Demons

ETHEREAL DRIVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I haven't updated in like 2 days, because I am lazy af. 
Ehem so I hope you enjoy this chapter xx

 

You’re free like a bird flying in the unfinished sky, with nothing to hold on to, ready for the fall.

Wheein woke up lazily, yawning and moving her small frame under the sheets slowly, before she gasped loudly and jumped off of the bed looking around. I looked at her weirdly while her eyes wondered around the room, finally finding mine and getting locked with them.

“I thought you left,” she whispered in a cracking voice crashing her body with mine, wrapping me into a tight hug that I didn’t reciprocate.

“I wouldn’t,” I said in a mumble, my arms still not moving. She pulled her body closer into mine, not letting go and I felt the urge to hold her inside my arms, but I knew I couldn’t. I clenched my fists and stood there until she finally took a step back, biting her lower lip and staring at the ground. “I brought you breakfast,” I said turning my head towards the table.

“Y-you d-didn’t-“

“Save it!” I cut her off throwing myself on the bed, closing my eyes and biting the inside of my lip.

I heard her drag herself towards the bathroom, opening the door and then closing it behind her. I stuffed my head inside the pillow and felt my eyes burn as if I was about to cry, but no tears came out. Angels can’t cry, I knew that, but if they couldn't, how would I explain the fact that my throat was burning like hell. Then it hit me. I could feel everything Wheein was feeling. I got up of the bed and knocked on the bathroom door lightly. My wings were heavy and pulling me down like there were anchors chained in them. 

“Wheein,” I called and heard her sniff, “are you okay?”

“Y-yeah. I-I’m coming,” she replied and I could feel the heavy breaths she took. 

After a while she got out of the bathroom. She had changed her clothes and fixed her make up. I saw her tug her messy hair behind the ear and start eating silently, not looking at me even for a second. The cutting pain got back in my wings, but I ignored it, thinking that the bigger the distance between us, the safer would it be for her. How did I go from wanting to kill her, to wanting to protect her? How would I even protect her, when I myself was one of the greatest dangers close to her. 

I was doing my best to ignore her, but then again, I couldn’t stop myself from smiling whenever she would play with her chopsticks while eating, or lay on her chair breathing heavily after drinking water. My hands had already been squeezing the pillow, begging to touch her hair and play with it and as much as I didn’t want to get close to her, I was dying to wrap my arms around her small frame.

“We should go,” she said in half a voice, getting up from the chair and picking up her backpack. I nodded and walked closely behind her. We got to her car and jumped in. She unwrapped a lollypop and I lit a cigarette, the radio filling the atmo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter