Chapter 2

Humor Me

Chapter 2

    August 16, 2016:

        Dear Jayce Lancaster,

Thank you for your application. We are pleased to inform you of your successful enrollment at Allegron Academy. This is your first letter out of the five you will receive leading up to and including the day of your meeting. If you have not noticed already, there is another sheet of paper attached to this letter. This is the diagnostic test for your next year. You may notice the questions are not the typical questions on a diagnostic test, but please be sure to answer each one as honestly as possible, considering this will decide your course levels throughout your junior year at Allegron.

 

Sincerely,

Gina Lee

Academic Dean of Allegron Academy

Contact information: N/A

xXxXxXx

    August 17, 2016:

    Dear Jayce Lancaster,

Thank you for your application. Your courses have been decided and will be revealed to you and your guardian at your meeting on August 20, 2016. Included in this letter is the list of academy supplies you will need for your set courses this year and also what you will need to bring to your dormitory. Most of what you need will be provided throughout your courses. Please go to the closest department store and ask for Rachelle Ou, an alumni. Do not accept help from anyone else.

Earphones (although we assume you have them already based on your information)

Generic Pens and Pencils

The Allegron Academy Kit you will receive from Rachelle Ou for free charge.

----

Toiletries

Clothing. There is no uniform at Allegron; however, we always require a respectable attire, meaning a blouse or dress shirt with  jeans/skirt or dress. A tie is required at all times.

Leisure items.

Ms. Lancaster, please realize that you will not be allowed off campus other than the predetermined breaks. Be sure to bring everything you will need.

 

Sincerely,

Gina Lee

Academic Dean of Allegron Academy

Contact information: N/A

xXxXxXx

August 18, 2016

Dear Jayce Lancaster,

    Thank you for your application. This letter is only to inform you about your dormitory at Allegron Academy. As every other student, you will be in your own dormitory (no roommate). I’m sure this is no surprise; males and females are not allowing in each others dormitories after the lunch hall closes at 7 PM. Given this, we always try our best here at Allegron Academy to incorporate a contemporary look on our students’ relationships. For this reason, every room alternates between males and females. Your dormitory will have a private bathroom, but it shares a wall with the room to your right or left. It will switch sides periodically (this will be further explained at your meeting). The adjoining door in the bathroom will switch to join with each of the two rooms. However, the adjoining door will not open unless you permit it, so do not worry about your safety or privacy. We ask of you to not abuse this feature in our school. The dormitories will similarly never open unless the door has your or any teacher’s conscious permission (more explained later).

 

Sincerely,

Gina Lee

Academic Dean of Allegron Academy

Contact information: N/A

xXxXxXx

August 19, 2016

 

Dear Jayce Lancaster,

    Thank you for your application. Your courses will be told to you and your guardian at your meeting tomorrow. This letter is simply to alert you to your general schedule this year at Allegron. You are allowed everywhere on campus after the first two weeks, after you are familiar with the paths to each location. There is no set time for everyone for classes, however your entire hall will have the first class together in order for your friends (who will hopefully be residing near you) to make sure everyone is on time. The dining hall is open all day from 6 AM to 7 PM. Please make sure to eat three meals a day and do not take advantage of our lenient policy. You are not required to sleep at any time, but sleeping before 1 AM is encouraged, as the latest class starts at 8 AM.

    Your meeting is August 20, 2016 at 2PM. Please come to school packed, as August 21, 2016 will be the first day of classes

    Please note that Allegron is both an academy and a university -- you will most likely stay at Allegron until the normal age of college graduates.

 

Sincerely,

Gina Lee

Academic Dean of Allegron Academy

Contact information: N/A

xXxXxXx

August 20, 2016

Dear Jayce Lancaster,

    This is a reminder that your meeting is today at 2PM. Please bring your belongings with you.

 

Sincerely,

Gina Lee

Academic Dean of Allegron Academy

Contact information: N/A

xXxXxXx

    

    “Sweetie, are you ready?” her mom called from downstairs.

    “Yeah, almost!” Jayce yelled back. A small black suitcase was already packed, sitting next to the bed as Jayce reclined back onto her pillows for the last time in a long time. Kiene knocked on her door and cracked it open.

    “I still can’t believe you’re going to Allegron Academy. I won’t get to see you, like, ever!” he cried. Jayce rolled her eyes before sitting up on the bed and grabbing her suitcase.

    “Kiene, you’re going to college. You wouldn’t have seen me either way.” He made a face at her before joining their mom in the kitchen.

Jayce knew, oh, she knew -- she should had felt more bittersweet about leaving her house, but she didn’t think she was going to miss it very much. She’d been holed up at home for so long and all she wanted to do was …  well, even she didn’t know. Just do something, you know? Allegron Academy seemed like the perfect solution.

The doorbell rang and Jayce practically jumped down the whole flight of stairs and out the door with her suitcase. “Woah..,” she marveled as she looked up at the tall man holding out the door of the car for her and her mom.

    “He seems nice,” her mom commented as the unnamed chauffeur closed the door behind them sharply.

    “Oh, mom,” Jayce groaned, putting her head in her hands, “honestly, what did I get myself into?”

 


 

AN:

2nd chapter! Was it kind of boring? I’m so sorry if it was :(

Nevertheless, I hope you liked it! It’s the early hours of the morning and I have a big AP Chemistry test tomorrow, but hey, why not write, right? Don’t worry -- BTS will enter very, very soon ;)

 

Thank you and please subscribe!! I appreciate all of you so much :)

--aperfectworld