Quarters

Friends, and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#np DIA's 7 &3 Quarters of Minutes

He should understand, it was a secret after all but somehow, he couldn’t from stop feeling disappointed at her cold actions towards him this morning. Jaehyun wiped his forehead and walked sluggishly towards his locker at the back of the classroom. Gym class had just ended and he just wanted to go the canteen and grab some food.

When he opened his locker, a paper suddenly flew down and landed on the floor. There was a neatly folded piece of pink paper that craved for his attention on the cold floor near his feet. He quickly grabbed it and unfolded the paper before reading it.

 

            “Thanks for yesterday and for not telling anyone. Meet me again today at yesterday’s place after school? Chaeyeon.”

 

Her handwriting was neat.

Jaehyun’s heart leapt again and silently punched the air around him but he quickly composed himself when he realized that this was all a secret.

 

*

 

“You seem so happy today, Chaeyeon. Was it because of your date yesterday?” Kim Jiho, one of her friends asked while they were on their way towards the canteen.

“I guess.” A lie escaped from her lips. Those kind of lies always naturally came out from her lips.

It’s strange. How could she be such an easy girl like this? She was Jung Chaeyeon, the most wanted girl in school but now, she was asking some random boy whom she barely knew for a date.

Well, she thought she had seen that boy around before and when she saw him today at class this morning, she just realized that all these while, they were actually classmates. How could she hadn’t realize it? Honestly, he was a fun guy to be with, a boy who never questioned anything she said or did. All these while, every boy she met was controlling, possessive and prying but him.

Jung Jaehyun was someone whom she could finally be her real self, without having to worry about what he would say or think about her. She was comfortable around him and she didn’t know why.

 

 

“Oh, Chaeyeon!”

The girls halted and turned to that call.

“You go first, Jiho. I’ll follow.”

Jiho then fastened her pace and soon, the taller man was standing beside Chaeyeon.

“What is it? It’s uncommon for you to talk to me like this.”

She asked as they continued to walk towards the canteen.

“Haha, how could you act like there’s nothing wrong…”

“I already got a scolding from my dad, Dokyeom. It’s all because of your Hyung’s itchy mouth.” She said coolly, earning a laugh from the boy.

“I could already guess it. As soon as our door’s opened, everyone in the house could hear Taeyong Hyung’s whiny voice. It was huge back at our house yesterday.”

The long haired girl chuckled at his words.

“You’re a lot better than your half-brother, Dokyeom. I wonder if it came from the mother.” Her savage joke made Dokyeom laughed even harder. “When is he leaving?”

“All I know is it’s this year and surely after he graduated school soon. He kept telling our dad that he didn’t want to leave. Because of you, he said.”

“He’s so persistent…”

“I feel sorry for you instead. The States is a huge place, I’m sure he’ll find a girl there for himself in no time.” He said and when they realized it, they were already entered the huge canteen.

“Tch, Korea’s a huge place too! I can find a guy faster than he did.” Chaeyeon rolled her eyes and walked towards the line of people lining for food. Dokyeom was behind her.

“Please do.” He chuckled and crossed his arms. “By the way, I’m curious about yesterday.”

“The story’s not fun… But let’s eat together, for the last time.” She answered after turning back to face him while they were moving slowly in the line.

“Last time?”

She tilted her head up to look at him and took small step backwards as she was facing him amidst the line of people.

“This arrangement won’t last anyway. We won’t have anything going on anymore after your brother went overseas soon. I’m hundred percent sure of it. There won’t be any more dinner at each other’s house after that.”

“Well, can we keep being friends?” Dokyeom raised his brows.

Chaeyeon flashed a smile.

“Do you like me, Lee Seokmin?”

The lad burst into a huge laughter again.

“No, I just enjoy hearing your blunt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter