Yang JooYeol (Lead Dancer/Main Rapper)

Thieves [re-opened]

AFF Name: AliciaRose

AFF Profile: http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/60436

 

Name: Yang JooYeol

Nickname: Chance (English/Stage Name)

Birthplace: Busan, South Korea

Hometown: Soeul South Korea

 

Ethnicity: Korean

Birthday: March 8th

 

Age: 23

Height: 180cm

Weight: 60kg

 

Languages: Korean, Japanese, Basic English, some KSL (Korean Sign Language)

ual Orientation: Biual

 

Personality: He’s really mature, that’s the one way his age shows. He’s the kind of guy who can easily switch from friendly and relaxed in the dorm and in interviews to y and powerful on stage. He’s kind of like that in real life too- being fun and energetic but also knowing when it is time to work instead of play. If an older person bosses him he’ll listen without a fight but if a younger member bosses him then he can get pretty angry. Nobody messes with him when he’s angry. He’ll refrain from raising his voice, especially with DaeHo, but he will make it very clear he is disappointed in you. If someone offends him or hurts his feelings he has a hard time telling them and he’ll be quietly upset for a while but eventually sits down to explain to that person. At the same time he hates when people aren’t honest with him about that sort of thing. He’s happiest when the people around him are in a good mood so he tends to put others needs before his own. He’ll gladly clean up and cook as long as people appreciate it. And he’s pretty good at these things considering he’s taken care of his brother since they were kids.

He has a lot of experience with dance/rap and a high work ethic which often makes it seem as if he is slightly arrogant. He tries to be humble, but always is looking to teach others what he knows even if they object to the extra help. A lot of this behavior comes from compensating for feeling inadequate as he is one of the oldest trainees that hasn’t debuted yet. Even when he’s hurting, he puts on a brave face; he never wants to let others know of his struggles. He also doesn’t like to feel like a complainer so he will push himself all the time. He refuses to show weakness to his little brother, feeling like he needs to be strong for DaeHo. Sometimes this backfires and he wears himself out to the point of exhaustion.

 

 

~~~~~

 Likes

Ice cream

Making up raps on the fly (about whatever they’re doing at the moment)

Thieves Fans

When his hard work is acknowledged

Pineapple

Shopping

Hanging around the dorm just being with the members

Being on Time

 

Dislikes:

Pity

Being Sick

Banana Milk

Seeing his brother hurt in any way

Places that are too hot

Whining/complaining

Being late

March 13 (the day of the accident)

 

Hobbies:

Choreography

Photography

Cooking

Playing Guitar 

Habits:

Tilts his head to use his good ear when people are talking to him. This actually ends up making him look really cute. (He doesn’t like when people point it out because the memory is still painful so to anyone besides the members he calls it a nervous habit instead of telling the truth.)

Sleeps face down.

Starts signing and speaking when he’s really excited or really nervous.

He prefers to be on the right side of the stage so he can hear the music better. What makes him such a good rapper/dancer is his ability to feel the music.

 

Trivia:

He can sense when someone is under the weather before everyone else – especially if it’s his little brother.

Even though he is 23 he sleeps with a stuffed dog he’s had since childhood.

He has a bit of a thing with dental hygiene. He thinks it’s gross if you don’t brush your teeth and he takes a toothbrush with him in his bag so he can brush three times a day. He always bugs DaeHo about it too.

 

~~~~~

 

Personal Background: JooYeol’s family was a normal, middle-class family and he grew up adoring his little brother. Even though DaeHo was annoying at times he loved being a big brother. When he was thirteen, on the way home from a talent show, a drunk driver crossed lanes and struck his family’s car. JooYeol quickly threw his body over his little brother to protect him and eight year old DaeHo was unharmed. Unfortunately, their mother was killed on impact and the crash damaged JooYeol’s left eardrum and left him deaf on that side. He has never told DaeHo that protected him during the crash because he doesn’t want DaeHo to feel guilty for the injury or that he owes his big brother anything.

JooYeol and DaeHo’s father struggled after losing his wife and became a workaholic because he couldn’t cope with seeing his wife’s features on his children’s faces. Because he rarely came home, JooYeol pretty much raised DaeHo from there on. He started to learn Korean Sign language in the hospital even though he didn’t need to because he hears perfectly with his good ear. He started teaching DaeHo to try and help him get over the trauma of the accident. Even though he was just thirteen he became the head of the household, doing all the cooking, shopping, and making sure he and his brother got to school. A first, he didn’t want the responsibility and he was always angry about what happened but then he realized that he needed to grow up and take care of his brother. Eventually he worked up the courage to get back into music, but this time for dance and rap while his little brother began to be interested in singing.

 

Family:

Yang JooHyun, Father, Works as a CEO of a large marketing company and hardly interacts with his children. They remind him too much of his deceased wife.

Yang HyoBeen, Mother, High School Teacher, Deceased

Yang DaeHo: Brother (See DaeHo’s app)

 Friends:

Thunder MBLAQ

Kikwang B2ST

Donghae SuJu (sort of a role model)

 

~~~~~

 

Trainee Years: 3

 

Trainee Background: He gave up his dreams of being an idol after the accident because he was afraid people would judge him for his hearing disorder and he wanted to make sure DaeHo was raided properly. Once Zee saw him perform however, they recognized that he was talented and didn’t seem to be held back in any way so they took him on right away and from then on he had a fairly normal trainee period. He quickly became friends with a lot of dancers who admired his ability to pick up on tricky beats and he was always taking criticism and direction well which pleased the managers. Some of the managers doubted his skills because of his hearing problems and he was often passed over when it came time to pick groups. Eventually, because he stuck it out and was consistently improving they decided to give him a shot and asked him to join Theives.

 

How were you found?:

He always wanted to audition for an entertainment company but decided his first priority was raising his brother. One day he got a call from the school saying that DaeHo had skipped school. Upset, he drove everywhere looking for him until he saw the posters advertising for auditions for Zee Entertainment. He went and found his brother there. DaeHo begged and pleaded and used his best aegyo and JooYeol gave in. While DaeHo was in the audition room, he started feeling really jealous and upset that he had “missed his chance” but the door opened and DaeHo peeked out motioning for him to come in. The judges explained that DaeHo told him he had a talented older brother who gave up his dreams so he could have his and they wanted to see him audition. He was so shocked but he did and they loved him, agreeing to take both brothers on as trainees.

 

~~~~~

 

Stage Name: Chance

Position: Lead Dancer/Main Rapper

Fan Club Name: Risk

Fan Club Color: Black/Green

Persona: The Wild Card (You never know if you’ll get y Chance or cute Chance!)