands. But I took my hands from him immediately and raised them beside my head.

"It doesn't matter to me, so no need to explain to me." I shut my eyes close to prevent more flooding tears but it is useless, they dropped down with their free will.

"No, it is not like that. Do you still remember the promise that I made in Japan? I said I will never leave you again. And I am not leaving you. NaEun and I are not in love or something, she forced me to go out with her, otherwise she will do something bad to you. So please trust me one more time!" I stopped him again.

"Mr Im, can't you just wake up? We WERE just puppy love, it is not even something serious. Whatever promise I made I don't really remember and just some blahs from my childhood." My heart started to arch because none of these words were true. "So please don't waste our time. Go to NaEun." He didn't speak but looked into my eyes, trying to see any evidence that I was lying. I quickly turned away and sneered. "You two must laugh at me how silly I am that I believe in your promise right? Then let me make you a promise, I will never bother you two again. NEVER!" I brushed passed him and ran away. I just ran to my secret hideout and cried my heart out.

 

Until my tears seems dried, I finally raised my head. The sun had already set and the night came. The wind was stronger than I thought. The clock tower showed that it was now 7pm. I looked at the glass beside me and my current condition scared me. Gladly I had my sunglasses with me. Although wearing sunglasses at night was extremely strange, without wearing it, there must be more people looking at me.

When I got home, my mum was already home and bought me some takeaway. But I didn't have any appetite left. "HeeYeon ar, are you not feeling well?" She asked with concern. I just shook my head. "I am going on a business for 2 weeks from tomorrow. You have to take care of yourself well ok?" I nodded. Going on a business trip means I was home alone for two whole weeks. Originally I should be excited but now I had nothing left in me except sadness.

That night I only had little food and couldn't sleep. My mind keep rewinding what I saw yesterday. I tried to think of other things, jokes that the girls make, my idols, and how to plug the cables. None of it works. Finally I took out my math workbook and it worked, allowing my mind to set aside HyunSik and only focus on the problems.

 

Luckily in the coming three days, when I didn’t have a lesson, he was having a lesson, so he wouldn't be able to find me at least in three days. But it didn't mean I got any better. Nothing could let me smile, even the girls were joking. I couldn't find the value of smile anymore. My appetites were gone completely, and only drinking water that can keep me hydrated. I knew it was bad for my health but I really couldn't force any food down my esophagus. At night, it seems like my insomnia became more severe. I would not waste my time and used all those time for revision. With that living pattern, I had lived for 3 days.

"HeeYeon ar, you look a lot thinner than last week." SeungHee asked with concerns.

"Not only thinner but seems very tired." YeEun commented with worry. I weakly smiled, which was the largest smile that I could give now.

"I am fine, don't worry." My voice became softer. Then we moved on to the next lesson. Just the moment after I stood up, all I could see was black, all I could hear was the girls calling my name, and all I could feel was my head bumping to the ground…

 

DONGWOON POV

Looking at my phone, HeeYeon should be having a lesson at the lecture hall next to mine. Should I go find her for lunch? Without that bastard, she should be free. When I stepped out from the lecture hall, I saw a crowd was standing outside the lecture hall that HeeYeon should be in. I eavesdropped the students stood in front of me. "Someone fainted inside the lecture hall."

"Who's that?"

"If I heard right, it is Yoo HeeYeon, the one that Son DongWoon's fangirls are targeting of these days." What?! HeeYeon? I brushed pass the crowd and reached its core. HeeYeon was lying on the ground and was surrounded by some staff. I squatted down and checked her. "Who are you?" A staff asked me but I had no time to response to him. I carried HeeYeon in bridal style and brought her to the clinic. Luckily a doctor came out and saw us. She immediately checked and did the first aids to her. I paced outside the emergency room, mumbling prayers hoping HeeYeon was alright.

 

When the doctor came out again, I rushed to her. "Woah, calm down young man. She is just exhausted and didn't eat and rest enough. She is not awake yet and having drip. Make sure she eat and rest regularly." I thanked her and got into the room. I opened the curtain and saw she was sleeping so peacefully. She must had a hard time all alone. Being targeted by the fangirls, bothering by that boy and my sister, and academic pressure, why she would bear all this pain by herself? Only if I could notice this earlier, she would not be in this situation. My vision gradually got blur. I must take up the responsibility to look after her from now on.

A voice pulled me back from the reality. "HeeYeon!!!" A boy rushed into the room. Judging by the worry face of his, he must be that Im HyunSik. "I am sorry… I have promised to protect you but…" He was holding her hand to his face and begging her to wake up. He seems not notice my existence.

"Im HyunSik." I called and he slowly turned to look at me.

"Wh- Son DongWoon?" He looked so confused.

"Please, don't come to HeeYeon again. Do you know why she act like this? It is because of you! She is exhausted because her mind is fully occupied you. She is not able to sleep and eat. If you already have a date then don't touch her!"

"Why do you know…"

"You know my sister is not interested in sharing and she will definitely own the thing that she want. So please even if you would like to find her, deal with your mess first."

"Your sister? Son..."

"Yes you get it right. No, you should not come to her again, because I will be taking care of her." Before he could protest, I pushed him out of the room. Although HeeYeon didn't tell me anything between HyunSik and her, I had heard enough from my sister, 'reporting' how successful in each of her move. I locked the door and he kept banging the door.

After sometime, he stopped and I assumed he left already. I looked at HeeYeon again, she was now struggling to wake up. She slowly opened her eyes. "Where am I…" Her voice was almost inaudible as she was so weak. I helped her to sit up and she seems noticed the tube connected to her arm.

"Ya Yoo HeeYeon." She looked at me while I pulled a serious face. "How can you treat yourself like this? You have studied Biology for many years, you know starving and no sleep do you harm right? Even I am not a biology student I know it."

"DongWoon ar… sorry… I am too occupied because of something…" She lowered her head like she was facing the teacher and did something wrong.

"Do your mum know you have been starving?"

"She was out of town three days ago and not coming back till next weekend."

"Ah that's why you are dare to do so, to treat yourself like this. Anyway, you need to live with me from now." I demanded and she widened her eyes.

"That's no way… how can I…" I interrupted her.

"No protest! The doctor say you have to rest and sleep regularly. As your mum is not there to take care of you and you will not do that by yourself, I will be the one to take care you until you are fully recover or your mum is back, depends on which is sooner." I proudly announced and she just whined.

"Can you come to my house instead of going to your house?" She pledged me with her puppy eyes. Don't give in DongWoon-ar!

"Woah~ being aggressive huh? Are you really that desperate to have me?" I smirked. Her cheeks became crimson in colour, that was unexpected.

"Aniya! I also scare that you will harass me 24/7!" And finally she gave in and follow me to my home after she was discharged.