⚘ XIX

Narcissus (Telepathetic II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums    Pledis Girlz’ Choreographer Is So Pretty, She Could Be Another Member October 17, 2016 @ 11:08 am by h.eo.moon5 scrap, share & like 2299 shares

An article shared by H&M yesterday went viral among both international and Korean fans for featuring a pictorial of SEVENTEEN’s Joshua and Pledis Girlz’ Kyla, among others.

SEE ALSO: Is this the 11th member of Pledis Girlz? Everything we know about Alice Kwon

The article was written by Jenny Park, a blogger from Los Angeles, California. Park states in the article that the models she used in her photoshoot were comprised mainly of non-celebrities. Her brother, one of Joshua’s closest childhood friends, is seen wearing a matching grey crew neck sweater with his girlfriend, one of Park’s best friends. The other non-celebrity is credited simply as Kwon Alice in the article.

Kwon Alice’s visuals caught so many people's eyes that Jenny Park’s social media was flooded with questions about her. In the end, here is what we learned:

Kwon Alice is a choreographer who has worked with Pledis Girlz in the recent past. Jenny Park also revealed Kwon Alice’s Twitter and Instagram handles on this Tumblr post.

Both Korean and international netizens are saying Alice could very well be the 11th member of Pledis Entertainment’s upcoming girl group.

[+117, -30] Honestly she’s prettier than some of the other members.

[+203, -16] I have found my bias already ㅋㅋㅋ.

[+198, -6] Pledis should sign her while they have her working for them already.

Some commenters had some more negative things to say about the photoshoot:

[+153, -87] Is it just me or is she really close to Joshua? Feels weird to look at and she looks really clingy.

[+10, -201] Seeing her standing next to Kyla really isn’t flattering to either of them.

[+49, -11] I don’t like her. She looks like she’s trying too hard to look attractive. It’s not something you can acquire later in life. You’re either born with it or you aren't.

tags Seventeen Joshua Hong Pledis Girlz Kyla Massie comments There are 206 comments Sort by: Newest First   jeong1004han · Posted October 17, 2016 @ 12:33 pm oh my god she's so pretty! i hope she debuts! >.< Reply · Report · Share   sebeuntin · Posted October 17, 2016 @ 11:58 am kinda agree with whoever said she's clingy. cRINGE Reply · Report · Share   pledisfan17 · Posted October 17, 2016 @ 11:54 am Look at my baby Kyla! She's so gorgeous! I can't wait for her debut soon! <3 Reply · Report · Share   swag_unit_17 · Posted October 17, 2016 @ 11:48 am Omo! No! Uri Jisoo-oppa can't be with someone else! Andwae T.T Reply · Report · Share   more

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I flinched as words were being yelled at me. 

“You were meant to be on a break, not going around doing photoshoots for brands we don’t have deals with!” Han Seongsu had been silently pacing back and forth on the other side of his desk from the moment I walked in and read the page he slapped onto the surface in front of me. These were the first words he spoke to me. “Instead of taking advantage of the period of relaxation we gave you, you decided to work some more, huh?” 

“It wasn’t really working. It was just a favour for a friend. I didn’t get paid for it,” I argued weakly. 

That seemed to make matters worse. “Oh, so you worked for free?! You gave this brand free publicity?” 

I grimaced. “I didn’t think it would blow up this much.” 

The CEO paced around some more. “And that girl. The dancer. Rumours are flying like bullets. What is your relationship with Kwon Alice?” 

My heart dropped to my feet. “My girlfriend, sir.” 

He laughed, but something told me he wasn't necessarily happy. “Your girlfriend. Of course. Joshua, do you even care about your job? Do you even care about the other members?” 

“I-" I took a deep breath. “I do, sir.” 

“Well you sure have a funny way of showing it, Hong Jisoo!” he screamed, slamming both palms onto the desk. The force of it rolled a few stray pens onto the floor. He didn't care. “You will end the relationship.” 

“But, sir! I don’t have a dating ban!” 

He leaned in real close to my face. “I’m not telling you to break up with her because of any contract. I’m telling you to break up with her as punishment for giving a brand free advertising. Clear?” 

“Crystal,” I said with a sigh. 

I knew Alice was paying attention to all of that from the comfort of her own home. 

‘This is exactly what I was afraid of, Joshua.’ 

I winced. I know it sounds terrible but we can work around it.

‘No! I’m not going through another secret relationship. Either it’s public or it’s over.’ 

When you say public, do you mean..? 

‘God, no. I just mean it’s either approved by your company or we’re just not together.’ 

“Well?” asked Mr Han. “Is there anything else you want to say for yourself?” 

I hung my head low and shook it. 

“Then you’re dismissed.” 

“I don’t have anything to say for myself, but I do have something to say. Alice doesn’t deserve this.” 

‘Oh no, don’t bring me into this, please no.’ 

I gotta say it. 

“She must have known that getting into a relationship with you wouldn’t be free of drama. From what little I know of her, she is tough and she can handle it.” 

‘He’s right. I can handle a measly break up.’ 

Gee, thanks for valuing our relationship so little. 

“Fine, I’ll break up with her. You’re right, she can handle it,” I said. 

The older man pointed a finger at me. “You better not even try to date behind my back, either. I’ll be keeping a close eye on you.” 

I closed my eyes to hide the inevitable eye roll that phrase elicited from me. “Yes, sir,” I said. 

 

***

 

Ariel was playing on my computer in my room while Joshua was having this chat with the CEO of Pledis. Her game had some soothing, loopy background music that was making it hard to think, which I was actually grateful for. 

I invited Sungkyung and Jiae over and told them both to bring the strongest drinks they had in their cabinets. Immediately, this resulted in a group phone call. 

“Is everything okay?” Jiae asked. 

I glanced at my desk. Ariel loved Joshua like he was her own biological brother. I had to hide this from her for as long as I could. “Yeah. Well, not really, but we’ll talk on the roof when you guys get here.” 

“I’ll be there immediately,” Sungkyung said. 

“I am on the opposite side of town, but I am flagging down a taxi as we speak.” 

“Thank you, girls,” I said. 

I went into the kitchen and pulled out one of my dad’s coolers. Inside it, I packed three little bottles of soju, a whole tub of ice cream, and a couple bars of chocolate. 

“Everything okay?” Mom asked, walking out of the living room. 

“Yeah,” I said with a small shrug. “Joshua’s company is making us break up, that’s all.” 

Mom gasped. “Oh, honey!” she cooed, wrapping me in a big hug. “I am so sorry.” 

I shrugged again. “I don’t want to talk about it, Mom.” 

Sungkyung came over first, out of breath and pretty sweaty. “Hey love,” she greeted. Mom put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a kiss on the cheek before giving Sungkyung a pointed look and leaving us alone. This only confused the poor girl further.

“Let’s go upstairs,” I said. 

I stayed silent until the rooftop door closed behind us. That’s when I started to cry. I let the cooler fall to my feet and buried my face into a very concerned Sungkyung’s shoulder.

“Pledis is forcing Joshua to break up with me,” I said, barely a whisper. 

“Oh, Alice!” Sungkyung said, rather similarly to my mother earlier, and pulled me into her arms. “That is beyond words, I can’t imagine what that must feel like for you…” 

She patted my head and led me to a bench so we weren’t just standing at the door. 

“I hate myself for even letting myself get into this mess,” I blubbered out, unsure how much of it was even coherent. 

“I’m sorry, are you saying you hate yourself for letting yourself feel human emotion? Just because you’re not where you hoped to be does not negate any of the emotions you have felt and do feel.” 

Jiae joined us just then, bursting through the door. “I tipped the driver extra to run red lights and go over the speed limit to get me here as quick as possible,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter