falling.

The Coordinates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The pie was in the oven and Brian couldn’t help but notice that Jae was looking at him wanting to speak but he couldn’t seem to find his words. “How to word this… if I made a mistake—“

“No! Don’t apologize or something, please.” Jae shook his head.

“Look, Jae.” Brian started on a serious note, “I know you are searching for your soulmate and that me liking you, because I really like you, is not going to stop you from still searching and wanting to be with that person.” He confessed and it only made Jae smile.

“Look, Brian.” Jae mimicked the other, “I have found my soulmate. Sooner than I thought and in the most unexpected place.” he took the compass out of his pocket, it was lit up and he turned it to show Brian the three initials.

The younger couldn’t connect the dots at first and was a little annoyed at the fact that Jae was smiling and telling him he found someone else when he liked him so much and just freaking confessed! He refused to look at the object.

Jae continued, “What’s your Korean name, Brian?”

“Why would you ask me th—“ he took a glance at the three initials that looked so much like the ones on his skin, “Oh my God.”

For a moment he stared at the object and picked it up, the light turning brighter. He ran his thumb over the carved initials, probably one of the few things he knew in Korean was his name. “Kang Young Hyun.” he whispered, totally ignoring Jae’s presence for a moment.

“And Park Jae Hyung.” Jae took the courage to get closer to Brian and do the same motion over the initials from his arm with his thumb.

The two stared into each other’s eyes and Jae somehow felt like the frustration that built up inside him for the past years was finally gone, his path finally coming to an end.

“This compass took me around the world searching for my significant other, it brought me here after years of searching and frustration. It pointed right all the time since I came down to Toronto.” Jae started explaining,

“The moment I had it near you last night, it lit up. And it never did that. Probably because of being near the compass made your skin itch and I really hope it doesn’t anymore.. And when you touched it it reacted to you. So I have found my other half.”

Jae sounded so mature and his voice was full of hope, “I really was confused because I know you as Brian and my compass said otherwise and until your arm started itching I wasn’t convinced. But now I am. And I swear I have no idea what will happen next but I did feel the connection between us even before knowing you are my soulmate.”

Brian bit his lip and smiled, the only natural reaction that came into his mind was to embrace the other, a thing they never done until that point. “If you didn’t tell me this but still accepted the kiss and whatever I would’ve done in the future, but still search for your soulmate, I swear I would’ve ask you to forget about him and be with me instead.”

“Is that how much you like me?” Jae wrapped his arms around the other’s torso and, God, did he feel warm! Also his body was so nicely built. 

“I developed a crush on you that everyone noticed but you.” Brian laughed and parted from the hug just to look at Jae.

“I’m sorry for that, I was all in with my thoughts..”

“I knew something changed since last night, you look at me differently now.” Brian was contented and Jae smiled gently.

A moment of silence passed as Brian sliced the pie and placed a big triangle on Jae’s plate, “You are probably wondering what will happen from now..” Jae bit his lip and looked into Brian’s eyes.

“I am, but I’m not going to pressure you.”

“Thank you, I simply feel like I just woke up and I need to change things in my life.” He laughed and scratched his head.

“I can imagine. We should take things slow, let you fall in love with me and we will see.” Brian winked at Jae and took a contented bite of the pie.

Jae’s ears blushed and the two decided it’s the best to do as Brian said.

The pie tasted great and Jae decided he wanted to learn how to bake more.

 

***

Brian left Jae home and the first place he stopped at was Terry’s. He needed to share his excitement with his best friend so he bought beer and went to his friend’s apartment. At first, Terry didn’t seem to suspect anything, it was a thing they used to do every week without any kind of major event happening. Just spending some time as buddies.

“You won’t believe what happened.” Brian entered the kitchen and placed the beers on the table.

“Is it Jae related?” Terry snorted and took a beer for himself.

Brian nodded and told him about what happened a few hours ago, he was all excited. “I swear I was so frustrated when he told me that he found his soulmate after I kissed him! And he didn’t reject me but decided to tell me that he actually found his special one?”

“Oh my god Brian you were the oblivious one this time.”

“I know right!”

“That’s great though! Are you dating now?”

“Ah, he needs some time but I know he likes me a little too, at least I know he likes the way I look so that’s good.” he opened a can of beer and took a sip, “I won’t let the time work in our favour alone, I need to push things a little quicker.” Brian sounded so excited and happy. Terry could swear he never saw Brian as happy and as in love as he was at that moment.

“You are so in love it’s gross!” Terry hit the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter