Three

Yearning For Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why did you ask me to come over so early in the morning?” I rub my tired eyes. 

Hyeri makes a face before clearing , “Is it wrong to turn to my best friend when I need help?”

I roll my eyes as I belly flop on her bed but of course I’m not angry. I actually like that I’m the one who she turns to.

“What do you need help with this time?” I mumble, my face buried against her pillow.

“I’m so excited for my date with Yuta but I’m also very very nervous.”

At the mention of his name, my brows immediately furrow.

“So, what do you want me to do about it?” I say rather resentfully.

Hyeri sits beside me on the bed, “Well you’re a guy...”

“Well done for noticing,” I tease.

She chuckles disapprovingly.

"I was hoping that you would do a trial date with me today."

"Trial date?" I repeat. 

If only it didn't have the word trial in it, I wouldn't be hesitating. 

She nods eagerly, "I haven't been on a date in forever and I really like this guy so I don't want to screw anything up." 

Of course I'd be happy to help Hyeri with anything but by doing this I'm practically pushing her to my rival. 

"Please please please," She adds while batting her eyelashes. 

I dart my eyes around her room as I attempt to find an excuse to refuse but the second I catch a glimpse of her twinkling eyes makes it impossible to say no.

"Fine," I agree, "What are best friends for?"

 

*

 

"What are we doing at the cinema? Do you seriously need to practise watching a movie?" I ask apathetically as I stuff my hands in my pockets. 

She disregards my query as she drags me inside the theatre, "Well...since you're my date for the day, shouldn't you be a gentleman and pay for the tickets?"

I narrow my eyes as I give Hyeri the ultimate 'completely-fed-up-with-you-look'. "How did I not realise that there was an ulterior motive behind all this?" 

"Oh come on," She pleads, "I'll pay you back next time. Besides, this is the perfect chance for us to finally see Train to Busan. We promised to see it the day it was released but you've been too focused on studying. You seriously need a break."

"You really know how to convince me," I say defeatedly and she smiles in victory.

"Anyway, what if Yuta puts his arm around me? How should I respond? Should I snuggle up to him?" Hyeri bombards me with incessant questions as we line up to buy tickets. 

"That's the lamest move," I dismiss before ripping out the receipt, "If he does it then you better make a run for it before it's too late."

"Oh my god!" She suddenly clasps her hands together hysterically, "What if we both grab popcorn at the same time?"

I roll my eyes and wisely advice, "Don't get popcorn, you're the messiest eater alive. It'll just ruin your date."

"But I know I'll be hungry!" She exclaims. 

"Do you want him to realise how much of a pig you are on the first date?" I mock. 

"You're supposed to be helping not insulting," She reprimands by pointing her index finger.

"I am helping you," I insist even though I'm very well aware that I'm just trying to sabotage her date by saying these things. "I know what guys like in girls so just trust me."

Hyeri gives me a doubtful look but I just flash my most innocent smile in response. Still not convinced, I wrap my arm around her shoulder and lead her inside, "Let's go before we miss the movie."

We promptly settle in our designated seats and soon enough the surrounding lights begin to dim. The certificate for the film fades in and the audience are silent. 

The opening scene is revealed and I steal a glance at Hyeri who is already absorbed in the film. The movie progresses and the action packed scenes has every viewer at the edge of their seats.

Suddenly, Hyeri tugs the end of my shirt as she leans closer to my arm and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter