Hiding

Square One

Her life was hectic. School was coming to an end, the amount of homework, assignments and chores increased day by day and all she thought of doing was eating and sleeping until everything was finished, and she wouldn't have to deal with those stuff anymore. Lalisa was the personification of procrastination and laziness, but for real, why those teaches had to be so mean? The year was coming to an end, they were supposed to start relaxing, thinking about vacations, trips and such, not that, right?

She thought she had the right to complain, but her long time best friend thought otherwise. Jisoo knew that Lisa was the only one to blame for that. A work assigned one month from now, was made by the girl one day before the deadline. That was a pure warning of disaster. That's why when the taller girl arrived at school, blowing flames in anger because her parents grounded her for one month, Jisoo could only scoff and laugh at her misery.

- Are you seriously making fun of me now? - Lisa rolled her eyes, stomping as if the ground was the culprit of her negligence.

- Yes, of course. That's my job. - Jisoo shrugged, walking along with her through the corridors, both girls doing their usual routine before classes started.

- Well, then let's end this friendship right here right now. It's toxic and I shall not leave toxic people in my lif-

- Shut up. - Jisoo slapped the girl's shoulder, seeing that she was mocking Jisoo's previous speech about relationships, when they watched a very bad romance film the night before.

The two girls were friends ever since Lalisa arrived at that school. Jisoo was older so they didn't have the chance to study in the same class, but they got to be close as soon as they met through a mutual colleague and since then, their friendship only grew stronger, and after 3 years both didn't even talk to that the mutual colleague anymore.

Their dynamics was also really interesting. Jisoo was a very social girl, but she was reserved in some aspects and only considered 2 people as her real close friends, Lisa being one of them. The younger girl was also a social butterfly however, she was very different when it comes to being close with others. She liked skinship, she loved teasing everyone around, a very likeable person in general. Their differences were the crucial point to glue them together, though. While Jisoo liked to stay at home, Lisa liked to go out. While Jisoo knew she had to study even if she didn't like, Lisa would prefer to die than to read a 100 pages book. That used to happen a lot. And that also explained the girl's low grades.

When both girls arrived at Jisoo's classroom, the brunette turned to the dark haired shorter girl, pouting just to make her already full lips get even plumper.

- You're going to help me with math today, right? Stupid Mr. Choi is mad at the class and is going to make the worst test of all time tomorrow.

- What do I gain from this? I have a very important round to play today, I'm not sure if your value is bigger than my video game.

- Well ok, if I fail, then it's your fault. My parents will make me study at home and you'll never see this beautiful face again...Pretty please unnie?

That was Jisoo's time to roll her eyes, scoffing at the girl's remark as she saw her classmates already passing through them to enter the classroom.

- Fine. You owe me one, as always. But it will have to be at your house, my parents will have visit today so it's going to be chaos.

- Really? - Lisa sighed deeply, frustrated for knowing that. - You know I'm not allowed to go out or bring anyone home because my mom doesn't believe me anymore, even if I say it's to study. Can't it be a the library?

- The library is closed today for maintenance.

- Well...Ok, yeah, my parents are going to be at the restaurant until the end of the night so I think we can do it.

- Are you sure?

- Yep. Now go. I need to go too.

- If you make me jump down your window as if I'm a burglar, I'm going to kill you.

Lalisa only laughed with that comment, but if she had to, that wasn't going to be a bad idea. She would anything to not deal with her mom's fury once again.

                                                                                                         ---

- ... So you put this right here - Jisoo was lying down on the end of Lisa's bed, belly on the mattress, using the pencil to show Lisa how that question should be solved. - And the x should be... -

The younger girl's loud gasp and giggle made Jisoo look down to the ground to stare at Lisa, who was also at the same position on the carpet, in between her big and fluffy cushions.

- Am I talking to a wall?

- W-What? - Lisa quickly put her phone down, turning her attention to Jisoo as if she wasn't ignoring all she was saying just instants before. - No, I was just...

- Just what? How come your parents leave you grounded and they don't take your phone as part of that? - Jisoo sighed deeply, clearly frustrated and annoyed. Lisa smiled awkwardly, sitting so she could stare at her friend better.

- This is my spare phone. See? - She showed off, making Jisoo gasp loudly in shock. That was Lisa's previous phone, one that she swore to God that had no fix and then begged her parents for a new one.

- Aren't you ashamed of fooling your parents like this? Seriously, Lisa.

- What? Someone really told me that it didn't have a fix but then another someone told me that -

- Ok, whatever. Now, what's so interesting for you to be giggling like an idiot while I'm teaching you some very important ?

- I thought you would never ask. - The brunette smiled dumbly, getting up so she could sit on the bed right by Jisoo's side. - Look.

Jisoo arranged her body so she could read what was written on the screen.

PakChaeyoung: Lisa oh my god I just had my firts kiss and iI II KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~ [5:44 PM]

Lisa: OMG HOW WAS IT [5:46 PM]

PakChaeyoung: IT WAS AMAAAZINGGGGG SO NICE SO GREAT IM IN THE CLOUDS [5:48 PM]

Jisoo read that twice. She couldn't be any more not amused.

- So?

- So? - Lisa made an incredulous expression. - What do you mean "So"? This is so great, Jichu! Chaeyoung was so nervous and she said she had butterflies in her stomach and oh my God~ - The girl put her hand on her chest, sighing dramatically as she slumped down on the mattress. - I wonder when I will have my chance.

- You're so weird.

- I'm weird? The most typical wish of a teenage girl ever is to dream about their first kiss, and I'm the weird one?

Jisoo shrugged, using her left elbow as a support to her head so she could keep looking at Lisa.

- It's no big deal.

- I see. - Lisa squinted her eyes, turning her head to the left so she could look at Jisoo. - Have you ever kissed someone, Chichu?

The question caught Jisoo by surprise. The older girl gulped, rolling her eyes as if that was the stupidest question Lisa ever asked her. And that was a tough competition.

- Of course.

- Really? - Lisa sat up so quickly that Jisoo even felt dizzy for that sudden movement. - Oh my God! How was it? We already knew each other? How come you never told me this? Oh my God~!

- Calm down, geez.

- Tell me, how was it?

Seeing that Lisa wasn't going to let her live if she didn't answer, Jisoo gave up, sighing deeply once again. Lisa was so energetic sometimes that it tired Jisoo to death.

- It was...Weird.

- Weird? - By the girl's expression, it was obvious that she wasn't expecting that answer.

- Yeah, it's...The concept of kissing itself is already strange. Like, two mouths touching but tongues also touching and and like what...Who the hell came up with this idea?

Jisoo's expression now was so distressed that Lisa could only laugh, shaking her head. She kind of agreed, but that didn't change the fact that kissing was something that she really liked to see in dramas and such, so she couldn't wait to experience it herself.

- But you didn't enjoy it? Like, not even for a bit?

- I...I...No. I don't know why you're so excited for things like this.

- I don't know why you're not excited for things like this. Romance, kissing, hugging, fuc-

- Yah! - As soon as Jisoo saw the word Lisa was going to say, she threw the book right to the girl's chest.

Lisa laughed even though that kinda hurt. Jisoo scolded the younger by saying that she shouldn't be thinking of those things, but as the two fell silent for the next 2 minutes, she already knew that Lisa didn't give a about what she said. The tall girl was probably daydreaming now of who knows what. Jisoo didn't even want to imagine.

After that moment of silence, something lighted up on Lisa's bulb, right over her head. She started to smile like the joker, which made Jisoo frown and start to fear what the girl was about to say.

- I just had a great idea.

- Coming from you, nothing is great.

- C'mon, stop now. - Lisa slapped Jisoo's arm, sitting now with legs folded under her to be more comfortable. Jisoo only sighed for the nth time. - How about you and I...Kiss each other, for practice?

Even though Jisoo was already expecting something odd coming from Lisa, she didn't think it would that outrageous. Her eyes got big and round, as she jumped from her position to sit just like Lisa did few minutes before.

- Are you crazy?

- What? What's wrong with that?

- N-No! - Jisoo frowned even more, totally rejecting that idea as if Lisa just proposed for them to jump off a cliff without parachutes. - Why would I do that? It's weird!

- Weird, weird, weird, is that your word for the day, unnie? - Lisa , making exaggerated gestures to follow along her words. - Seriously, it's nothing too much. We're best friends, you just said your first kiss wasn't great, I don't want my first kiss to be awful so I could just practice before, and who better than you for this task?

- Hm, let me see, anyone but me would be great for this task?

- No, hear me out. - Lisa got closer to Jisoo, trying to think of how she could convince the girl to do it. - You're my friend, you won't judge me for the first sloppy and weird tries but - She lifted her index finger. - If I have my first kiss with someone I like, it would be so embarrassing and maybe the person would not like me anymore, or just mock me and tell all of their friends about it.

Jisoo couldn't believe what she was hearing. Lisa was using all of her dramatic personas at the same time, she already knew her too well to fall for that.

- I think this would be the greatest proof of friendship you could ever give me.

Jisoo scoffed, rolling her eyes.

- First: Proof of friendship? Why would I ever have to prove you anything? Second: You're so bad at math that you don't know how to count anymore? If you and I kiss, your first kiss will be with me, not with whoever is the brave person that will like you back.

- Haha, very funny. - Lisa chortled, looking at her best friend's eyes while still thinking that she had a chance at that. - Our kiss won't count. First, we're best friends, like sisters and-

- Geez, you just made things worse. Sisters don't kiss each other!

Jisoo's loud statement made Lisa laugh. The older girl sure was distressed on that day. It was a shame that Lisa didn't care much about it.

- Ok, that was a bad way of saying it...Let's try again. - She cleaned . - Our kiss won't count. First we don't have romantic feelings for each other. Second, we're both girls.

Somehow, the last thing Lisa said made Jisoo really uncomfortable, more than with the idea that they should kiss. She didn't know why the fact that both were girls should be enough to not validate that as their first kiss, but didn't want to argue anymore.

- Whatever. Let's go back to this , I'm here for a hour now and you're not even paying me for these classes.

- I could pay you with a kiss!

The laugh Lisa let out while she felt strong slaps on her arm echoed through the room loudly. She sure loved teasing her unnie. So much fun.

                                                                                                        ---

After their first forced break, Lisa actually started to pay attention to what Jisoo was saying, she really had to ace that test on the next day or else she would never see the sun rising again. Both girls studied with no interruptions for a full hour, until they got hungry and Lisa went to go pick up some snacks for them to eat.

When she came back, Jisoo was lying on her back on the bed, arms thrown to her sides as if she was just plain dead. Lisa giggled at that, throwing the snacks right over the older girl's body as she went to her side so they could eat and relax for a bit, before continuing with that list of exercises.

They ate while talking about things that happened on that day, leading Jisoo to complain about the headache that didn't leave her side since she woke up.

- Ugh, if you wanted proof of my friendship then here it is. I'm here teaching your small pea-like brain some math while I'm suffering though this awful headache. Want more than that? - The girl smiled proudly, finishing the chocolate stick she had in hand.

Lisa smiled, actually feeling grateful for having a friend like Jisoo. Even though they always bickered to death, she was such a good friend that Lisa would die and kill for her, for sure. She would never say that out loud, but Jisoo was already aware of that.

- I accept that. And as a proof of my friendship, I can use a thai technique to ease the pain on your head.

- You? Massaging me? You want to kill me right?

- Nope. - Lisa finished her snack as well, cleaning the remainings on her own short. - My mother always does to me and it always help. C'mon, change your position and put your head here. - She gestured so Jisoo could be on the same direction as her, not with her head on the end of the bed.

Jisoo pondered for a moment, but the throbs on her head was so annoying that she didn't think a massage would make it worse. So she gave in. The older girl threw the rest of snacks on the bed to the floor and lifted her body, so she could lie down on the same direction as the headboard.

- Ok. - Lisa got up and went to sit behind Jisoo's body, so she could look at the girl's face upside down. - Now close your eyes and relax your body.

Jisoo did as she was told, knowing for sure that if that massage was good and frequent, she would end up taking a nap right there.

Lisa started to use her fingers on the girl's scalp, her nails lightly touching it as if she was caressing it in circles. Jisoo let out a long breath and just concentrated on feeling Lisa's touches. Both girls stayed silent while Lisa used her fingers to massage the girl's forehead and temples.

The techinique was real, sure, but poor Jisoo didn't know what really was about to come. The biggest trolls of all trolls, Lisa thought at the moment. If Jisoo had a third eye, she would be able to witness Lisa's increasing sassy smile, as she fell deeper and deeper into relaxing.

When Lisa felt was the right time, she bended over and stole a brief but very intense peck from Jisoo's lips. What happened next was exactly what she was already expecting. Jisoo got up so fast that Lisa almost didn't escape the hit that was going to her direction. Lalisa laughed really hard as jumped from the bed to run. Jisoo had a very shocked expression, going after Lisa with her heavy hand all eager to slap her until she turned white. The older girl's face colour, though, was pure red. Out of anger, of course, of course.

- I hate you so much!

- I love you so much~!

Lisa was now on the other end of her studying table, with Jisoo ready to make the full round to catch her and hit her like no tomorrow. Lisa's room was bigger than most teenagers room, so their little fight had a lot of ways to follow. Jisoo only stopped when she managed to grab Lisa and throw her on the bed, going over her body so she could kick and slap her just like they used to for many other motives.

Even though Jisoo's hands were heavy, Lisa's pride was too big for her to feel pain. Mission accomplished. Another troll for the list. Only when the adrenaline of that got down and she actually started to feel breathless for laughing too much, she started to hit back, now being over Jisoo's body as she held her arms and prevented the girl from hitting her further.

- Ok, ok unnie, stop! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! - Lisa didn't have a serious face, and even though Jisoo had a very big frown on her forehead, Lisa knew she wasn't that mad. She was just reacting in the classic Jisoo way.

- You're so annoying, I swear, I want to kill you!

Jisoo tried to free her arms, but now she didn't have the intention to hit her anymore. She just wanted to get away from there.

- Okie, okie, sorry unnie. - Lisa gave Jisoo a forced hug, feeling that Jisoo's belly now was trembling under her, as if she was holding in a laugh.

Lisa was a lot stronger than her, so Jisoo just gave up in everything and let the taller girl hug her for how long she wanted.

When things calmed down, Lisa used her hands on the mattress for support, so she could lift her body and look at the girl under her.

- That was a great kiss, though, right?

Jisoo thought that she couldn't roll her eyes harder than that.

- You will pay for this.

- Sure, sure I will. - Lisa's smile started to die down a bit as she looked at her best friend there, under her, staring back.

She knew Jisoo was gorgeous - who the hell didn't know that - but she never thought that she would be that beautiful even if she had the hair on her forehead a bit sweaty, some eyebags because she didn't sleep well and a trace of chocolate on her right cheek. That somehow just proved how much the girl was a goddess.

- What now? - Jisoo asked, noticing that Lisa was just watching her, with no smile or anything.

- Nothing. Just that...Are you sure that you don't want to try it? You're really pretty. It would be an honour to have my first non-kiss with you, Chichu.

Jisoo pressed her lips to hold in a smile.

- You're so wei-

- Weird, yeah, I know. - Lisa giggled, noticing that at least Jisoo wasn't hitting her or throwing her to the side. It was start.

The older girl looked back to her best friend's eyes and after some instants of silence, as she thought about it, she sighed, now feeling a bit defeated.

- If you ever tell someone about this, I'm going to hunt and kill you.

Lisa smiled so big that she thought her smile wouldn't fit anymore. She held in a squeal, and only now thought of how their position was already propitious for it to happen.

They exchanged looks, until Jisoo saw that Lisa wasn't going to say anything further, as the girl started to lean down towards her lips. Jisoo moistened it and closed her eyes, trying not to think of what the hell she was doing.

When Lisa was about to touch their lips, a loud noise coming from downstairs made Jisoo open her eyes, feeling as if she was a deer caught in the headlights. Lisa stopped her movements and looked back to her door, now both paying attention to the noises.

A really close door sound was enough for Jisoo to grab Lisa's body and throw her strongly to the side, making the girl fall and roll to the ground like an oily kimchi.

- Ouch!

- Someone is here! - Jisoo didn't care about Lisa's well being. Her voice was low as she got up, feeling caught even though they weren't doing anything wrong.

- It must be my mom... - Lisa got up, now getting a bit aprehensive as she looked at the clock and saw that it was 7:10PM. - She must've come earlier.

Jisoo started to panick, and Lisa quickly went to her to push the girl's body towards her closet's direction.

- Hide in here. I will distract her and I will let you know when you can go. But don't go out, ok?

The older girl only nodded, entering Lisa's closet as she felt her heart pounding like crazy.

As she closed the closet door and stopped to regain her normal breathing, she only managed to put her hand on her chest, trying to calm herself down. Deep inside, she didn't know if her heart was beating that fast for the noises they just heard or for the almost kiss.

                                                                                                         ---

It took almost 10 minutes until Jisoo started to hear footsteps again. She was sitting on Lisa's closet with her knees folded, that place being dark except for a few stripes of light getting in, as Lisa let her room with lights on. Jisoo was already bored, and wondered if her parents had called her already.

Lisa entered through the door and as soon as she saw that her room was empty, she let out an amused giggle. By "Don't go out" Lisa meant "Don't leave my room" and not "Don't leave my closet" but somehow, she thought that was really cute. The taller girl approached the closet door and opened at once, surprising Jisoo since she was distracted with her own thoughts.

- What took you so long?

- My mom, of course. - Lisa entered the closet too, making Jisoo just frown in confusion.

- Why are you entering?

- Move. - Lisa pushed the girl to the side, now sitting in front of her calmly. - Let's wait in here.

- Why? We can wait in your room.

- I think here is fine. - Lisa smiled, her long legs folding just like Jisoo so she could be more comfortable. Both girls kept silent for the next minute, having Lisa smiling at her best friend while the older girl looked at everywhere but her. - What's wrong?

- Nothing. - Jisoo shrugged, sighing before she finally decided to look up. - Why did your mom come home earlier?

- My dad needed something.

- Ok...Well, I will have to go either way, I think my parents-

- It's still early...We can continue what we were doing.

- Studying? - Jisoo asked, knowing exactly that that wasn't what Lisa meant.

The younger girl chuckled, shaking her head. - You know I didn't mean that.

Jisoo pondered for the next instants, also aware that Lisa wasn't going to force her to do anything she didn't want. The fact was...She now kind of wanted too. And that was really bizarre.

Without speaking anything - she knew that if she confirmed out loud she wouldn't have the courage to do it -, Jisoo looked up and approached her body a bit, making Lisa get the idea without further explanations.

Lisa supressed that big dumb smile she always had when things went her way, first because she knew if she did it Jisoo would just quit - the girl hated it - and second, because she was also nervous. Even though that was Chu, Jichu, JISOO, her best best friend, somehow the feeling on her stomach made her feel odd.

The girls leaned their bodies on that semi-lighted place and slowly and gently touched their lips, a sweet peck as a start. When their lips parted, Lisa couldn't help but smile, liking the soft feeling of the girls lips on hers. The second kiss came more like an open mouthed one, with Jisoo being the one leading it. She captured Lisa's lips and to help it, placed her right hand on the girl's face, soon feeling her doing the same.

They kissed calmly for some time, and even though Lisa was insecure, Jisoo somehow gave her some assurance, gently guiding her to do this and that. Deep down, as Lisa started to receive small pecks that signaled the end of the kiss, she started to feel glad that she was having her first actual kiss with the best friend of all time.

When Jisoo decided to stop, she slowly leaned away and was able to catch a glimpse of Lisa taking her time to open her eyes, noticing that the younger seemed to be a bit "high" or something like that. The silence stayed until Lisa recomposed herself, and looked at Jisoo with her now growing smile that she didn't even want to supress.

- How was it? - She asked, moistening her lips as if still feeling Jisoo's taste.

- How was it for you? - Jisoo's voice came out lower than she expected, and she cleared right after, not wanting to seem shaken or anything.

- I... - Lisa's joker smile now was evident. - I loved it.

That comment made Jisoo start to smile, even though she didn't want to.

- I liked it too. I expected it to be worse.

That made the older girl earn a hard slap on her shoulder.

- Thanks Chichu.

- Sure... - Jisoo shrugged, looking down to her own lap. - Hm... It was...

She stopped herself, thinking for a moment if she should actually say what she had in mind.

- Was what?

Seeing Lisa's expectant eyes, she took a deep breath and decided to be completely honest. That was Lisa after all.

- It was actually my first real kiss too.

- What? - Lisa's voice got out louder than she wanted. Jisoo even looked to her side, to see if Lisa's mom heard or anything. - What? - The girl whispered this time, clearly shocked by that statement.

- Yeah...I mean, I had a first "kiss" but when I was a kid, long way back.

- But you seemed so sure of what we were doing...Like you have done it before.

- I guess I just went with the flow? I don't know.

Jisoo made a confused expression, making Lisa smile even bigger because the girl looked really cute and those stripes of light only helped.

- It was pretty good...

That compliment made Jisoo get glad that they were partially in the dark. If they weren't, Lisa would be able to witness the shade of red on her now hot burning cheeks. With more instants of silence, Jisoo was the one that decided to break it this time.

- So this is nothing too much right?

- I guess so...I have no idea. But well, at least it's appropriate.

- What you mean?

- Look at where we are.

Jisoo looked around, still not knowing what she meant.

- In the closet.

When Lisa finished her joke, Jisoo instantly rolled her eyes, being reminded of her antics right away.

- You're so stupid.

- You love it unnie.

- No I don't.

Their stares kept on going for the next seconds, until Jisoo looked away and Lisa's bulb lighted up once again.

- Now... I think we should keep practicing... - Jisoo looked up, actually not thinking that was a bad idea at all. - ...My mom will only come back at 11PM.

For a moment, the older girl heard everything but didn't process those words, nodding slowly. However, when Lisa was about to lean in, the latter's last words hit her hard.

- Wait, what?

- What what?

- You said your mom is only coming back at 11PM? You said we should wait in here so I could go home but now you tell me that she isn't here at all?

Jisoo's voice started to sound annoyed, as if she felt fooled for all that time.

Lisa noticed the slip up on her words, and slowly started to prepare to what was about to come.

- Hm...It's not like this, I mean, my mom did come but she left when I came back and-

- Oh my God! - Jisoo gave Lisa a hard slap on her arm, making Lisa start to giggle. - I'm going to kill you I swear!

As soon as Lisa saw that that slap was just the start, she got up and left the closet as quick as she could. Jisoo followed her behind, all ready to kick and hit the girl as much as she liked to.

It's not that Jisoo didn't want to keep "practicing", but she felt so strange with all of those new odd feelings in her belly, that that seemed like a great way out. Lisa laughed out loud like a little kid as she went out of the room to run, having Jisoo following closely like some police officer chasing a thief.

Looking at the two girls, always bickering, fighting and laughing at each others weirdness, no one could ever know that shortly after - with more innocent practicing in between - they would discover new and intense sweet feelings for each other.

In the end, hiding in a closet never felt like a bad idea at all.


Inspired by: Jisoo and Lisa in "Playing With Fire" MV

                                                                                             

Author's Note: Hello! I hope you enjoyed this read, I'm finally finishing with all couples, only Chaennie left now! I'm happy with all the comments, votes and subcribes, I can't thank you guys enough :) 

See ya next!