Chapter 6 - Better than me

Fight for blood, love and self.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone was having their way out from the meeting room except the two Captains, who were still on their seats. They were in silence mode at first and waiting for all people to get out. 


"You can go first" 


"Yes, Ms. Jung" The PA bowed her head slightly then headed out. 


Emily gazed the girl beside her while leaning on her chair. She had this kind of grin that other people would think she had dirty thought inside her head. When Yuri caught the eyes, she chuckled while trying to hide her red cheeks as Emily wiggled her brows. 


"So what about dinner tonight?" 


"Are you asking me for a date, Captain Jung?"


Emily shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. You can say that" 


Yuri playfully placed her finger on her chin, pretending to give a thought about the idea. "It is not bad but..."


She watched as the Captain infront of her knitted her brows, made her burst of laughing. Emily who confused just stared at Yuri with blank expression. 


"Okay, deal. Tonight, 8pm at my house, I'll cook" Yuri smiled from ear to ear as she got up from her seat and packed her thing. 


"Okay, make sure the food is delicious"


"Of course. Anything for my charming Captain" Yuri winked. 


With that, Yuri walked out from the room, leaving Emily who was smiling dorkly. She was thinking what could possibly be happened tonight when they were together, only both of them, in one house. Just a thought of it, made her blushing. 


To be honest, she didn't has that kind of feelings when she was with Irene. It was different. When she was with Yuri, she felt comfortable and couldn't help to smile. Not to mention, the beauty of Yuri really caught her full attention. 


However, she could say everytime she was with Irene, she didn't think of anyone. Not even Yuri or anyone. She only focused her eyes on Irene alone. 


Now, she really confused with her own feelings.


Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt something vibrate in her jeans pocket. She took out the phone and looked at the caller ID. 


Emily: "Hello. Yes?"


Emily: "Oh really? Okay I'll be there. Thanks for the info Mino" 


She ended the call then walked out from the room. 

 


Emily was getting out from his father's building when she saw a familiar figure sat alone on the bench. She squinted her eyes to get a clear vision and smiled when she knew who the person was. 


She stepped to approach the person and watched as the person heaved heavy sigh multiple times with head lowered. 


"Kim Seolhyun" 


Hearing the stern voice, Seolhyun abruptly got up from her seating position and stood up straight. 


"Captain Jung" She bowed. 


"We are not in work now. Drop the formality."


"Nae Captain. I mean Junyeon"


Emily chuckled and proceed to sit. She motioned Seolhyun to sit next to her and the girl obeyed. 


"Now I feel like we are really a friend"


Seolhyun chuckled cutely "Indeed. Plus, I like your korean name more"


Emily nodded her head in understanding while smiling. "Then call me by my korean name from now on"


"I can't. You're Captain, I can't call you by your name"


"Why not? I don't mind it seriously" 


Seolhyun just hung her head low as small smile plastered on her face, made her look cute in that way. 


"So what are you doing here?"


"Just want to grab some air" 


"I see. Aren't you going to visit Leader Shin? She's awake already" 


"I already know" It was supposed to be a whisper but Emily could hear it. 


"Come with me"


"To where?"


"Hospital. We have to visit her. She risk herself for you, well I guess" Emily mumbled the last three words. 


She stood up but then stopped when she felt no presense next to her. "Are you coming?"


"Nae? A-Ah yes" Seolhyun stood up reluctantly. She wanted to follow her heart too, visiting her Hyejeong but seemed herself just wanted to keep denied the fact. 


With that, the two girl hopped on Emily's car and drove to Hospital. 


Along the journey was quiet. Emily couldn't help to glance occasionally at the girl next to her. She was worried because the girl didn't utter any words. 


"Are you okay?"


Seolhyun lifted her head to look at the Captain. "N-Nae"


"Don't worry, I'm sure she will be happy to see you" Emily grinned. It was actually a tease but seemed the girl didn't get it so Emily tried to stop and focused her eyes back on the road. 

 

 

__________


Hyejeong was sitting on her bed while playing with her phone, when the door opened with a knock. She expected it to be someone that she was wishing to come but to her dismay, it was just a nurse who came in to check on her condition. 


"How are you feeling, Miss?" The nurse asked. 


Hyejeong beamed a smile before answering "I'm good, but sometimes I do feel the pain on my stomach" 


"Oh that's usual because you just had your surgery. I'll give you painkiller after this and hopefully it could lessen the pain" 


"Yes, thank you nurse"


"No problem" With that the nurse walked out from the room and Hyejeong sighed as soon as the door closed. 


She got her attention back to the phone. She opened her gallery and scanned through photos. As she was scanning, she came through one photo that had Seolhyun on it. She zoomed the photo into Seolhyun's face and weak smiled formed on her lip. She caressed the photo slowly with her finger. 


"How I wish I'm brave enough to confess to you" She talked to herself. 


Suddenly she heard a knock then the door opened. She had no intention to see who could it be. Probably it was just the nurse who wanted to give her the painkiller. 


Hyejeong was still mesmerized with her phone until a sweet voice startled her. She paused for few seconds before lifting her head and the moment she meet the eyes who just came in, her's went wide and her lips slowly formed a crescent shape. 


Her heart was pounding loudly in her chest. 


"Seolhyun"


Seolhyun bowed her head slightly. Honestly, her body jerked in reaction to Hyejeong's voice. It sounded nice when her name came out from that mouth. 


She fixed her hair behind her ear as she bit her lips. She was nervous and watched as Hyejeong stared at her, made her uncomfortable yet gave chill feeling. 


"Oh yeah, here is food for you. It's from Captain Jung"


"Captain Jung?" Hyejeong raised her brows in questioning. "Where is she now?"


"She said she need to go to washroom first" 

 

-flashback-

Emily's POV 


We were now walking toward Hyejeong's room. Seolhyun was behind me. I could see that she was nervous even though she didn't show it that much but I knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter