strawberries.

The Coordinates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae went to his room straight away and opened his laptop after taking the compass out of his backpack, it wasn’t lit up anymore but it felt warm in his hands. He skyped a very sleepy Sungjin as it was early in the morning for him.

“I think I found my soulmate.” he started off without even letting the other say hi or something.

“Whoa, wait. Wait, what?”

“I think Brian is my soulmate, Sungjin.” Jae repeated himself.

“Explain...”

“Okay so today I went to search around the town, you know.. just like I usually do and as it got dark I got lost. Mark or the other guys didn’t answer so I had to call him to come pick me up.” Sungjin nodded as Jae continued, “And he told me that something is lighting up in my back pocket and when I looked it was the compass. It never freaking glowed!!” Jae flailed the compass around and continued.

“I, obviously looked around to see if there was anyone around but it was only me and Brian. So figure it out yourself.”

“I have to tell you that I could’ve suspect anyone but him to be honest.”

“It’s not like he’s not a walking masterpiece, but—how can he be my soulmate? A guy that smart and good looking? I mean??”

Sungjin snorted and assured Jae that he was good looking and very smart himself and asked what was he going to do about it.

“Well, I still need to be certain about it, I mean the letters on it are not the same as his name.. Just the family name might be the same but…”

“You are stressing too much, Jae. It’s dumb to do so and you need some sleep before going to meet him tomorrow, okay?”

Jae agreed with the other and after just a few quick updates of how the weather in Seoul was at 7am they decided it’s time for him to take a shower and sleep.

He stressed the entire shower and even before falling asleep he was looking at the compass, wondering if Brian really was his soulmate and asked himself questions about the other’s actions in the past weeks.

 

***

The morning came quickly and Jae was both excited and anxious to see Brian after the recent events. He barely ate a sandwich before heading to the bakery, Dowoon was already there placing different cupcakes in a box.

“Morning!” the youngster grinned as Jae entered.

“Hey! Did Brian get to work?” he surprised himself with that question and Dowoon snorted softly.

“Not yet.”

Jae only nodded and took his apron, putting it on together with his name tag and proceeded to do the usual chores he was assigned from the beginning. Of course his thoughts drifted slowly at Brian and with each and every time the door opened his blood ran a bit faster thinking that it might be him the one to enter. He took the compass with him to prove himself something and as he tried to focus on writing down an order from a customer the object dimly started to light up again.

He looked outside the window and he spotted Brian parking his car in front of the bakery and quickly finished the order before taking the money from the customer. Before Brian could get behind the counter Jae made sure to tuck the compass back in his pocket.

“Morning~” Brian’s enchanting voice echoed in the room.

“Hey!” both Dowoon and Jae said simultaneously and waved at the other.

“How are you feeling Jae? Did you get any sleep?”

Jae nodded leaning against the counter as he analysed Brian from head to toe. He was so stylish and his clothes looked so amazing on him. Jae realized he was already looking at Brian differently and not just admiring him for his fashion sense or his tattoos or his good looks.

“I’m happy to hear that, don’t stress too much today, okay?”

“Okay, thanks!”

Dowoon asked for explanations after Brian went to the kitchen and Jae explained briefly what happened the other day, causing the younger to smirk a little.

“Stop snorting and smirking when I talk about Brian!” Jae hit the other’s shoulder and huffed a little. He wasn’t mad, though. He was just realizing stuff that everyone already knew.

 

The time passed, Brian was busy in the kitchen and Jae together with Dowoon served customers until the last one. Jae wanted to ask Brian questions and be more than sure that he was the one even though it was pretty hard for him to imagine that the person he searched for for so long was there. He really didn’t believe that his journey would ever come to an end and up until then he probably imagined the moment he would meet his soulmate once or twice. Other than that, he was too focused on searching for the one rather than imagining how it would be, that’s exactly why he felt lost whenever he was around Brian since that day.

Jae went to the pantry to search for some fondant for Brian and it took him about 15 minutes of searching to realize that the fondant was on one of the top shelves while he was searching on the bottom ones. He mentally facepalmed himself and got on the small ladder to look at the buckets of fondant and find the one the other asked for. He felt a presence in the room and turned his head only to see Brian with his arms crossed.

“I forgot to tell you where they were didn’t I.” the latter laughed and scanned the room with his long eyes.

“I should’ve known this already—“ he took down the bucket and placed it on top of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter