✓ Rain

Young Love - Part 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22:30

The door cracks open, letting light from the hallway shine through into Jeongmo’s room. Jeongyeon is still light sleeping, notices something amiss, she looks to her left and sees Momo still asleep. She confused then sees a black silhouette coming to her, she squints.

“Oh, you’re awake. Come on, Dad and Aya just arrived. Wake Momo up”, Seungyeon left the room leaving the door open.

Jeongyeon lays her head back down, she rubs the sleep out her eyes, “why do I have to wake Momo up?”, she said in frustration. She nudges her feet on Momo feet, “oi … irona (get up)”, Momo just swifts away from Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon clicks her tongue, she gets up from bed and stretches. She walks around to Momo’s side of the bed, “Momo … oi wake up”, no luck, Jeongyeon turn to look at Momo’s bedside lamp. Jeongyeon yells, “MOMO MOMO MOMO MOMO”, with each interval she turns the light on and off.

Momo finally shows signs of life, she groggily said, “whaat?! Why do need to be so annoying early in the morning?”

“Not morning yet princess … Dad and your mom are here”.

The sound of your mom woke Momo up immediately, she bolts out of bed, and run to the living room. Jeongyeon follows slowly behind, less excited as Momo is. Jeongyeon puts her hand in her pant pocket and yawns, she makes eye contact with Seungyeon and covers immediately. She sees Momo hugging her mom.

Jeongyeon throws herself on one of the leather recliners, “hi Dad”.

Momo bows to Chanyoung and sat next to her mum. Aya turns and holds her daughter’s hand, “how was school, sweetie?”, Aya asks Momo with a voice full of love.

“Schools is good Mom … I’m studying well”, Momo replies with a smile on her face.

“Jeongyeon looking out for you, Momo?”, Chanyoung asks for concerns, Jeongyeon can be a little troublemaker at school. But he doesn’t know the extent of trouble Jeongyeon causes to her fellow classmates and school.

Jeongyeon meets Momo’s eyes, curious as to what Princess Blondie would say.

“N- nae nae of course”, Momo curses herself for her little stuttering, but no one picked up on it.

Jeongyeon mouth curves slightly upwards hearing Momo’s little slip-up. Jeongyeon’s head whips around to her hand on the armchair, to see Aya has a hold of it, “thank you”, Aya said to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon could almost see water in her eyes, it made her feel the same pang as before.

“SO! Children”, Chanyoung yells to the room distracting Jeongyeon from further investigating on the pang, “I would like to announce that Aya and I are legally husband and wife”, Chanyoung stares lovingly at Aya sitting next to her daughter.

“Congratulations!”, Momo and Seungyeon said. Momo gives her mom a tight hug, she can’t be happier to see her mother smiles again. Jeongyeon gives no response, she’s too focused on watching Momo pouncing on her mother out of happiness. Momo caught her staring and Jeongyeon looks away immediately.

“Yeah … congrats both of you”, Jeongyeon less enthusiastically said and walks out the room back to hers.

Chanyoung just sighs at Jeongyeon’s behavior. He decides to let Jeongyeon be for a while, maybe she’ll warm up to the idea of having another family. He didn’t want to dampen the mood of the room and celebrated with his new family.

“So Mum! What did you bring back from Japan?”, Momo’s eye gleam in anticipation.

 

Jeongyeon sat on the bed scrolling through her messages, she finds the video Nayeon sent titled ‘can’t believe you’re missing this, beetch’, it’s a video of Momo being pummeled with eggs and flours. The camera was about to zoom closer to her face, Jeongyeon can’t understand if she doesn’t want to see Momo’s face or the fact she’s missing all the ‘fun’ Either way she turns off her phone and sighs.

Momo comes in the room holding two cups on a tray, she sees Jeongyeon playing on the couch. She puts one of the cups down on the coffee table. Jeongyeon eyes the cup, the content is spewing steam on top.

Jeongyeon takes off her headphones, “what is this?”

“Green tea, my hometown in Kyoto is famous for it. They brought some back with them, I made some for you to taste”, Momo said sitting next to Jeongyeon on the couch, blowing on her own tea to drink.

“Right … you ‘made’ some for me. What if it’s poisoned? For revenge”, Jeongyeon eyes the cup while spewing accusations at Momo.

Momo rolls her eyes, she picks Jeongyeon’s cup up and took a sip, “you really think I’m like you?”, Momo walks away from Jeongyeon to her desk.

“ you”, Jeongyeon said under her breath.

“I heard that big mouth”, Momo replies from across the room and starts reading before going back to bed.

 

Jeongyeon continues on playing her game, the waff of green tea is enticing. It smells so fresh, reminding Jeongyeon of her youth when she would be running around at the park’s freshly cut grass. It keeps grabbing Jeongyeon’s attention, albeit briefly but a frequent occurrence, from the fantasy battle she’s currently doing.

“You know … I won’t laugh or brag to you if you do take a sip”, Momo said thinking that that would be why Jeongyeon’s head just keeps turning and peaking at it instead of tasting it.

Jeongyeon glares at Momo, but her face reddens at the fact she got caught. Jeongyeon sees Momo smirking as she reads, Momo’s brown alluring eyes peaks slowly at Jeongyeon and her hand brushes her hair out her face and tucks it behind her ear. It made Jeongyeon’s stomach do flips. “Fine!”, Jeongyeon takes a sip, Momo sits up straight and waits for Jeongyeon’s reaction. “It’s … nice”.

“Told you so~”, Momo got up and tucks herself into bed to read, ready for it to lull her to sleep.

Unbeknownst to the two of them, pink lip gloss can be seen glistening on Jeongyeon’s lips and the cup as she continues to play her game. Jeongyeon hates pink.

 

00:16

 

Momo lays down on the bed watching her soon-to-be dance studio practice video, replaying some part to memorize. Suddenly she starts lip syncing to the song.

(Trouble Maker - Now)

“Come to me now, talk to me //

We don’t have a tomorrow //

Don’t hesitate //

Before it’s too late now //

Don’t push me //

Further and further away //

Us two, right here, right now //

Before it disappears”

 

Momo ends the video and puts her phone away to sleep, ‘friday … the day of judgment, I hope I do well’. Momo feels she’s cutting herself short, she’s been dancing since she was 3 years-old, growing up she’s heard she’s got a gift in dancing, but some days she think that’s all she’s good at. “NO MOMO. YOU CAN DO IT!”, she pumps herself up before closing her eyes with a smile.

Jeongyeon hears Momo’s being a nuisance in the background, “she’s crazy”, she said as she walks to her side of the bed to sleep.

Momo rolls her hearing Jeongyeon’s comment, but ignores another fight and just get comfortable to be greeted in dreamland.

 

 

Morning - 07:29

“20₩”

“40₩”

“50₩!!”

“What the are you guys doing?”, Jeongyeon said to her group of friends sitting around her and Chaeyoung’s table.

“JB suggested making a bet on who will have the worst score from yesterday’s test”, Sehun said bouncing in his seat as he explains to an intrigued Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon hums, her eyes not quite readable in either this is a stupid idea or …, “70₩! JB’s the last”.

“WOOOH! Let’s go!”, JB replies and high-fives Sehun.

Mrs. Fei walks into the room a few minutes later, she’s about ready to announce the test result. She picks up the first paper on the pile and sighs in defeat, “I shouldn’t be surprised by now-”, Sehun and JB hold hand in anticipation as Mrs. Fei speaks, “the student who should TRY to be better is … Yoo Jeongyeon”.

“WHAT?! NO WAY!!”, Jeongyeon stands in defiant and JB cheers for winning the bet.

Momo frowns in disappointment at how careless Jeongyeon is with her grades, but keeps it to herself for now.

“Nayeon is fourth?!”, Sehun says in disbelief as he turns to look back at Nayeon, who in turn rolls her eyes at his reaction.

Jeongyeon perks up from laying her head on the table by her thoughts, ‘wait … I didn’t hear Mo-’.

“Momo with 95% is our highest score, congratulations-”, Momo blush by the announcement, “please, students who are below average-”, Mrs. Fei stares at the back corner of Jeongyeon and her friends, “ask for tutoring from our top students. This is your last year before you all go off in your own path, study hard students”.

“Oh gosh! Usually, Kyungsoo is first”, Chaeyoung whispers to Jeongyeon, whom is staring at the back of Momo’s head.

Kyungsoo clenches his fist below his desk at his deskmate.

 

13:00

“WOOO! What to do with 140₩?~”, JB brags in front of Jeongyeon and Sehun’s face, who sulks back at him for losing. Since today there is a teacher’s meeting, the students only have half a day of school, everyone took off home at lightning speed. “Shall I waste this at the arcade?”. Chaeyoung give JB her best puppy eyes, hoping her oppa would take her, “or … should I get some bating sessions?”, Sehun jumps up and down at the thought, “OR! Should I get some wagyu?!”, JB smirks at Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon looking lost, stand still. She roams her hands over her pockets. JB irritated with not getting a reaction from Jeongyeon, “ it … Sehun come on, keep me entertained”, Sehun salutes and walks off with JB to somewhere.

“Well you too … hey, you okay hyung?”, Chaeyoung asks Jeongyeon, who drops her bag and turns each and every pocket she has on her.

“! I forgot my phone in my desk”, Jeongyeon turns around back to class with her bag in hand.

“Well … just you and me, squirt”, Nayeon said to Chaeyoung. She embraces the youngest around the neck and walks off hoping to find the boys.

Jeongyeon is running to class and almost slips on her last corner before halting not far from her class door from the screaming.

 

“YOU THINK YOU CAN WALK IN HERE AND RUIN MY REPUTATION?-” Jeongyeon can’t make out who is screaming, she follows the voice, “I AM ALWAYS NUMBER ONE!”, Jeongyeon’s eyes widen at that statement, she figured out Kyungsoo is in the class.

“Wait … but is he talking-”

“Calm down Kyungsoo”, a voice replies.

“MOMO?!”, Jeongyeon peeks inside the classroom.

Momo and Kyungsoo stand near the teacher’s desk,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter