Woolim Academy

Dangerous Boy

You had no school today, so you decided to pay a visit to Hoya in Woolim Academy. When you reached the school, you reported to the office and the teachers were really glad to see you. It seemed that you were the only one who might have a chance to teach Hoya good. Ever since you became his councellor, you always made sure that he came to school, despite he never listened in class. But it was good enough. At least his attendance would not appear as a zero.

 

"Howon is a problematic students. He often vandalised the school property and even smokes in school boundaries." The disciplinary master let out a sigh. He had no idea how to help him. "I hope you will succeed in helping him, Miss ~~~~~."

 

You smiled. "I will do my best. I believe Howon is a good person. He just lost his way."

"Good. Let me take you to his classroom." He offered and led you towards the classroom. He then knocked on the door and spoke to the teacher. "Is Lee Howon in here?"

 

The teacher scanned around the class and frowned when she did not see Hoya. "He was here just a few minutes ago. Does anyone know where he is?" She asked the class.

 

Everyone just stared at each other. No one could give a reply  because none of them noticed Hoya. "Maybe he went to the toilet?" One said.

You sighed. *He must have escaped from class....* You thought unhappily.

 

The disciplinary master's face went black at the situation. He then turned towards you with an apologetic face. "Mianhaeyo, I did not know that he would do that."

"Gwaenchana." You comforted. "I think I have bothered you long enough. Maybe I can go and find him myself."

 

"No. Please allow me to find someone to take you." He insisted. Just then, a student walked past the corridors and the disciplinary master spotted him. "Woohyun." He called him.

 

Woohyun spun around and did a bow. "Yes, sir?"

"This is Miss ~~~~, Howon's counsellor. I have a meeting with the teachers later, and she needs to find Howon. Can you take her around to find him?" 

Woohyun gave you a look and smiled widely. "Sure."

 

After the disciplinary master left, Woohyun did a self introduction. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Nam Woohyun, president of the student council in school."

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo." You bowed and he did the same. You studied the boy who was a complete opposite of Hoya. His hair was neatly groomed, revealing his charming eye smile. And his uniform was neatly tugged in, just like how a role model in school should be like. You instantly had a good impression of Woohyun. "I shall count on you for today then." 

 

"No problem." He beamed.

 

In the end, Woohyun brought you around the whole school, searching for Hoya. And through Woohyun, you gradually got to know more about Hoya's school life.

 

Woohyun told you that Hoya used to be quite an obedient and quiet student when he just transferred to Seoul from Daegu. He did not create troubles for the teacher, although his results were not good.

However, it seemed to change after he became friends with Beast, a gang who were previously graduates from Woolim Academy. He started to turn more rude towards others and would start fighting when arguments happens.

 

"But it wasn't that bad as compared to now." Woohyun said. "I guess the point when he turned even more rebellious and started going to police station, was most probably because he broke up with his girlfriend, Hyuna."

 

"A girlfriend?" You thought about that girl who stayed at Hoya's house the other day. *Is it her?*

"I'm not sure about it since I heard it from other students." Woohyun scratched his head. "I think Hyuna left him for another guy in Beast, so Hoya felt betrayed. He became enemies with Beast and often fought with them."

 

*Poor Hoya.* You bit your lips, worrying for him. *It must have hurt a lot to be betrayed by your own friend and girlfriend.*

 

When Woohyun and you walked past the toilet, you noticed smoke was coming out. You frowned. "Why are there smoke?"

 

Woohyun took a glance at the males toilet, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. "I guess we found Hoya."

"Huh?" You watched Woohyun entered the toilet. You instantly knew what was happening. *Hoya is smoking in the toilet?!?!*

 

***

After being dragged out by Woohyun, Hoya came out with a annoyed face. He shoved Woohyun away. "Stop bothering me, Nam Woohyun." He hissed and saw you from the corner of his eyes. He let out a snort. "And you too, counsellor. Stop bugging me. Do you even have your own life?"

 

You bit your lips. "I do. And you are a part of my life now." You said with a straight face. "Ever since you were my target, you are my responsibility. I will do whatever it takes as long as you can be a better person again." You promised.

 

"Y-You." Hoya's eyes rounded. *What the hell does she think she is? How can she say this so easily?* Hoya whipped his head the other side, not wanting to look at you. He did not want to have those weak feelings again. Those feelings of being touched by someone's words. *I'm not going to trust anyone else anymore. Why is she bothering me now?*

 

You took a step towards him. "Hoya... Please let me help you, ok?" You held his arm.

He pressed his lips firmly. "Stop disturbing me." He shoved your hands away from his arm and walked away. Your shoulders fell in defeat.

 

"Don't worry." Woohyun comforted from beside you. "He's turning better these days. Look." He pointed at the direction Hoya went. "He went back to class. Isn't that great?"

 

You looked up and your face brightened up. *He really went back to class!*