One

Yearning For Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m in love with my best friend.

I don’t know exactly know when or how it happened but throughout the years of knowing Hyeri, I know that she's the only one for me. 

I first met her when I was seven years old. I was the new kid in town and for the first few weeks everyone seemed to avoid me. Apparently I looked scary to them. However, the impulsive girl living next door was an exception.

She declared us best friends before I could even utter a greeting but I didn't mind since the rest of the students eventually warmed up to me because I managed to become friends with one of the most likeable person in school.

It's been ten years since then and after practically spending everyday with her I have come to realise that I am in love with my best friend.

 

*

 

The door abruptly swings open and Hyeri drags her feet inside. "I told you that I'm too tired to do any homework today..." She whines, "Why are you forcing me?" She clicks her tongue and crinkles her nose, "You're so evil."

I chuckle as I watch her unwrap her scarf and coat before carelessly throwing it to the ground. "Well I don't want you to come crying to me the second you see how poor your grades are," I tease. 

She immediately picks up a pillow with a scowl plastered on her face and aims for my head. I instictively dodge it before sniggering. How is it that I'm attracted to someone so hot-tempered?

"It's not like I'm student of the year or anything," She rebukes before pointing her index finger at me in disapproval, "And besides, you should focus on yourself. Who's the one that keeps dropping in rank for the past couple of months?"

I want to tell her that she's the reason that I get distracted during tests. I'm always so worried about how she'll do that I have a tendency to waste my time just staring at her. It's not l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter