Man at the Corner

Just An Accident

Hara stood at the corner of the street, the warmth from the gopchang that she bought was pleasant to her freezing hands.

She followed Ken's instruction, hoping it would not be another prank on her. She was desperate to stop whatever was happening to her.

"Why a beautiful girl like you be standing here alone at night?" asked a voice from behind.

She gulped and faced the stranger. A gasp escaped her lips when her gaze fell upon the smirking figure.

The first thing she noticed was he donned a black suit with streaks of red at the collar and chest. His features were sharp and riveting, especially his eyes that glinted in the dark like a predator. He towered over her like a daunting mountain and his blonde hair seemed to glow eerily under the full moon.

"I believe that the gopchang is for me. My name is Hyuk," he grabbed the plastic beg easily from her grasp. " So what do you want?" he leaned against a lamp pole, his poise reminded her of a lounging panther.

"My friends and I got disturbed by some weird accidents..." she was cut off from her explanation when he held up a hand.

"Then you will say that you are the only one left", he remarked with a knowing smile.

"How do you know I will be saying that?", she questioned, feeling a bit creeped out of Hyuk who only sighed in return.

"I know everything. You have spaghetti for dinner tonight. A few weeks ago, I know how you prank call your boyfriend. It is easy to read you.”

Her questioning gaze did not prompted any answer from him.

"I guess you want me to solve your problems, didn't you? I suggest an apology would be best."

"To who?"

Hyuk gave her a look.

"Are you kidding me? He is in coma. He cannot even listen to me."

Hyuk chuckled. "You are stupider than I thought. His family, you idiot."

She bristled at that statement. "No way! Why would I need to do that?"

He sighed again and looked up to the sky "I have tried," he muttered. He returned his attention towards her, his easy-going demeanor changed into a serious one.

"That means you would rather sell your soul to me?" he asked, the lamp pole began to flicker.

"What is this about selling souls?" she hugged her arms, a gesture to show that she was freezing but actually she was trying to hold herself together. She could literally hear fear knocking the door of her heart or was it her own heart that was beating rapidly?

"I can see why Ken sent you here. You had pissed him off big time. Anyway, I will simply explain how this is done. You come here at night with gopchang. We make a deal. I grant your wish. I get your soul. How does that sound?"

There was no answer because during his explantion, Hara made a break for it.

A night breeze blew through the streets. It ruffled the blonde's hair causing him to groan. As he fixed his hair, he chuckled. She sealed her fate and he got a free and warm gopchang.