More

Friends, and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#np SEVENTEEN's When I Grow Up

Yesterday’s place? Did she meant the black bean noodle place they went?

Jung Jaehyun sighed while leaning against the walls by the road they first talked the day before. It was already past 4 o’clock and she still wasn’t there. He started to feel anxious. Should he go to the restaurant?

 

“Jaehyun?”

 

His heart went nuts again, he suppressed the urge to smile so brightly in front of her. His name sounded like the most perfect melody in his ears. Her jet-black hair rustled beautifully with the wind as she fastened her pace towards him and it didn’t take long for him to be mesmerized all over again.

“Hey…” He was lost for words.

“Hi. Glad that you came.” She said shyly, hands on her back.

“Of-of course, I can’t keep you waiting, right?” He was still stuttering, his voice was shaky. An idiotic smile never left his face.

 

Chaeyeon was staring at his flustered facade. She noticed that his pupils were shaking, he was avoiding her gaze. He seemed like an innocent boy that she chuckled softly at his actions. But when she stared closely at his face, she realized that he was a very handsome boy.

Those cute dimples, his sharp jawline, those pair of thin lips along with his shy smile… Chaeyeon was captivated.

“Where have you been all my life?” She mumbled but loud enough for him to hear.

“Eh?”

‘Ah..! Nothing!”

“So, you’ve thought about where to go?” He asked carefully and took a step closer towards her.

That was what she liked about him. Usually, boys decide where to go for dates but Jaehyun was different. He asked her where she wanted to go, even though it sounded so simple, it showed that her opinion mattered and truthfully, she never experienced that, even with her parents.

“Mmm… I don’t know… I showed you the delicious black bean noodle place yesterday, so your turn.”

"You like movies?"

"Sure!" She answered without any hesitation.

 

 

 

“Oh, Jaehyun?!”

Like a reflex action, the girl quickly hid behind the taller boy just like she did to him yesterday. Jaehyun was taken aback. He quickly turned to the call.

“Wooshin? What are you doing here?” He asked with an idiotic laugh.

“What do you mean? I live around here. Hm, I’ve never seen you around with a girl other than Choi Yuna before. Who is she?” The boy with sharp jawline and broad shoulders, wearing the same uniform as his tried to peer behind Jaehyun's back but he quickly took a few steps back.

He knew Chaeyeon didn’t want to be seen with him.

“No one. Why’re you always bugging into someone else’s business? You should be going!”

“Tch! Fine! You think you can keep secrets from me…”

The boy who was addressed as Wooshin slowly retreated but he kept turning back, trying to look at the girl until his figure slowly disappeared from view.

 

 

 

“Thanks.”

Jaehyun pressed his lips after hearing her voice.

 

“Why are you seeing me?” He suddenly asked with a serious tone. The bright atmosphere suddenly turned gloom. “Being seen around with me… Is it that bad? The truth is, I felt a bit hurt when you ignored me when I smiled to you in class this morning.”

Chaeyeon sighed. Her happy mood suddenly died down when she heard his words. It turned out this boy was nothing different from the other boys she knew.

“You’re just the same…”

“I know I’m nothing compared to you but… I just don’t like being played.” He said sincerely and sighed.

“Isn’t it obvious? I like you.” She answered bluntly but not a slightest smile was formed on her lips.

Jaehyun was speechless upon hearing her confession. He blinked fast before continued speaking.

“You said those words… that easily?”

“The truth is… I was happy when I was around you but it seems like you’re just the same like the other guys I know. Rushed and pestering.”

Her remarks were blunt and honest, just like what Jung Chaeyeon always did.

“What? Me? Pestering? So, you like meeting around in secret? That’s your style?”

“It’ not that!” She suddenly raised her voice.

 

 

“I… I’ve never being treated like the way you did yesterday. I thought… I thought what happened between us is so special that I don’t want to ruin it.” She sniffed and looked up to his eyes. “You think people will shut their mouths when they knew about us?”

Jaehyun couldn’t answer.

“I like the way we are right now and I thought we could go further, slowly. I like the feeling I have for you and I want it to keep growing.” She sniffed.

“Those people won’t let us be if they knew.” He mumbled, finally comprehending her words.

 

“I-I’m sorry.” He took a step towards her but she walked back.

“You’re just the same. The guy who wants to let everyone in this world knows that I’m your trophy! Tch, how silly of me for trusting you.”

Jaehyun noticed her eyes were getting redder, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter