Chapter 2 - Beyond sad.

Fight for blood, love and self.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Emily went to hospital later at night before she went to do a task that her appa instructed.


She came in to VIP room and closed the door behind her slowly. She smiled sadly at the woman who was lying down on the bed with comforter that covered most part of her body. Some electrical wires connected her body to the machine. 


Emily approached the woman then sat on the chair which placed near the bed. The woman slowly opened her eyes as she felt a cold hand held her hand. 


"Junyeon?"


"Nae umma, this is Junyeon"


Madam Jung smiled weakly as she closed her eyes for few seconds before opened it back. 


"Your hand is cold. What happened?"


Emily's lips curved upward. She placed her other hand on the top of Madam Jung's and gave it gentle squeeze. 


"I'm fine umma. Outside is so cold, maybe because of that"


"You have to wear something thick and always stay at home. You may catch cold if you stay outside longer" Madam Jung said worriedly. She coughed for few times and Emily helped by rubbing her unma's back. She helped her umma to sit up. 


Emily closed her eyes as she gazed somewhere but her umma to prevent her from crying. She couldn't cry infront of her umma. The woman wouldn't like that if anyone cried because of her. 


Emily reached for the glass of water on the nightstand and gave it to Madam Jung as she helped her umma. 


She tried her best to beam. "Are you okay umma?"


Madam Jung smiled and nodded weakly. 


"Junyeon-ah?"


"Hm?" Emily sat next to her umma on the bed.


"I want you to find someone *cough* who can take care of you. I can't do the job anymore *cough*"


Emily sighed as she rubbed Madam Jung's back "What are talking about umma? I don't mind if you're not taking care of me because it's time for me to return the responsibility. I will taking care of you"


Madam Jung smiled upon hearing her daughter's words "I have no much time, Junyeon-ah. *cough* I want you to see someone and make sure whoever the person is, he/she can look after you, so that I can go peacefully"


Tears began to form on the girl's eyes. "Umma don't say like that" Her voice cracked. "You will be fine. You will get back to me and appa, so you need to be strong"


Madam Jung managed to give her daughter a warm smile and held her daughter's hand. "Umma is tired, Junyeon-ah. Can I sleep?"


Emily took a deep breath and wiped the tears on her cheeks. "Nae umma"


She helped her umma to lie back on the bed and covered her up. She kissed Madam Jung's forehead as her tears started to fall again. "I'll come again tomorrow, umma"


With that, Emily got up from the room. She leaned on the wall and let her body slided down until her touched the floor. She was sad, beyond sad to see her umma's condition. She brought her knees to her chest as she buried her face on it and cried hard. 


Of all people, she was closed to her umma. She told the woman almost everything. When she was sad, happy, worried, sick and even about love. She shared everything with her umma. No secret between this two. 


She felt a hand on her shoulder. Slowly she lifted her head and saw a pretty girl infront of her, wearing worried expression. She leaned her head on the wall as she stared at the girl. 


"Why? Why this happened to me? Why can't everyone stay? Why..." Emily couldn't continue her words as she sobbed again. 


"Shhh" The girl brought Emily to her chest and rubbed her arm soothingly "You have to be strong. You still have your appa, friends and...me. We are all here for you. Now what you can do is pray for Madam Jung so that she can stay with us longer"


Slowly, Emily began to calm and she pulled away from the hug. She stared at that brown orbs lovingly. And the girl could feel her heart beated with the stare. 


"Thank you so much" Emily said sincerely. 


The girl smiled. "Is she sleeping?"


"Yeah. Are you here to see her?"


The girl nodded. "I want to meet her before we go. Who knows what will happen. But I guess it's not the right time. So, I'll walk from here to prepare everything for later" 


The older girl got up and was about to walk out from the hospital when..


"Irene-ah"


Irene turned around and looked down at Emily who was still sitting on the floor. 


"Gomawo" Emily smiled charmingly, the smiled that the older girl always fond of and made her blushing.


"No problem. See you later, Captain Jung!" Irene saluted then walked away with smile never left her lips.

 

Emily and Irene were once a couple for alm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter