✓ Helpless

Young Love - Part 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11:14

Momo scrolls through her phone after her morning ‘mishap’ with Jeongyeon because of Seungyeon. She hears the water stop running, she peeks at the bathroom door. Momo has been feeling weird since ‘her heartbeat was so calming, I remember her pulling me close to her chest and my back, it- it felt so- s- safe in her arms … it felt like being in- Papa’s arms’, Momo stares off into the carpet floor of their bedroom.

Jeongyeon walks out of the bathroom to see Momo staring into space. “Why are you so weird?”, Momo’s head jerked towards Jeongyeon’s voice, “look … what happened last night was a fluke, I had to do something to get you to stop screaming and- and you are so annoying and I just want to-”.

Momo gets up from the bed and looks at Jeongyeon, “it’s all right. Thanks though”, Momo said with a small smile. She walks off out the room, before grabbing her duffle bag off the floor.

Jeongyeon notices something off in Momo’s eyes and smile … ‘sadness?’.

Jeongyeon follows Momo out of the room. Momo’s about to walk out the front door before Seungyeon pops up from the kitchen, “You going somewhere, Momo?”, Seungyeon asks drying her hands.

“Huh?” Momo says snapping her mind back to reality. Jeongyeon notices Momo’s shoulder bumping into the front door and not from the surprise of Seungyeon’s sudden presence. Momo registered what Seungyeon asked and answers, “unnie, I’m leaving for the dance academy”, Momo has one foot out the door.

“OH! How about I drive you there? I’m leaving anyway. Jeongyeon take care of the house all right?”, Seungyeon pats Jeongyeon’s shoulder as she passed her younger sister.

Jeongyeon huffs in annoyance at Seungyeon. She’s left by herself in the big mansion, her mind wanders toward Momo and how she acted this morning. ‘Momo’s acting stranger than usual … what’s with her eyes … she’s not focused, she may be aloof sometimes but this time it’s different … she looks so sa- WHY DO I EVEN CARE?!’ Jeongyeon reaches her bedroom and lays on the couch, she can’t seem to get Momo out of her mind. She reaches her PS4 controller and turns on some punk rock music to distract her mind.

Jeongyeon doesn’t notice how long time has passed, she only notices the time when Momo opens their bedroom door, looking exhausted and sweaty.

Jeongyeon stand at attention towards the door, not noticing who barged in her bedroom, until she realizes it’s just Momo, “oh hey annyong”, Momo said nonchalantly and walks off to the bathroom.

Jeongyeon raises an eyebrow at Momo’s weird greeting, confusion is back on Jeongyeon’s mind with Momo’s behavior. Jeongyeon hears the water running and shakes her thoughts away, she sits back to play her game. But her mind persisting on figuring out about Momo, she huffs in annoyance and abandons the game, the screen lighting up the word defeat in all red. “Stupid game anyway”, Jeongyeon walks around the couch and on the corner of her eye she sees a black pig plushie staring back at her with its big yellow eyes. It annoyed Jeongyeon, she walks to it and holds it by its neck. Finally seeing up close makes her more annoyed than it should, “why are you so ing happy?”, Jeongyeon said to the black plush pig who just smiles back.

Momo comes out the bathroom and walking towards her duffel bag. She picks up her phone and checks her messages, she looks up and sees Jeongyeon in the mirror holding Juju in her grasp. “HEY THAT’S MINE! DON’T TOUCH HER!”, Momo yells at a surprise Jeongyeon. Momo walks to Jeongyeon who just stands there. As Momo reaches for Juju, Jeongyeon lifts the plush up above her head, making it difficult for Momo to reach.

“Juju?”, Jeongyeon laughs at the jumping Momo, “it has a name? How old are you?!”.

“GIVE HER BACK! SHE’S MINE! YOU’RE HURTING HER”, Momo jumps as high as she can and grabs Juju.

Jeongyeon’s laughter causes her stomach to hurt and water started seeping out her eyes, what she doesn’t notice is Momo’s eyes has water too cascading down her cheeks as her voice whines for Jeongyeon to give Juju back to her. Momo finally has Juju back and Jeongyeon wipes her tears. “Momo you-”, Jeongyeon finally looks up to Momo’s face, her heartaches, “whoa, Momo I’m- I’m just joking around … w- w- why you crying?! I didn’t mean it”, Jeongyeon said holding her hands in front of her to defend herself.

Momo cried even harder. Momo’s legs unable to keep her standing upright collapses on herself onto the bed. Jeongyeon stares in shock at Momo’s sobbing, she doesn’t really know how to handle anyone crying especially a girl. Jeongyeon looks like a fish out of water. “I HATE seeming weak, especially in front of YOU”, Momo said between sobs.

Jeongyeon is so confused as to what is happening, adding on feeling guilty in making Momo cry. She stands there in front of Momo, “w- what happened at the academy?”.

“No … it’s not that …”, Momo tries to calm down and breathe “it’s- it’s just … the anniversary of Papa”, Momo inhales and exhales.

Jeongyeon sits beside Momo, she knows what it feels like to lose someone very special. Jeongyeon does something she never thought she would do again, she lifts her arm and starts patting Momo’s back. “It’s okay … it’s all right to cry”, Jeongyeon said as she tries to comfort the distraught Momo. During all that exchange she never made eye contact with Momo, Jeongyeon’s also is too scared to seem weak.

Momo’s bawling turns into sobs eventually turn into sniffles, Jeongyeon has been caressing her back for most of the time, not knowing what to say or what to do. Jeongyeon notices Momo has calmed down a bit and she must be starving after her dance class, “hey, why don’t you wash your face while I bring us something to eat?”, Momo just nods at Jeongyeon suggestion.

Jeongyeon brought back snacks for her and Momo, she sees Momo looking a little fresher than before. She’s on the couch, still looking a little lost. Jeongyeon sets the food on their room’s living room table, Momo turns on the tv. “AHHH!!”, Momo screams and flings the remote to the opposite side of the couch.

Jeongyeon is startled but thankfully she put down the food first, “WHAT WHAT?!”, she looks up towards Momo who’s cowering on the couch.

“WHY IS THAT ON?!”, Momo points towards the screen, Jeongyeon confused turns slowly around. What she sees doesn’t surprise her … she completely forgot she had that on pause.

“Princess”, Jeongyeon stands from her kneeling position and processed with her lecture “… there will be a time in a woman's life where you-”, Jeongyeon smirks as Momo’s face looks more and more like a tomato.

“YOU WATCH THIS?!”, Momo tries to change the channel but her hands were shaking so she keeps pressing buttons she doesn’t even know what the do.

“Yo chill … who doesn’t watch nowadays?”, Jeongyeon shrugs at Momo’s outburst.

Then there was an awkward silence in the room and Momo avoiding eye contact.

“Wait … YOU’VE NEVER WATCHED ?!”, Jeongyeon ask in disbelief, someone somehow must have stumbled upon before.

“No … should-”, Jeongyeon starts laughing, not even listening to Momo anymore, “be shared with the person you love! Not the whole ing world!”, Momo said crossing her arms on the couch.

Jeongyeon clutches her stomach, “Oh ! Oh~ it hurts … wait wait! Princess don’t even tell me-”, Jeongyeon gets off from the floor on to the couch next to an unamused Momo, “you’ve NEVER ed?”.

Momo starts assaulting Jeongyeon with pillows on the couch, not forgetting her face feels hot. With each hit she keeps repeating, “No!” and “stop laughing ert!”.

Jeongyeon shields her face but can’t stop laughing, “in this day and age?! Really?! Wait-”, Jeongyeon stares into Momo’s big brown innocent eyes, “are you a ?”.

Momo nods as if it isn’t something to be ashamed of or something people expect to not be. Momo tilts her head to the side, confused why Jeongyeon is so shocked by this revelation. “Are you not?”

Jeongyeon shakes herself and grabs a pepsi off the table and chugs it, “the V card’s long gone princess … last year I think … got drunk and guess it slipped out of my pocket”, Jeongyeon shrugs. Momo frowns on how Jeongyeon sees herself worth so lowly, but Momo knows some people just have different views on the matter.

“Wait! You were underage! And you got drunk?!”, Momo’s voice panics thinking that Jeongyeon is sweeping a serious matter under the rug.

Jeongyeon knows what Momo is thinking and tries to correct her, “chill Princess … it was consensual, don’t worry. It was my ex-boyfriend. Got any past Princes on your belt’s notch, Princess?”.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter