Meet

Just An Accident

She kept on running till her lungs were screaming at her to stop.

Her sore legs ceased to move when she found herself in park. Without thinking, she slowly made her way to the river, the dark waters were flowing peacefully in its course. The hoots of owl and the incessant crik of the cicadas amplified how lonely she was now. A bench came to her view and she instinctively flopped down to the seat, the chaotic day had left her burned out. Soon enough, she drifted into a dreamless slumber.

Once she came too, she realised she was now in a different place. She was lying down with her back on a cold hard concrete floor. A glance upwards showed her nothing but darkness. Sitting up was impossible when she realised her wrists and ankles were tied up, the tight ropes were slightly digging into her flesh. At the corner of her eyes, she could only make out an outline of a wheelbarrow which probably had been used to transport her to this dark building.

Sheer panic overwelmed her causing her to scream out for help. Her shrill voice reverberated throughout the empty space she was held captive. When Hara’s voice turned hoarse from all the screaming, she resorted to her only option, an option she figured would never use in  her life : she cried.

She wept and wept, her terror only allowed that. Her tears ruined her makeup and her pride, its wet presence was profound on her dirty cheeks. Hara supposed to be a princess, a lady that already had a place in the world. She had everything but at that moment, she only had nothing but her tears. How shameful.

Her sobbing ended, her energy wasted on such a pitiful act.

“Are you done yet?” a feminine voice asked, the contempt in her voice entangled every word.

A dim light materialised, banishing the opressing darkness that scared her for so long. Footsteps were heard as the owner of the said voice approached her.

“Hello, Hara. It is so nice to see you,” the person’s face loomed over her.

Hara gasped, her swollen eyes were wide from shock.

“You.. you... you are Ravi’s sister,” she said with a dumbstruck expression.

“Awww, you remember me,” the younger girl replied.

 She looked like a really horrible mess. Her hair was in a disarray state, reminding Hara of those scary homeless lady she used to see on the streets. The dark eye bags that hung at her eyes were profound by the direct lighting of the place. The most frightening thing about her captor was the unspoken wrath and severe hate in those dark eyes and the manic and sickly smile that graced her blackened lips.

“Why, why? Why you? Why me?” Hara voiced out her question.

“Why you? Of course it is you. It is all about you. Hara the Queen. Hara the Beautiful. Hara the Rich. Hara and her Popular Gang. Hara, the girl who caused my brother’s accident. Yes, it is you! All you! I was there when you and your ridiculous clique pranked him. I heard everything. My only regret was I did not stop you at that time.”

During the rant, she was pacing around her and disappeared out of Hara’s line of sight. Suddenly, she felt her long hair yanked harshly, her shout of pain did nothing to lessen the pull.

“Oh, I have been waiting so long to do that. You, on the other hand, act that you have nothing to do with his accident. You do not even visit him once. You even turn me into your slave. Actually, I am glad for the last part. I realise that by being close to you would give me an oppurtunity to force you people to taste your own medicine.”

She let go of her hair, this time she positioned herself next to her where she could stare at Hana with a gaze that was fully charged with such lunacy and hatred. “I began planning. I spent my nights planning every little detail. Rina’s pineapple allergy. The lubricant I used to cause Nora’s fall. The drone I buy to help cut the rope at the construction site. Those prankster duo was just an extra to add more salt to the wound. The message. At last, it is only down to  keep the best for the last, YOU, when one day”, she stopped as if it was really painful for her to continue.

 “The doctor tell me that my brother will not make it for he is declared brain dead. I cannot believe it. My brother is going to leave his life early, leave me early when he promises to be my personal bodyguard in the future. He is doing great in his life, doing what he loves with the people he loves but then YOU came and ruin everything. The prank call is the last straw and I promise I will make you pay for it and Kims never break their promises”.

“Please, let me go! Please! I will give you everything you want. Money. Gifts. Leaving you alone. Please! Anything and I will do it for you as long as you let me go!!!” Hara now was in tears as she struggled with her binds. Her captor just smirked eerily when out of nowhere, a scalpel was in her hands. Hara screamed her lungs out when the sharp blade cut through the flesh of her fair arm. A scarlet-coloured liquid began flowing out of the cut and the stinging sensation sent a new wave of terror into her heart.

“Following some rumors about a miracle worker, I meet up with Hyuk,” the girl resumed talking as she casually collected the blood with a bowl. “He is sort of a miracle but I think the right term for him will be a devil. He knows everything and he offers to bring my brother back in exchange for a soul. Then, he gives a really excellent suggestion. I could use your soul rather than mine so I will get both my brother back and my revenge on you. However, a ritual is required and its knowledge is expensive. I sell my soul right there and then. Hence, why I am collecting your blood. Do  not be sad. You already give me what I want : your soul. Too bad I cannot kill you. I have to cause you to fall into a coma so it will be a fair exchange. Now, shush. I have a spell to chant. Later, I have a healthy brother to see.”