W I N G S

DREAMS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly his eyes flutters open towards the familiar feeling of the white ceiling room; he surrounded with white curtains and the sounds of his heartbeat monitor beeping. It was so familiar he felt back home once again. He sticks his tongue out to wet his plump lips, while his eyes taking in the surrounding. “It’s the hospital… again” silently saying the words towards himself when the curtain being push aside and a doctor walk in for the afternoon check-up.

“Jung Chanwoo-sshi” the doctor calls up affectionately.

He looks up a bit annoy at how an unfamiliar human was calling his name like that. “Isn’t it…” Chanwoo managed to recognize who was the doctor in charge of him.

The doctor nodded almost understanding what his patient was saying through the glance of his eyes. “Yes, it is me Dr. Choi. You don’t look to happy about seeing me, idiotic patient…” the doctor chuckles throwing the patient report onto the table before walking to his side.

Dr. Choi walks to the side of the bed before speaking. “Oh, I’m sorry…” the taller elder between them reaches at the side for an untouched blue notebook and a pen before handing it over to Chanwoo laying still on the bed.

The youngster was clueless why was the doctor giving him a notebook and a pen, he looks up towards the doctor. “Why do I need this?” he mouthed it, trying to figure out the intention behind the item on his hand.

Sensing what question probably playing inside Chanwoo head, the doctor chuckles and shook his head from side to another side. “You know, I’m not a god to know what you’re talking Chanwoo. Probably due to the shock from the accident, you…” Dr. Choi purses his lips not knowing how should he tell the news to Chanwoo; to him, the kid have suffered enough painful and depressing experience but even now the God definitely hate him.

Quickly enough his expression change, the smile plastered over his lips seconds ago now gaping open as his brows frowning. “What the …?” he curses throwing the notebook aside on the floor which resulted in the book crossing the other bed side towards the other patient beside Chanwoo’s bed.

“…I’m sorry but we couldn’t do anything.” He look downward somehow moments like this makes him rethink of why did he even apply to be a doctor when he couldn’t even identify what was bothering this kid. “I’m sure it will take a while, but you don’t lose your voice. It’s probably only from the shock...” the doctor was more expressive than Chanwoo was, both of his hands on each side of Chanwoo arms, tightly gripping him as if trying to cheer him up with his never ending energy.

“I wanna curse you, hyung-nim” he mouthed those words as if he was normally speaking hoping that Dr. Choi will somehow in his own ways understand what he was saying.

Upon the realisation at the missing notebook, the doctor signalled for the youngster to wait as he fetches the notebook once again for better understanding. He wasn’t a lip reading specialist but due to Chanwoo being his patient for almost two years, even slightly he knew what Chanwoo intentions are.

Dr. Choi quickly steps aside from his patient, making sure to close the white curtain giving Chanwoo his privacy as he walks towards the other side where another bedridden patient entered today few minutes after Chanwoo was sent here to the hospital. He saw the boy lying unconsciously on top of the hospital bed. He read the tag plastered over the walls consisting of the patient’s information. “Kim Jiwon, sent here by medic few minutes after Jung-sshi and reason was medication overdose” he reads it slowly as not to bother the patient little nap.

He bends down reaching down towards the notebook and once he have it inside his hand, he noticed the patient shifting in his sleep. Though he knew the patient wasn’t in his checklist but doing more than what he should as a doctor was something he willingly do as to his kind-hearted soul. “Kim Jiwon-sshi?” he softly shakes the body of the patient only receiving a grunt from the other.

“Hello there, I’m Dr. Choi and I wanna check how you’re feeling” Dr. Choi started initiating a conversation. At one moment he could have mistaken to say the eye smile from the patient was cute but then the frown came being woken up from probably the best dream the patient was having. “Ah, I’m sorry to bother you; I just wanna see how you’re feeling…”

“It’s fine, leave me alone…” replied the patient, though his voice was hoarse yet the tone was soft and demanding at the same time. Just from that slight exchange Dr. Choi knows why the boy was in here bedridden to the hospital.

Dr. Choi bows a bit towards the patient and walks away from him, and back towards where Chanwoo was. Apparently from the previous exchange, the doctor forget how to breathe that he ended up catching up his breathe once he reach Chanwoo’s bed.

Chanwoo hand was quick to steal the notebook from the doctor’s hand and start scribbling on the blank pages of the notebook. “Why are you out of breathe? Did something happen just now?” he writes and showed it towards Dr. Choi.

The doctor could only smiles and shakes his head denying if there was an emergency. “Nah, it’s nothing like that. It’s just probably the patient next door beside your bed have this angst aura on him that scares me for a bit…” he explained towards Chanwoo only receiving a nod as an answer of understanding.

Again, he was back scribbling trying to write something on the paper. “What’s the patient’s name?” repeating the same steps and showing it to the doctor. Chanwoo continuously write and erasing the words as he waits for the doctor response to his question. “Is he the same age as me? I’ll be happy to know if I were to be stuck inside here that I could at least have friend than only you” he showed the doctor what he have written down only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter