Fourth - Promise

Always & Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four days before Nara's flight, she decided to go shopping. Her friend Jennie also tagged along because she did not want Nara to be lonely. While the girls were strolling along the corridor, Nara found a toy's store. She began walking towards the entrance and Jennie trailed behind her. 

"Why are we in a toy's store? Are you going to buy something for your little cousins?", Jennie asked reaching out a Barbie doll from the shelves. 

"I want to get something for Taeyong and Jaehyun", Nara responded. 

"Wait, Taeyong? Jaehyun? As in your childhood bestfriends? Aren't they in their twenties? Shouldn't you get something like... cologne or... some shoes?"

Ignoring Jennie's series of questions, Nara walked towards to some action figures. While looking at small figurines, she suddenly had a memory of the boys playing with Gundam figurines on Taeyong's hospital bed, while she played with her doll. This memory made her smile. She missed them so dearly. She wondered how much have they grown. More importantly, if Taeyong was healthy. Twelve years was forever and it was already a long separation between her and the boys. 

"Thanks for ignoring?" Jennie snapped out Nara's thoughts. She let out a deep sigh and picked up a two Transformers figurines. 

"Do you think they'll like this?" Nara asked while holding up the two action figures. Jennie shrugged, "I feel like they would prefer something...maturer?" 

"What do you mean, by mature? Huh", Nara playfully smacked Jennie's arm. The two girls laughed and Nara proceeded to the counter to buy the two action figures. 

Four days Nara will be able to step foot in Korea. The only thoughts that came about in her head were Taeyong and Jaehyun. She did not even care about how much the surroundings have changed. It was only filled with her two best friends. 

Flashback

Jaehyun and Nara visited Taeyong the next day after his surgery. This time, Jaehyun's father decided to take the two kids to the hospital. When they came in to Taeyong's room, Taeyong was still sleeping. The two best friends both gestured to be quiet and walked in quietly. Mrs. Lee noticed their actions and giggled. 

"Jaehyunie, Nara! You came!", Mrs. Lee said in a whisper, trying to wake up her son. She pulled them for a hug. "Taeyong will be up soon" 

Mr. Jung also pulled Mrs. Lee for a quick hug. "How is Taeyong doing? I heard the news"

The adults were conversating about Taeyong's situation while the two kids stood quietly by Taeyong's side. Nara brought up her hand on top of Taeyong's and held it. Jaehyun noticed this and also placed his hand on top of Nara's. 

"Taeyong, we're the three musketeers, right?" Nara said in a quiet, low voice. "We're the three musketeers forever", Jaehyun added. 

They held their hands together for a while and soon enough Taeyong slowly opened his eyes. He found Nara and Jaehyun holding his hands. Nara and Jaehyun smiled widely. Mrs. Lee rushed over to her son and smiled. Taeyong felt a sharp pain in his chest. He was on a verge of crying, but with Nara and Jaehyun at his side, he did not feel like crying anymore. Mrs. Lee rubbed her thumbs on Taeyong's face. "Taeyong-ah, you're alright. The doctor said that you'll feel the pain once you wake up, but you're okay", Mrs. Lee smiled at her son. "You're healthy now". 

Taeyong could not let words out of his mouth. He was amazed at how much love he is receiving. His family, Nara, and Jaehyun; they were always at his side, even though this only happened in a short amount of time. This proved how strong their bond was. They were only eight years old, and not a lot of eight-year-olds can do this. He predicted of how this bond will be even stronger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter