Chapter 9 - Begin to accept

Fight for blood, love and self.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

bang, bang, bang


Continuous bullets had been shot and the sound echoing in the large practice hall. Emily pointed her gun toward the target that about 10 metres ahead, with her firm grip on the rifle gun and wearing some protection equipments.


Her expression wasn't pleasant for everyone inside the hall that could feel the tense. One of the things they didn't want to experience was when their Captain Jung turned into HellEmily mode and when the mode everyone would taste the hell of scolding and cursing. 


Emily switched to her next weapon which was bow and arrow, the thing that she really mastered at. She got held of the bow with her left hand and pulling the bowstring with right hand. With her bull eyes, she aimed the target not far infront of her. She was ready to let the string but all of a sudden she changed her target. 


*crack*


The glass scattered into pieces as the arrow got into it. Everyone gasped in shock. 


Emily intentionally aimed the glass because it was just the direction where Mino was. He was beyond than surprised to see an arrow suddenly flew toward his direction, causing him to have a slight cut on his ear. With eyes closed, he mumbled sorry. 


"Tell me, did you really do that?" Emily asked while gave the weapon to soldier who in charged then took off her gloves. 


Leader Song gulped in terrified. He was kneeling on the floor with his hands being tied on his back. He watched on how horrible it was when Emily did her shoting out of anger and the way she let the arrow on his direction, indicating she wasn't joking.


Hearing no answer from the Leader, Emily walked to him and squated down. They stared at each other but he could feel the stare was as if the Captain wished to finish his life right away. 


Emily chuckled. 


Irene who standing not far from them could only keep shut. If she said something she afraid it would only add fuel to the already big fire. 


Emily got up. 


*punch*


Again, loud gasp could be heard. 


Irene covered with her palms. Never in her life she saw Emily was in this state, state meant even in wrath state, she wouldn't lean her hands on anybody, even on her soldiers. 


Mino spat blood. The punch was pretty strong, making his head turned 90 degrees to the right. 


"I never... landed my hand on someone's face before. You're the first and it feels so good" 


No one would notice it but Irene. She saw a bit of tears in the Captain's eyes. She might look tough in the outside but deep inside her she had soft-hearted that every little thing could make her shed a tear. 


A frustrated sigh came out from the Captain's mouth. She was breathing through her nose and bit her bottom lip to resist the tears from falling down. She wouldn't want to look weak infront of her soldiers, they couldn't see her tears.


Emily didn't have chance to say anything more when Yuri butted in. 


"Bring him back to his cell"


"I'm not finish yet!" Emily stated in frustrated tone. 


"We will resume later. Bring him" Yuri ordered, ignoring the younger Captain's complain. 


With that, the soldiers brought Mino out from the hall and sent him back to his temporary cell. Emily directed her gaze to the leader until the figure disappeared from her sight. Yuri on the other hand stared at the younger for quite long. 


Without glancing at Yuri, Emily walked passed her but immediately stopped when she felt hard grip on her arm. 


"Everyone dismiss. I want to talk to Captain Jung, alone" Yuri said and everyone began to walk away, including Irene who couldn't take her eyes off of the two Captains. 


Yuri's eyes back to Emily. Her expression was hard to predict, it was disappointed because what Emily just did to Mino but at the same time feeling sad too because she knew what the younger Captain was feeling after knowing his doings. 


Yuri moved her hands, caressing Emily's shoulder, hoping it could lessen the burden she shouldered. Yuri looked at those red eyes lovingly, however in return she got tears from the younger. 


Yuri brought Emily to her chest, embracing her. Emily couldn't help to burst into crying and her sob was louder. 


"Shhh, it's okay" Yuri the younger girl's hair. 


Emily retreated herself from Yuri and gazed the older girl's eyes. 


"Tell me it wasn't my fault?" 


"Yes, it wasn't yours. You already did a good job. You did train them well, it was their choice to define what good and what bad. And just to let you know, your journey is just about to begin and I admit that I eager to see how great you are" Yuri smiled reassuringly. 


Emily was trying hard to mutter the best smile she could to show her gratitude for such sweet compliment from Yuri. 


"Thank you, unnie" She mumbled, lowering her head. 


"But you could let him at least say the reason" 


"I don't want to hear his voice, much more see his face again"


"Emily" Yuri said in worried tone. 


"I know, as a Captain I'm not supposed to do that, I should be a good example to them, but what can I do with my heart? It hurt. He is one of my trustworthy soldiers but what he did-" She couldn't finish her words as tears began to form again. 


Yuri caressed her arms soothingly. "We will meet President Jung later. What will you say to him if he ask for a reason?"


"I'll just say Mino is stupid enough to do something like this" 


"Em, I know how you feel, heck, I feel it too, but please, don't let your anger control you. Have a seat and talk to Mino properly, he may has his own reason and you should listen to it" As a senior Captain, Yuri gave advice to the younger. 


Emily sighed. She couldn't do anything other than agreed with Yuri. She then raised her head to meet with Yuri's brown orbs. They stared at each other for quite long. 


"Stay with me" 


"Always" 


Little did they knew, Irene was watching their intimate skinship and listening to their conversation. It was a lie if she didn't heartbroken by seeing it. The way Emily said for Yuri to stay with her really irritated to Irene. She couldn't say Yuri was a rival for her to get Emily back, but if the Captain wanted to compete on it, she was all in. 

 

 

 

__________


"Oh Annyeonghaseyo, L-Leader Shin" Seolhyun bowed politely almost 90 degrees to the Leader. 


They were bumped into each other in mid way to their own destination. 


Hyejeong was left with hanging as if she just saw a ghost passed her by. Seolhyun on the other hand was trying to hold her laughter seeing Hyejeong's expression. 


"O-Oh, ann-ann..."


Just then, her eyes went wide, felt like her breath had been taken away from her. An angel was infront of her, smiling like an angel she was. It was like a slow motion when Seolhyun's hair flew freely causing by the wind. Hyejeong was almost drooling by the view. 


"Leader Shin" Seolhyun waved her hand.


The leader woke up from her trance and back to greet the younger one. She bowed awkwardly, making Seolhyun stepped backward in surprised. Why would she bow to her soldier? 


"Omo! Leader Shin, what are you doing?" 


Hyejeong opened to speak but nothing really came out. The words stucked in and was shaking. 


Seolhyun couldn't help to laugh aloud. She was indeed amused with the state Hyejeong was in. But immediately stopped when she saw the now pouting Leader. 


"I'm sorry" Seolhyun bit her bottom lip to stop her laugh from growing even louder. 


"Oh!" She suddenly exclaimed made Hyejeong stumbled backward a bit. 


"Omo, are you okay Leader Shin?"


Hyejeong wasn't herself at the moment. The presense of her crush that she didn't expect almost gave her heart attack. She couldn't even stood properly as her legs betrayed her. And her heart also didn't listen to her when it was beating faster from time to time. 


"Y-Yes, I'm good. W-Why did you s-suddenly shout?" 


"Oh, about that. Did you hear about Leader Song?" 


"Yeah, I did. I can't believe he-"


Before Hyejeong could finish, Seolhyun cut her first.


"Right! I don't believe too he did something like this, indeed I was shocked when hearing the news, it was like a dream that wouldn't ever come true but, I was wrong. I thought it was really a dream but no. It was real, I heard it clear and pure. He really did. But I believe he must has his own reason for doing it. Heck, he serves the country for almost 4 years already, no way he would do such thing without a strong reason. What did he expect, he betrayed the whole nation for God's sake. He knows the consequences of his doings. Yeah, I bet he has a reason and I hope it is strong enough to defense him from fatal penalty. Right, Leader Shin?" Seolhyun made some gestures with her hands, to express her current emotion. 


"Yeah..." Hyejeong was drowning with the way Seolhyun talked. She didn't even has any idea what the younger one was talking about. 


"Seolhyun" The Leader's voice suddenly changed. 


The mentioned girl stood up straight upon hearing her name. She mentally facepalmed for not able to control herself on expressing her thought. Feeling embarassed, she lowered her head. 


Sigh could be heard from the Leader and it made Seolhyun lowered her head more. 


"We need to talk... about that night" 


Seolhyun met with with Hyejeong's eyes that filled with guilty. Indeed the guilty and curiosity in the Leader slowly killed her. She couldn't sleep well thinking about what she did to Seolhyun. She had a gut there must be something she did that Seolhyun didn't tell her. 


Hyejeong made her way closer to the younger one and reluctantly took her hands. Seolhyun was too shocked to react right away the moment Hyejeong's hands touched with hers. 


"I'm not going to force you to tell me, if you think I should know you would've tell me on the day after that night already. But, you know how this feeling, the feeling of not knowing what you did to someone so precious to you. So... call me if you're ready to tell" 


Hyejeong tapped Seolhyun's nose made the girl slightly flinched. The leader walked passed Seolhyun, leaving  her dumbfounded. 


"Ah anyway, I'm still waiting for your answer" Hyejeong winked then walked away. 


Seolhyun placed her hand against her chest to feel her rapid heartbeat. That simple words from the Leader able to make her heart lost control. 

 

 


__________


The soldiers were already in line and stood still with their chest upward and hands rested against their side. They had a morning assembly as requested by President Jung. 


Emily fixed her uniform, standing in the front row of the line. She had her hands on her back, gazing on her feet as if that was the most interesting subject to see at the moment. 


She felt pair of eyes were staring at her and when she turned her head, catching Yuri who smiling to her. She smiled back but it turned out to be the sad one and the older Captain noticed it. 


Footsteps could be heard and President Jung could be seen followed by his advisor, Ken bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter