lit up.

The Coordinates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right after the party, Jae decided to go home, sleep a little and then use his free day to get to know the town a little better. He felt like he was living in that town since forever but never actually got to discover it.

Brian, on the other side, couldn’t sleep at all and luckily Terry was there to keep him company. The two best friends sat on the couch and shared the last can of beer left in the house.

“So, I’ve finally met this Jae.” Terry brought it up and it only made Brian nod, “Last time we talked you seemed really confused.”

“Well, yeah.. you can’t imagine how happy I was when I saw Mark brought him too. I’m kind of crushing on this guy and it’s weird.” He chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Your crush is kind of visible to everyone, you know? I was talking to Dowoon and he said you are unbearable around the bakery. But it seems like Jae doesn’t see it as you potentially hit on him.”

“He’s pretty oblivious but he is actually on a weird journey of finding his soulmate.”

Terry tilted his head to the side not quite understanding what was Brian talking about. And Brian felt like he needed to give some explanations to him. “I don’t know much, but apparently, everyone has a soulmate and Jae has a compass that brought him all the way to Toronto, he’s been traveling the world in the past years and he finally settled here.” A sigh left his lips, “So me hitting on him is not exactly what concerns him the most.”

Brian received a kick in the shoulder as Terry smirked at him, “Then be his soulmate if you like him that much!”

A loud snort echoed the room as Brian shook his head, how could he replace someone’s soulmate with himself. And what if he himself had a soulmate? A lot of thoughts that crossed his mind together with a lot of alcohol and no sleep caused him a huge headache and all he needed at that point was to sleep.

Terry was a great friend and took him to his bedroom, where Brian undressed and got in bed, hiding his head under a pillow and falling asleep quickly. He also stayed around for another half an hour, collecting the empty cans of beer and whatever the others left around, cleaning a bit so Brian could rest.

 

Jae plugged in his earbuds and played some of his favorite songs while walking around town. It was something he was used to, usually he couldn’t find anything but as he walked around several towns he learned how to appreciate the place itself not to only focus on finding something. He always had a map with him so he wasn’t exactly wandering aimlessly.

Most people considered him weird for walking around with a compass and a map, he sometimes felt like a young pirate trying to find a treasure. And he was actually searching for a treasure. He always wondered what time of person his soulmate was, how would it be when they will meet, if he would actually like the person or not. A lot of thoughts crossed his mind whenever he was holding the compass.

He stopped by a nice diner and ate some burgers together with a big glass of soda and treated himself with a brownie after that feast. Jae was used to eat alone and it didn’t bother him at all, he enjoyed himself really well like that.

After hours of discovering the town, Jae decided that Toronto was a really nice town and he got lost into its beauty. No, literally, he got lost. He found himself at dawn away from the center of the town, not exactly knowing where he was and neither of the boys was answering their phones. He sat down on a bench and tried to calm himself down as he felt himself going through a slight panic attack. Jae was really confused, especially because he panicked and he simply couldn’t find a way out and get back on track. It was something he never encountered until then.

None of the boys answered their phones and he figured they are all wasted after the party from the other night. He wondered whether he should stay there all night and try to go back in the morning or call the police so they could locate him. He had no idea at that point where the panic flooded his entire body.

“Brian.” He muttered under his breath and took out his phone from the back pocket, searching for the other’s number in his contacts and called him, “Please pick up.. please.” The call kept on going and going and there was no answer from him either and Jae felt like breaking his phone on the asphalt.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter