Two

Yearning For Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“In lo-love?” I splutter.

She nods fervently and my mind goes blank.

How could she possibly be in love with someone? Who the heck is the basta-

“His name is Yuta,” Hyeri states. “He just transferred here from Japan today and I’m serious when I say that he’s my dream guy.”

My face turns frigid and she looks at me expectantly, anticipating some sort of reaction but I'm unable to say anything. 

Please tell me that this is a joke. 

After a few seconds I finally manage to utter, “But isn’t it a bit too early to call it love?” Hyeri has always been impulsive but this is on a whole new level of crazy.

She sighs with googly eyes before flattening her hair as if preparing herself. “Well the moment he entered the classroom I guess you can say I fell in love at first sight," She begins, "Not only is he cute but he’s also so sweet. I accidentally dropped my pencil and I swear that I felt a tingle of electricity when our hands reached to pick it up at the same time. And!" She flails her arms animatedly, "When Mr Han told me that I was in charge of cleaning duty, all my friends ditched me but he decided to stay and help me. We got to talking and I couldn’t believe that we had so much in common with each other, it’s crazy.” 

I can tell that Hyeri isn't joking with the way she is babbling so excitedly. There's an unsettling feeling building up in my chest the more she talks.  

Just like she said, it is crazy! How can you possibly fall in love with someone you just met?

"I'm going to bed," I inform bitterly as I bury myself under the duvet, "You can leave whenever you're done." 

"Oh," She says disappointedly, "We do have school tomorrow so I'd better go." 

I can hear Hyeri picking up her belongings quietly. She is being careful because she recognises how my mood has taken a 360 degree turn. I feel sorry for suddenly acting so hostile towards her but I don't have anymore strength to continue the conversation. 

"Bye," She bids almost inaudibly before my door is shut.

 

*

 

I'm an idiot. 

And I'm one hundred percent aware of i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter