Sunshine

Friends, and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#np Gfriend's Sunshine

Something hard hit Yuna’s head while she was reading her favourite manhwa by the field. It’s as if she could see stars but soon, a face appeared before her eyes. But oddly, it was clouded among the twinkling stars… She blinked a few times and not too long after that, the stars around him slowly disappeared until she could finally see that face clearly. Not to mention a very handsome one as well.

“You’re okay?”

Yuna blinked fast. Her lips froze. All she could see was his face.

“I’m sorry…”

“Yah, Dokyeom-ah!”

He turned to the faint call and then, back to her.

“You better go to the nurse’s office. See you.”

 

With the soccer ball in his hand, the tall boy slightly ran towards his group of friends who were waiting for him.

She was already captivated.

 

 

That scene happened when they were sophomores. Since then, Lee Seokmin was like the biggest star in her eyes. Choi Yuna wondered. What about him, why did she always trembled whenever he’s close? Was it because of his shining teeth that made him looked so cute whenever he smiled? Or was it his hair? Shoulders? Collarbones?

She shook her head at those silly thoughts but whenever she thought of that guy, she could always see stars and it’s as if the world was in slow motion. Especially if they met eyes with each other.

Like now.

 

“What’s the problem?”

She gasped and turned her attention back to the lesson in front. The English lesson seemed like alien language to her that time. She just couldn’t comprehend anything the teacher said, probably because of the butterflies she was having because of him. Yuna fumbled with her pen and books, trying to get rid of this odd feelings in her chest and calm down.

“Nothing, nothing.” She let out a silly laugh after that. “I was actually looking outside. Haha, I wonder when this class will end.”

That boy chuckled softly at her words and rested his chin onto his palm.

“Me too.” He also shifted his gaze outside the window beside his desk and let out a deep sigh. “The weather’s so nice… Oh, Yuna.”

She trembled when he turned back to look at her.

“What?”

“Do you have anything going on after this?”

“No!” She quickly blurted those words in excitement.

Again, he laughed. His smile was so bright, Yuna thought that she was almost blinded with it.

“Great. You know the new ice cream parlor? The one that just opened near the chicken house?” Yuna just continuously nodded at his words. “I’ve been dying to try that. Want to come with me? Just the two of us.”

She stopped when she heard his last question. Her mind went blank, did she hear it right? Never had he asked her something like this ever since they became seatmates early this year.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to….” His voice went low, slightly disappointed.

“No3x! Of course I want to!”

She curled up a smile and so did he.

 

***

 

“Waiting for me?”

Yuna pouted at the sound of the familiar voice from behind her. The nervousness she felt since she stood in front of the entrance fifteen minutes ago died down immediately. She made a quick turn and her guess was right.

“Why would I?” She said while looking at the taller guy before her with her annoyed look.

“Ohh, who is it?” The boy raised his brows and twirled to look around the school compound. “Hmm... as far as I know, you don’t have any boyfriend… Are you hanging out with some of your friends? Can’t you cancel it today? Come, Yuju-ya. It’s been a while since I’ve had dinner at your house. I miss your mum’s cooking.” He said jokingly and had his arms around her, pulling that girl towards the gate.

She was like his closest sister. Being friends since they were small kids made skinship seemed like meaningless interactions to them but today, Yuna didn’t seem to enjoy his attention. Her mind was only filled with the date with her precious crush.

“Yah, Jung Jaehyun. I’m not going home yet.”

 

He didn’t seem to listen to her but before they could take a step, the boy abruptly halted. Yuna noticed it, the look from his face as his eyes were fixed at the school gate not quite far from where they were. Her sight automatically followed his.

“Jung Chaeyeon? Yah, you should ask her out already instead of dragging me around here and there.”

“Shtt! She’s so pretty, right?” He uttered dreamily while tightening his hold onto the girl beside him. It’s as if he was holding the girl of his dream until that glamorous figure slowly disappeared from view along with her girlfriends.

One of the prettiest and influential girl in school, Jaehyun thought that having her was something impossible to reach. Rumors s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter