Chapter 3

Humor Me

Chapter 3

    Gina Lee was different than what Jayce expected. To be honest, she thought Gina was a petite little woman who wore thin rimmed wire circle glasses and sat behind a desk, typing away emails all day. But, no. Gina Lee was a tall, stylish lady who happens to not only be the Academic Dean of the school -- sorry, academy -- but also the the dean of the Allegron.

    “You’re the dean, too?” Jayce asked her in confusion. her mom only laughs under her breath.

    “I always watch the faces of the students,” Gina explained, shooting Jayce a charming smile. “Since you’re shocked, I can deduce that you’ve actually read my letters,” she finished, sweeping into her office where all three took a seat at the table. “Okay, Ms. Lancaster. My first question; what is Allegron Academy to you?”

    Jayce raised a black eyebrow at her and said, “To be completely honest, I have no idea what
Allegron Academy is. It’s not exactly easy to find out with how private you all are. It’s ridiculous.”

    Gina bursted into laughter and turned to Jayce’s mom. “Honestly, Jasmine,” she says, “she is so much like you.”

    Jasmine cracked a smile. “I don’t think I was as rebellious as she is now when I was in my Allegron years.”

    Jayce’s eyes widened comically. “Mom? You went to Allegron? Why didn’t you tell me anything?!”

    She patted her daughter’s back sympathetically. “You’ll understand, Jayce. Just wait a little.”

    Gina cleared and turned back to me. “Right, back to business. Jayce, Allegron Academy isn’t your run of the mill academy. We only provide some, ah, special courses, which is why I couldn’t tell you over the mail. There are jobs that are specifically made for Allegron alumni, so you don’t really need traditional knowledge.”

    “Special courses? I’m not mental, I’ll have you know,” Jayce said scowling.

    “No, no,” she assured her, “nothing like that. Allegron has alumni everywhere, and the alumni know how to recognize someone who would be able to attend. You see, Jayce, you’re not exactly normal. I’m sure you’ve noticed?”

    Jayce looked dubiously between her mom and Gina because this obviously all sounded just a little more than crazy. “Um… no. I haven’t noticed, and I think I would know if I was a freak. Whatever you’re trying to do -- it isn’t worth it.”

    “Not a freak, but you have… magic, for a lack of better terms,” she said simply. Magic. As if it was a normal, typical day to tell a teenager she had powers. “Of course, there is no way for anyone to know what those powers are until you exhibit them in our special courses, which will start tomorrow.”

    “I don’t think you’ll find that I have special magical abilities or whatever,” Jayce told Gina. So much was running through her mind, but she only asked one: She twisted in her seat towards her mom. “Mom, what are your powers?”

    “Super speed. What else?” she said.

    “Super speed?!”

    “How do you think I get ready in the mornings so fast?” she asked, laughing.

    “Okay,” Gina said. “Now that technicalities are in place, I have to tell you a little more about what your school like is going to be; We are extremely private, and now you know why. We’re going to have to ask you to make sure to not talk about your experiences here -- even to your family, outside of your mom, of course.” Jayce nodded. “Now, for your courses-- as a new student, you’ll need to find out what your power even is,” Gina said, shuffling a stack of papers on her right.

    Jayce opened . “But-”

    “Jayce, with all do respect, I think you have no idea what you’re talking about,” Gina said, spinning back towards the young and confused girl. “You have a power. There’s no other reason you’d be here, okay? Now, moving on…” she said, turning back to the pile of papers. “Ah! Here it is ~ your schedule.” Jayce stared down at a small slip of blue cardstock with four classes listed on it.

    “Only four classes?” she asked.

    “You aren’t going to need to learn anything past those, at least not this year,” Gina explained. “I was going to put you in a specific class for finding your power, but I decided to just place you in the warm up class and the teacher will help you specifically. Based on your diagnostic test, here are your four courses.”

    WARM UP, West Field, 7:30 AM-8:45 AM. “Warm Up class is for the students to really tune their powers. Because it’s so early and powers can be dangerous, we need all of you to be extra alert and completely awake. If you still feel groggy after warm up, alert the instructor and only go to classes after you wake up. If that doesn’t work, please alert the nurse or your guardian. It’s not safe -- usually people are more than awake after having magic flow through their bodies,” Gina explained.

    HEALING, Building A Room 3, 9:15 AM- 10:30 AM. “As said before, powers can be dangerous. You have to learn how to heal them.”

    CONTROL, Building A Room 9, 12:30 PM -1:30 PM. “Students are usually most energetic right after eating, thus this class is after lunch; it takes extreme focus to learn how to control magic. Also, this class is only an hour -- so fifteen minutes less than the others. It’s usually very taxing to control, so we shortened the classes.”

    LEARN, Building B Room 15, 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM. “Learning new techniques is also taxing -- we do it after dinner, so the dining hall is closed. Since the only homework you will have here is to practice your three ‘academic’ classes, Healing, Control, and Learn, we expect you to rest in between Control and Learn. Got all of that?”

    Jayce bit her bottom lip, trying to absorb the tsunami of information just thrown at her. “Yes,” she replied determinedly.

    Gina smirked. “You’re going to do well at this school, Ms. Lancaster.” She folded her hands on her desk. “Now, following our letter order, we are going to discuss what you need for this year. I assume you have the Allegron Kit?” she asked, looking at Jasmine.

    “Yes, we have it,” she confirmed.

    “Excellent,” Gina continued, “Earphones are for practicing, as music is found to help students concentrate. Even though you have no homework, you are expected to take notes on the devices provided to you in class -- don’t worry about notebooks. As long as you have pens and pencils. In the kit are your gloves and your body weights for you to train with.” She took a deep breath. “Now, the hard part. Dorms. So yes, you have your own room. Don’t have boys in it after 7 PM-- if you need to practice with a classmate do so before. Your bathroom switches around, as you’ll find probably by tomorrow. Okay. Lastly, your guardian. His name is Faide [AN: said like “fade”], and his power is telekinesis. Got all that? I know it’s a lot.”

Jayce nodded. “Seems simple enough,” she said, “Basically, sleep, eat, don’t be late to classes, practice what you learned, and don’t be stupid about boys.”

Gina smiled. “Basically.”

xXxXxXx

 

    “Are you nervous, honey?” Jasmine asked her daughter later that day. They were in the elevator with Jayce’s suitcase and the Allegron Kit.

    The new student scanned over the list of her hall mates:

        Miller, Anne

Park, Minhee

Kracker, Andy

Jung, Jungkook

Min, Yoongi

Lee, Haneul

Kim, Changjoo

    Jayce rolled her eyes. “Mom, there’s nothing to be nervous about. I don’t even have powers. At least not yet.”

    “Oh, don’t worry about that -- you definitely do. That’s what the blood sample when the box pricked your finger was for. All powers will be revealed within the first day, somehow or another. Get ready for you life to change, Jayce.”

     Jayce smiled (because what every teenager needed was an extremely life-altering event).

 

 


 

AN:

YAY THIRD CHAPTER! How’d you guys like it? BTS is in the next chapter~~I’m so excited haha :D

I hope you all enjoyed and thank you so much for reading!

Please subscribe and leave feedback! Also, I’m open to some questions (as long as they’re not too invasive or anything lololol) so please leave them below and I’ll answer them on my other story! (shameless self promo) :)

--aperfectworld