Yang Dae-Ho (Maknae/Sub-Rapper)

Thieves [re-opened]

Name: Yang Dae-Ho

Nickname: Dae-Dae, Daegi (Dae+ baby in korean)

Birthplace: Busan, South Korea

Hometown: Seoul South Korea

Ethnicity: Korean

 

Birthday: March 8

Age: 18

Height: 166cm

Weight: 47kg

 

Languages: Korean, some KSL (Korean Sign Language), basic Japanese

ual Orientation: Gay

 

Personality: He looks and acts cute like a maknae should, but he’s painfully shy with new people so he’s not really outgoing or bubbly outside of the dorm. Everyone wants to run over and cuddle him because of his cute images but he never knows how to respond to this attention. He lets people hug and touch him but doesn’t really show much physical affection back. Usually he turns red in the face when older idols talk to him and he sometimes stutters when speaking.

Even though he stopped speaking for six months, Dae-Ho’s actually really intelligent. He’s like a walking encyclopedia, always spitting out random facts about things completely unrelated to the conversation. It’s his way of trying to fit in. Because he has a hard time getting close to people he only knows two extremes- being too quiet or too talkative. Once he gets closer to you he’s a lot more comfortable and will start to let you interact with him and touch him. With people he trusts, he’s actually quite cuddly. The dorm (and his room in particular) is a “safe” place for him so he’s more at ease there. It’s easier for him to express affection with actions rather than with words. If someone loses their temper and screams really harshly or throws things, he’ll hide and then they’ll have to start all over again if they want to be close with him again. He’s sort of a skittish like that. When he performs however, the music seems to empower him and he becomes confident and more outgoing when on stage.

 

~~~~~

 Likes:

Long showers

Hoodie

Strawberry candy (he’ll do anything if you give him one)

KaiBaiBo (even though he always throws paper)

The zoo (his favorite place to visit)

Staying up late

Napping during the day.

Dislikes:

Loud noises (especially arguing and thunder)

Being cold

Teasing

Bees (he’s allergic)

Static or messy hair (he’ll keep his hand and trying to flatten it out), waking up early.

Hobbies:

Selca

Sketching anime or chibi style characters

Reading anime

Searching for new songs to try and sing

Habits:

When he wants something he’s usually too shy to ask so he’ll just stare at whatever it is until someone gives it to him or asks him if he wants it.

He sleeps curled up in a ball on the edge of the bed.

He always drags around a blanket so he isn’t cold and can curl up and take a nap whenever he gets a chance. And if he gets a chance, he will nap.

He refuses to ride in the front seat of a car. He will always go to the backseat.

 Trivia:

His favorite color is orange.

He doesn’t know how to swim.

Almost always he wears two different colored socks.

He absolutely cannot handle spicy food- his face gets red, his eyes get teary, etc.

 

~~~~~

 

Personal Background: DaeHo grew up in a middle class, close-knit and happy family of four. His early childhood has a lot of good memories and as a little kid he was always talkative, curious, and energetic. When DaeHo was six however, the accident changed his life forever. He doesn’t remember anything about the accident at all – he just remembers being in the hospital for a few days and being told his mother passed away. The doctors say it’s because he’s blocked the event from his memory so he only knows what JooYeol has told him. For six months after the accident DaeHo refused to speak. JooYeol, who was recovering from his injuries in the hospital, taught him Korean sign language. When he goes into periods of silence, JooYeol is the only one who can communicate with him using KSL. Sometimes, if he’s sick or overtired he’ll have a nightmare about the crash but there’s never much detail to it. He’ll wake up extremely frightened and immediately look for his brother to make sure that he is still there.

 

Family:

Yang JooHyun, Father, Works as a CEO of a large marketing company and hardly interacts with his children. They remind him too much of his deceased wife.

Yang HyoBeen, Mother, High School Teacher, Deceased

 

Friends:

Yoseob of B2ST

Mir of MBLAQ

 

~~~~~

 

Trainee Years: 3

Trainee Background: He was known as a good kid and all the staff liked his quiet and respectful personality. Most of the other trainees thought he was cute even though he was slow to warm up to them. He never told his big brother, but he turned down the opportunity to join a group after two years of training. At that time JooYeol had been struggling and he knew his big brother had sacrificed so much for him already; he wanted to sacrifice for his brother for once. He remained a trainee for another year until they both were picked for a new group.

 

How were you found?:

One day DaeHo found out that there was an audition happening nearby and he skipped school without telling his brother. He was tired of being picked on at school for not having a mother and dancing/singing was much more interesting to him than homework. He was shocked when JooYeol figured out where he went and then he pleaded for him to let him audition. Surprisingly, he even talked JooYeol into auditioning with him. After that, he found out that not only was he chosen, his brother was accepted as well.

 

~~~~~

 

Stage Name: Dae

Position: Maknae/Sub-Rapper

Fan Club Name: DaeLight

Fan Club Color: Orange

Persona: Innocent Maknae