Ringing

You Wouldn't Answer My Call

 

 


 

 

 

It’s been a year since Jisoo died. Seungcheol was slowly moving on but he still can’t help but blame himself for her death.

 

 

 

 

 

He was visiting her grave again today, the caretaker pretty much knew him already.

 

 

“Here to visit again young man?” The caretaker asks. Seungcheol nods.

“Well take your time.” The caretaker tells him.

 

 

 

 

Seungcheol heads to Jisoo’s grave and places a new batch of flowers over the wilting ones. He sits on the gorund facing the grave emblem.

He brushes a hand over it and smiles sadly.

 

 

 

“Jisoo…. I’m here again. Sorry if I haven’t visited you for a week now. Work was hard on me. Anyway, how are you now? Heaven must be nice. I remember you telling me about it. Don’t worry… I’m still alive and doing well.”

“But you’re not.” Tears were threatening to spill on his face.

 

 

 

He quickly wipes it away.

 

 

“Sorry. I’m getting emotional again. It’s just…. It’s been hard not having you around.”

“I miss your smile. Your laugh. Your everything. You~”

“I still miss you every day. And every day I wish I could have done something to turn back time; to have you in my arms again; to be right here beside me. But no matter how hard I wish….. I know it won’t come true. It’s just so hard trying to pretend I’m fine when I’m not. Jisoo…. I really miss you.”

 

 

 

He cries for a few more minutes and when he felt he’s run out of tears he wipes them away.

 

 

His voice was hoarse by now from crying but he didn’t care. He stayed staring at her grave for a few more minutes before calling it a day.

He stands up and leaves passing the caretaker who just gave him a sympathetic smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He drives and heads to the café where Jisoo and he first met. The café wasn’t anything special but it had memories that Seungcheol didn’t want to erase.

He always comes over after he visits Jisoo, which was almost every day, just to feel a sense of serenity.

 

 

He orders his usual and heads to usual seat and reminisces.

 

 

 

 

Apparently he wasn’t the only one who frequents this particular café. Someone took notice of his presence every day. This person notices how Seungcheol orders the same thing, at the same time, every day. Said person even notice his absence for the past week.

 

 

 

 

 

Seungcheol find it was time for him to go and carries his coffee with him, not paying attention to his surroundings and the person who always notices him was walking near him, unable to keep their eyes off him.

 

 

 

They end up bumping into each other, almost spilling Seungcheol’s coffee and Cheol looks up to the person who has been noticing his presence.

To say Seungcheol was surprise was an understatement. He was in shock by the person in front of him.

 

 

 

 

“I-I’m sorry. That was an accident.” The other person apologizes as he fumbles to get his handkerchief and tries to wipe the coffee stain off of Seungcheol’s shirt.

 

 Seungcheol awakens from his trance and stares at the male in front of him, realizing what the male was going to do.. “N-No it was my fault. You don’t have to apologize. I was clearly not watching my surroundings.” Seungcheol replies.

 

The male looks at him bashfully and apologizes again. “I’m also at fault here. I spilt your coffee too.”

 

“It’s fine. I could always order another one.” Seungcheol explains. The other male was going to give a reply when his name was called.

 

 

 

 

“Caramel Macchiato for Joshua.” The part-timer announces. The said male turns to the counter after hearing his name.

 

 

 

“Oh that’s me. I-I have to go get my order now. Sorry once again.” Joshua apologizes once more. Seungcheol just gives him an awkward smile as the male turns to head to the counter.

 

 

 

‘Joshua.’

 

 

 

Somehow Seungcheol can’t keep that name and that face off his mind. Especially when the man he’s been thinking reminds him of his Jisoo; a male Jisoo.

 

 

 


And surprise, surrpise! Here comes Joshua :D

-Kaye :3