Once Again

Friends, and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#np NCT127's Once Again

His conscious was cursing him for acting like this. This was a golden opportunity, how could he let her go like this now? But his body was doing the otherwise. The boy coolly turned his back and took steps away from her. It’s like he was still immersed in his ‘cool savior’ character.

 

Please stop me…

 

He kept repeating the word please in his mind until suddenly, his prayers were granted.

 

“Wait!”

Jaehyun could hear footsteps and again, that goddess was standing beside him. He suppressed the urge to punch the air around him in joy and cleared his throat.

“Um… Can I walk with you? For a while?”

 

*

 

“That jerk… He’s such a coward. How could he just went off without a fight?”

She spoke when he didn’t even ask. Jaehyun wondered, where were her friends that he saw back at the school gate earlier? Why was she alone now? She obviously didn’t take the bus, he didn’t see her before, in fact, he’d never seen her anywhere near the bus since they went to high school but how did she managed to get here? There were lots of questions he wanted to ask but he didn’t want to bombard her with personal questions when they didn’t know each other well enough.

 

“So… Where’re we going?” Jaehyun asked, trying to change this strange atmosphere.

They were walking around the streets towards his home but they couldn’t just possibly go to his place, Jaehyun thought. Well, nobody was at his home but his dog and he couldn’t possibly show her his trashy house. At least, he should have time to clean and prepare food.

“I don’t know… Hey… Will you tell everyone at school about what happened earlier?”

“Of course not!” He answered loudly, slightly startled the girl.

“Thanks. Everyone….” She stopped to sigh. “Everyone seems to act like they know what the best is for me. But you saw that freak earlier, right?”

Jaehyun didn’t know what to say. This girl was opening herself up to him when he didn’t ask her anything. He noticed her sad façade and looked straight in front.

“People are used to see the perfect side of me, how self-composed and smart, on how much of a good girl I am but… the fact is, I’m just like any other useless brats out there.”

“Hey, don’t say that.”

 

But then, she suddenly halted, followed by Jaehyun. She was narrowing her eyes at him, or at his left chest.

“Jung… Jae Hyun, right?”

Oh, how did she know his name? She already knew him? Jaehyun thought he could fly to the clouds in happiness at that thought. He admitted that he had a few admirers before, probably because of his good looks, heh. Or, when he thought of it again, he actually was the member of the school’s band which was not much of a band since they never achieved anything since past the three years it was formed but anyhow, Jung Chaeyeon actually knew him?

Heavens were on his side today, Jaehyun thought.

But little that he knew that Chaeyeon knew his name because of his nametag.

 

“Since you’re the only one who listened to my story, you have to bear with my bratty self, okay?”

And he was the only one who knew about this? Jung Jaehyun thought he had hit the jackpot. He faked a few coughs and had his hands on his back.

“What… what are you saying…” He chuckled at her last few words and looked down on the pavement but not too long after that, he could feel his arm was grabbed.

 

“I’m hungry. Bring me somewhere to eat, can you?”

 

***

 

The ice cream date was a success, Yuna thought.

She ate ice cream with him, they didn’t bumped onto any of their classmates in that place and they talked about many things yesterday. About their favourite baseball teams, their families and much more unimportant things. She thought they were getting closer to each other. It was a great start for both of them.

That morning, she went down the stairs and towards the kitchen with light steps. That day would turn out great, she had a good feeling about today.

 

“Eat lots, Jaehyun-ah.”

“Yes, Omonim!”

 

“You just arrived, Jaehyun?” She asked nonchalantly and sat on the chair beside him who was busy gobbling the rice bowl.

“One second ago. Told you I missed your mum’s cooking.” He said and grinned at Yuna’s mother.

“Come by more often, dear. Even every day is fine! Your mum’s still going outstations?”

“Eung! Oh, should I come by more often? It’s boring back at home, Mangmang’s the only one waiting for me.”

“Mangmangie, that old dog? I thought he was having kidney problems?” Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter