Chapter 17

Pinky Promise

NAEUN POV 

How come HeeYeon was still fine after all those tricks and I am become the one who suffer? That's impossible! I must remove this obstacle and took revenge on her for all my loss! Luckily she took the same baseball class in summer with me. When the teacher was not arrived, she was left alone by her friends who had gone to toilet. She turned to read the notice behind her and showed her back to me. Our poor HeeYeon, didn't anyone tell you not to show your back to your enemy? I grabbed a baseball bat. With one swing, I don't need to see you again. I turned my upper body to the back with the bat held up high, and swing fully… 

 

HYUNSIK POV 

Sending NaEun through academic probation should give her enough punishment for what she did. But I was still worry about HeeYeon's safety. I heard HeeYeon's friends said they were going to have baseball lesson in the summer vacation. So I came and checked. I saw NaEun was walking toward HeeYeon with the baseball bat and ready to strike. I quickly rushed in and hugged HeeYeon with from behind and bent her head gently. I shut my eyes tight when the impulse occurs. A sound of bang and the drastic pain were what I felt before I fell on the ground… 

 

HEEYEON POV 

Someone pushed my head. I tried to turn to see who was that. But before I could, a loud sound of bang and the sound of body crashed to the ground were heard. I turned and saw a fallen HyunSik, some blood was flowing out from his head. There was also a shaking NaEun who dropped a baseball bat with some blood smear. I hugged non-responding HyunSik in my arms and pressed my hand on his bruise on his head. "HyunSik ar don't sleep! Please don't!" He slowly opened his eyes.  

"Finally… I am in your arms…" He weakly smiled and his body relaxed. I asked the girls who just returned from the toilet to call the ambulance.  

I kept holding his hand when we were on the way to the hospital, praying to God that he would be fine. "Yah Im HyunSik... Don't you want to talk to me? Now I am here. Wake up and talk to me… Ask whatever you want and I will answer you…" He still lied on the bed peacefully. My tears started to drop down on his hands. People always say you will only cherish the thing when you lost them. It is true. I was experiencing right now. I should have tell him that I have already forgiven him. I should tell him he still owned my heart. It was me who made him suffered these pain that shouldn't belong to him. I was the one who messed everything up... 

It was already a month. Fortunately I was having the Summer vacation so I could visit him everyday. His condition was still the same as a month before. Sleeping peacefully without waking up. I talked to him and wiped his body everyday, hopefully one day he would wake up. 

"You come again?" It was IlHoon sunbae. He also come to check how his brother's condition every week. I nodded and smiled. "Nothing better?" He sat at the other side. 

"Yes. It's already a month now..." I looked at HyunSik and reminded how lovely was his eye smile. I really missed that. 

"Oh by the way! Last time I told you I have something to show." He handed me a music score. "It is a song that he made for you. Seriously, none of his song is not for you." He joked. Looking at the handwriting on the paper. The lyrics were about he would stay by my side forever and try to make me happy in any time. "Do you want to hear the demo?" He handed me the headphones and left. I plugged in and read the score together. 

'The moment when I first met you 

It still very clear 

The moment you hug the poor me 

 

I know the whole world become shiner 

I felt it was different from yesterday 

Oh because of you everything has changed 

 

When I close my eyes, I see you again 

In my head, I only think of you 

I somehow, only for today 

I want to say it to you 

 

So you can be happy, you can always laugh 

I will always be there 

Every moments of moments 

I promise to protect you 

 

When you're tired, when the tears fall out 

Just remember this one 

You are more precious than me 

I will hold your two hands, I'll be here 

 

When I close my ears, I hear you again 

In my head, I only think of you 

I somehow, only for today 

I want to say it to you 

 

So you can be happy, you can always laugh 

I will always be there 

Every moments of moments 

I promise to protect you 

 

When you're tired, when the tears fall out 

Just remember this one 

You are more precious than me 

I will hold your two hands, I'll be here 

 

Thank you that you are there for me, you are here 

I promise that I will love you forever 

Baby baby you are the one 

 

So you can be happy, you can always laugh 

I will always be there 

Every moments of moments 

I promise to protect you 

 

When you're tired, when the tears fall out 

Just remember this one 

You are more precious than me 

I will hold your two hands, I'll be here' 

I cried my heart out from the very beginning of the song. It was definitely my type and the lyrics like he was making a promise to me. I held his hand close to my face. "I order you to wake up! You have made so many good songs for me. I have to reward you but only in one condition. You have to sing it for me in person. So quickly wake up, or otherwise I may leave you!" 

I rushed to the ward after I received a call from HyunSik' s mum. "Auntie! What's happening?" I asked, hoping it was not a bad news.  

"Doctor said he woke up just now. They are checking his condition." She said. I hugged her excitedly. So lucky he could wake up. When the doctor said we can go in, I let his mum go in first. I couldn't hold my tears as I felt so blessed to have him back. After she greeted him, she let me get closer to him. I was a bit worried that it might like some drama that he had memory loss and didn't remember who I was. But he reassured me with his eye smile.  

"HeeYeonnie…" He called me weakly and smiled. I got emotional when I heard his voice because I missed that voice too much. I hugged him tightly.  

"Don’t you dare to leave me again… You promised me you will never leave me..." I sobbed.  

"I am here now, don't cry… It makes my heart ache." I pouted and he ruffled my head. "So… will you forgive me?"  

"I have already forgiven you a long long time ago." I smiled.  

"Then… would you be my official girlfriend?" This time I won’t hesitate and nodded. His eye smile came out again. 

"So nice to see you two finally  be together." HyunSik's mum said. 

On the remaining days before HyunSik could discharge, I went to the hospital everyday like what I did before he woke up. The difference was we would chat, taking selfie, playing with Snow app, or I would spoon-feed him when it is meal time because he CLAIMED he hasn't gained back his strength yet. My phone rang and it was DongWoon calling. "What's up Son Namshin?" It had been a while since we last talked since I have to take care for HyunSik for the last month. 

"HeeYeon ar, I would delivery you a good news to you. NaEun would never bother you guys again." He hummed it.  

"What do you mean?" I almost forgot this girl as I was having a good time with HyunSik already. 

"She was found to blame for all the tricks to you including all the bullying, setting you up for academic misconduct and the hit. She is expelled from the school and my mum is bringing her to the States."  

"Oh really? But she won't agree with this arrangement." 

"She has no choice~~" After that, we chatted a few more until HyunSik started to whine that I left him out. I hanged up the phone and told him the news.  

"Then we can live happily ever after~~~" He hugged me closely and stole a peck from me.  

7 years later 

"HeeYeon ar! You are the prettiest bride I have ever seen!" SeungHee screamed when she saw me and hugged me so strong that bumped my chest.  

"Wow SeungHee ar, I almost get a hole in my chest because you bumped to me so hard." We both chuckled. 

"It's okay HeeYeon, you have two large cushions there to reduce the impact~~" I lightly smacked her arm for saying dirty thing.  

"How about you, my maid of honor?"  

"The dress is gorgeous, but your wedding dress is the most beautiful out of all." 

"Of course, it is a design from our greatest designer~~"  

"Who is talking about me?~" DongWoon stepped in the bride room and walked to us. "I have to amend your dress. Follow me to the fitting room." He said and pulled me into the room. "Your size didn't change much over these years." He amused and looked at how I carry the dress.  

"I should be the one to be amused. You still remember my size after so many years and made this perfect dress without asking me for the size. You are such a ert." I giggled. "But I really love this dress. It has all the elements that I love." He laughed before his smile faded and hugged me. 

"You know what, I promised myself to design one and only one wedding dress to the girl that I love the most in my life. Although I am not the groom, I still wish you two the best. If he treats you not good, I will always wait for you." He said it quietly near my ears. I got so touched that my tears were threatened to fall. 

"Don't wait for me DongWoon ar. I am sure you can find one that suit you the most in the near future."  I hugged him tightly.  

"HeeYeon ar it's time!!" SeungHee screamed from the outside of the fitting room. He brushed a strain of my hair to the back of my ear and pulled the veil down. He pulled the curtain and let me out.  

"Please stay happy with him." He blessed me one last time. 

"You too!" SeungHee handed me the bouquet and ready to enter the hall.  

When the door finally opened, the Wedding March filled my ears. I could barely see my groom stood in front of the altar who was too handsome in that Tuxedo. We marched in the church, getting closer to the altar, my heart was bumping extremely fast. My mum handed my hand to HyunSik's. She couldn't stop crying. The eye smile on HyunSik's face never faded. I seems to be the happiest woman who would be able to see that eye smile everyday from now. Finally our promise in childhood was fulfilled. I hope the vow that we made today could keep forever.