DAY 20: Pepero game

너와 함께 [30 day otp challenge]

a/n: notice - this one takes place a few weeks after the first kiss chapter.


Everyone knew Seungcheol’s parties were wild and big and the best. But no one knew actually that their group of friend’s gatherings were even better.

Since Seungcheol started dating Jisoo, the two groups became one and now thirteen people were sitting on the floor of the eldest’s apartment, most of them tipsy if not already drunk, playing spin the bottle. At first it was a usual truth or dare, with embarrassing questions and more embarrassing dares, but then Seungkwan found two packets of almond Pepero and insisted that the person who spins the bottle has to play the game with the chosen person and so on. It seemed a fantastic idea.

Mingyu thought that too, until Seokmin, who previously had to play the Pepero game with Wonwoo, spinned the bottle and it landed on Jihoon.

This is just a game, he repeated in his mind, but it didn’t seem to work. He couldn’t convince himself to believe as he watched them being so close, their lips almost touching (or not almost? he couldn’t see properly from his place). And the part of Pepero that was left was almost non-existent.

He was so jealous he wanted to scream.

“Okay, the last pepero stick!” Seungkwan announced. “Choose wisely, hyung!”

. Mingyu suddenly felt his heart beating faster. It should be me, it should be me, it should be-”

“Wonwoo-hyung!” The boy screamed and gave him the packet, but he glanced quickly at Mingyu and shook his head.

“No, I don’t think I should, you know...”

“But this isn’t cheating on your girl, it’s just a game.”

Wonwoo shrugged.

“Ugh, you’re no fun,” Seungkwan groaned. “Jihoon-hyung, please spin the bottle one more time.”

Mingyu looked thankfully at Wonwoo. He was about to say something to him but-

“Mingyu-hyung! Waah, this will be interesting!”

“Can you please stop with this MC-styled speech?” Seungcheol asked, his head on Jisoo’s lap.

“No,” the boy simply stated. “So, here you go hyung.” He gave him the last pepero stick. “You’re not getting out of this like Wonwoo did.”

I hope so, Mingyu thought and came closer to Jihoon on his knees. His cheeks were pink, but his eyes were looking at the younger with sureness. So Mingyu put the one end of the stick in his mouth and then lowered his head so Jihoon could capture it with this teeth. As he was worried the pepero will break, he let his hand rest on the back of Jihoon’s neck to stabilize himself. And they started.

Maybe it was the alcohol in his head, or just his hyung looked too good that day (seriously, who could wear an oversized white t-shirt and look that hot? Lee Jihoon only), but their lips met, and he didn’t pull back. Instead, he dived for more.

And Jihoon kissed back.

The aftertaste of soju and chocolate snack wasn’t even that bad when he thought about Jihoon’s hands clutching the front of his shirt and his tongue sliding against Mingyu’s.

“I did NOT sign up for watching gay tonight!” Soonyoung exclaimed and they pulled back immediately. The younger looked around. Jun was covering his eyes and peeking through his fingers. Hansol and Chan were giggling like schoolgirls. Soonyoung looked like he wanted to vomit, Seungkwan was smirking knowingly in the direction of Wonwoo and Minghao was just shaking his head. Seungcheol already felt asleep, probably just after reprimanding Seungkwan, and Jisoo looked like he was close to it too. Seokmin’s face showed the biggest shock of his life. Jeonghan was looking intensely at the floor.

“You must’ve drink really much tonight,” Hansol said. “Like, I’ve never seen Jihoon-hyung kissing anybody, let alone someone who’s not his boyfriend.”

“Dude, they’re together,” Wonwoo said with a chuckle, like it was the most obvious thing. But it wasn’t.

“What?!” Jeonghan looked up at him, and then at the couple. “For how long? And why I didn’t know?!”

“For two weeks if I remember well,” Wonwoo answered instead of any of them. “Am I right?”

“Y-yeah,” Mingyu stuttered.

“I’m disowning you,” Jeonghan said and stood up. “I need more vodka.” He went to the kitchen.

“That was bad,” Chan noticed. Jun laughed.

“Yeah, right. Just wait until Seungcheol-hyung gets to know... He’ll probably scream at Jihoon for not telling him first.”

They talked more, but Mingyu stopped paying attention to them. He looked back at his boyfriend (that term was still new to him, especially when he tried to associate it with this amazing person Lee Jihoon was) and smiled slightly.

“Not the best way to tell our friend’s we’re together, huh?”

Jihoon shrugged.

“You’re lucky I’ve drunk more than I should,” he replied. As they were sitting beside each other now, the older casually put his head on Mingyu’s shoulder. “I will be very embarrassed about all this tomorrow so let’s not talk about this, okay?”

“Okay,” Mingyu agreed. “But, hyung, will you remember it?”

“Of course I’ll remember.” He nuzzled his face into Mingyu’s sleeve. “I wouldn’t want to forget a makeout session that good.”