I should have answered your call

You Wouldn't Answer My Call

 

a/n: It's best to read this while listening to 2AM's 'You Wouldn't Answer My Call' it's my source of inspiration for the story :)


 

 

 

 

He was standing outside the Emergency Room awaiting for news about his lover. Seungcheol was pacing back and forth hoping to catch a glimpse of he’s beloved Jisoo.

 

                                                           

 

A flashback of what happened earlier suddenly appears to him…

 

 

 

 

 

“Cheol… We need to talk.” Jisoo says as she was sitting on the couch of their living room.

“I don’t think we need to talk about it.” Seungcheol replies trying to dismiss the topic.

 

 

The younger girl didn’t want to dismiss it and told him straight away.

 

 

 

 

“Did you love her?” She asks.

 

 

 

Seungcheol stops in his track and looks at Jisoo.

 

 

“Why would you think that?” He asks her clearly trying to ignore the question. “I love you! And you very much know that.” He continues.

“I know you do but… The way you look at her. When you kissed—” Jisoo was cut off.

“She kissed me! I did not do anything.” Seungcheol says defensively.

“Then why are you being so defensive? I trust you. I really do Cheol, but what you did… I don’t understand it all.” Jisoo tries to explain.

 

 

 

Suddenly they both were silent.

 

 

 

“You seem to have enjoyed the kiss.” Jisoo says sadly.

 

 

“I did not—” Seungcheol stops and gazes at Jisoo’s sad face.

 

“I did not mean to.” He tells her.

 

“You promised to be faithful. I believed you… but… you broke your promise.” Jisoo suddenly cries. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to cry. I know we should be trying to fix things but…”

 

 

 

Seungcheol wanted to hug the younger girl, but when he comes closer, Jisoo slowly steps back.

 

 

 

“I called you. At first you said you were at work then I heard a female voice in the background. I thought to myself. He wouldn’t dare. Seungcheol wouldn’t dare cheat on me. I trust you and so I trusted you were doing no trouble. Yet I called again. You didn’t answer. I called once more. And another yet you never answered. I was worried. I was starting to worry that something happened to you. So I decided to come get you at work. You’re co-workers said you left earlier. I followed there directions, just to see… You… In the arms of another.” Jisoo tells him.

 

“I wouldn’t have care about that. I wouldn’t have cared if you two kissed but you know what hurts the most… It’s to see the one I love in the arms of my best friend. You kissed my best friend and you were enjoying it. It hurts Cheol! It really hurts!” Jisoo continues, her eyes red from crying.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Jisoo…” Seungcheol apologizes, trying to approach the younger girl.

 

“It’s too late for that.” Jisoo cries.

 

 

 

Silent envelopes them once more.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m leaving.” Jisoo mentions.

 

 

 

 

Seungcheol didn’t do anything. He didn’t stop her. He just watched her leave and walk out of his life. He followed her through the door and watched her.

Jisoo was about to cross the road but not before turning to look at Seungcheol one more time.

 

 

 

“You should have answered my calls.” She says and bitterly smiles at him.

 

 

 

Seungcheol looks away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He wishes he hadn’t. He wished he could have looked back. He wished he could have seen her one more time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He could have saved her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One of the doctors suddenly emerges from the ER. Seungcheol looks up waiting for the news.

 

 

“Are you Hong Jisoo’s immediate family?” The doctor asks.

 

 

He couldn’t answer. Lucky for him, that Jisoo’s cousin and best friend Jeonghan was there. Or perhaps unlucky of him?

 

 

“Yes. Yes we are!” The female replies to the doctor.

 

 

The doctor scrunches his face and lets out a sorry look.

 

 

“I’m sorry to say… but Miss Hong Jisoo couldn’t make it. She lost too much blood. We couldn’t save her. I’m sorry.” The doctor apologizes.

 

 

 

 

Seungcheol couldn't believe what he heard. He felt a sudden turmoil rise up in him.

 

 

 

“No! No! She can’t be dead!” He yells.

He helds on to the collar of the doctor’s uniform. “Tell me you’re lying! Tell me she’s just sleeping! She’s alive, right? Jisoo’s alive, right?”He screams, trying to reassure himself but the doctor just looks at him sadly.

“Let him go Cheol! He’s not to blame.” Jeonghan tries to pry off Seungcheol from the doctor.

 

 

The young man lets go and fells to the floor. “She’s not dead! Tell me it isn’t so! Jisoo’s alive! She’s not dead!” He tries to makes himself believe.

 

 

“I’m sorry Cheol~ I really am.” Jeonghan apologizes to the male, trying to comfort him.

 

 

Seungcheol looks at Jeonghan sadly. “We shouldn’t have done that. We shouldn’t have played with her. Jisoo loved us so much. She trusted us. She trusted me.”

 

“I know. I feel guilty as well.” Jeonghan replies sadly.

 

 

 

 

 

“Jisoo~ I’m sorry!!! I shouldn’t have hurt you. I should have answered your calls.” Seungcheol cries.

 

 

 


 

 

It's 12 in the morning and I still have school later. I should be sleeping but here I am. Well CheolSoo feels aside., time to go!

~Kaye :3