who.

The Coordinates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Putting Jaehyung’s journey on hold, it’s time to tell the other side of the story, the real person Kang Brian was.

Brian was born in a small village in South Korea under the name of Younghyun. He was a very adorable and chubby baby that his parents had to give up for the sake of his life. He doesn’t know much about his birth parents other than their names that appear on his birth certificate and the fact that they didn’t abandon him, just that they had to.

The new born was taken home by the Kang family, a newlywed couple that had all the life ahead but couldn’t have a child of their own. The two faced hardships when mister Kang announced his parents that they want to adopt a child, they blamed it on his wife for being infertile and the two had decided that not only they will stay together and adopt the baby but that they will move to another city or country.

Mister Kang was a really hardworking man, he found a really promising job in Toronto and they moved right away after the adoption papers were alright. They were forced to do that behind their parent’s backs, that wanted to separate them, and say they will go in Canada for a fertility treatment, promising to be back. But they never went back. The two announced shortly after that she is pregnant and kept the lie that little Younghyun was their child until present. They were forced to give the child another name not to just fit better into the Canadian environment but to avoid any suspicion that they actually took that kid named Younghyun in their care.

His parents debated whether to tell Brian that he was adopted or not, afraid that the child might slip the wrong words when his grandparents were visiting. But they’ve heard from other parents that had the same situation as them but with much older kids that it’s best to tell them since a young age so they won’t feel betrayed and lost as teenagers or even adults.

So since Brian was just a small bundle his mother kept on telling him the story of a little prince that had to be given away by his parents in order for him to live a normal and happy life with his new family.

As he grew, Brian started to understand what it meant and he was grateful later in his life that the two adopted him and really gave him a better life. The only remaining memory of his birth parents is a black and white picture of them, with his mother showing off her big belly and his father holding his hands over it proudly. It seemed like a happy shot of a very simply rural couple that was happy to have their first child, his mother seemed a lot younger than his father. But in the small letter his mother left him together with the picture, Brian was told that their families forced them to give him away but the reasons weren’t explained but he supposed it was just a forbidden relationship.

Although he didn’t blame his birth parents for leaving him, Brian never really wanted to go back to his roots and whenever his parents went back to Korea he would just stay home and invite a friend over. He wasn’t interested in learning the language either so whenever a new person would see the tattoo on his forearm he would simply shrug.

His mother always told him that it was on his skin when they took him in and didn’t get any response of why those three letters were there and what they meant. And Brian didn’t want to know, he wasn’t even interested when his parents wanted to tell him whatever those letters are.

“ㅂㅈㅎ” were the three letters that marked his skin and proved to actually look good there when Brian got a sudden interest in tattoos.

 When he learned that tattoos have meanings he started telling people that those are the initials of his first love just to let him live, of course some wouldn’t buy it knowing the fact that Brian doesn’t know any language besides English. His mother wasn’t happy when her dear son came home with a big tattoo that covered his entire upper arm together with his shoulder. He got inked multiple times, finding tattoos as a way of telling his story through art on his body.

Since he was probably in kindergarten Brian found himself accompanying his mother in the kitchen of their small bakery whenever she made cakes or deserts, starting to help her make the easy ones when he was in pre-school. Both his parents thought it was just a phase the young man was going through but when he got accepted into the Cullinary Arts Academy, they knew it was exactly what he wished to do. And after he graduated they gave Brian the bakery insisting that his father’s income is enough for them and that Brian needs to have something of his own rather than working under his mother.

They weren’t poor but not incredibly wealthy either, Brian often joked whenever someone told him that he’s a rich kid that you are not rich unless you go to work by plane every single morning.

Brian lived in a studio apartment alone because he insisted that he is old enough to take care of himself, the bakery producing the right amount of money for him to pay his employees and save some for himself. The actual money came from the events he made cakes and all sorts of desserts for, the bakery being well known for that even before he took the lead and it escalated pretty quick when he came up with new recipes and designs that made their customers tell their friends about it and so on.

His relationship status was single, and that’s how it pretty much has been since forever, although his really good looks and smarts, Brian was unable to actually find someone for more than a night or two. He tried, nobody said he didn’t, there were two girls he tried to date and do all the things couples do but nothing clicked between them and he simply couldn’t do more than have with them. The silver haired man was pretty envious of his friends that dated and looked really happy and all lovey-dovey but he assumed he was only a loner bird. It didn’t bother him as much since he was always busy, leaving work only when he had to deliver an order himself or buy the needed things, staying up late at the bakery before going home.

Of course, even if it sounds like Brian is a workaholic, and he probably is, the silver haired man never misses a chance going out or throwing parties at his place. He often hangs out with Mark and the others or with Terry, his best friend.

There is no girl in their group of friends and when they go out neither of those who have girlfriends is allowed to bring them. It is like an unwritten rule and even t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter