sweet or spicy?

a hallyu star fell in love with me

finally! that day came (i'm trying to distract my nerves away by pretending to be excited. well, i am excited, but there are butterflies in my stomach. and it doesn't feel as good as i thought it would be.). i don't usually fix myself up like most girls. they take hell of a lot of time just with fixing up an eye or two. and the hair, not the hair. it takes them hours just to get it the way they want it to look. the foundation, oh the foundation. i can already feel my pores clogging up just by looking at it being applied on girls' faces. ick! i wonder how sweat's supposed to come out of those clogged pores.

i wash my face with soap and water. that's it. but i don't feel uncomfortable about it, in fact, i feel that my face is unrestrained. but what gives? i don't care what i'm supposed to wear on a date. i just throw on what i'm comfortable in for a specific day. and today, i feel like wearing a simple shirt and jeans. miraculously, it's not as hot as summer, nor is it as frigid as the winter air. it feels just right to be exact. i pull my long hair up in a bun 'cause it feels stuffy when i let it down.

i wipe sweat off of my face, when suddenly. someone comes knocking on the door. "is that him?", i tell myself as my nerves start getting to me little by little. whew, me? getting nervous? this must mean something else. i, im hye-ri, a girl born with guts and nerves of steel never got nervous, at all, even for once in my entire life. come to think of it, i shouldn't. it's just a little crush. it's not like i'm in love with him...or am i? could this be? of my 17 years existing on earth, it never got to a point like this. whaaah! i skip the butterflies and go on as if i felt nothing.

he calls out, "hey prankster! are you home?". i yell back, "yeah roach boy! wait a sec, okay?" i pull out a simple brown hat and slip on a pair of pink ballet flats along with jeans and a calamine pink shirt. "i'm almost out the door, hang on!", i call out to him. then, ta~da! there i stood, right in front of him. i felt a little embarrassed right after seeing him looking so neat and proper. apparently, i'm a bit underdressed for the occassion. but, what the heck! he asked me out and i agreed. that's just that.

i look around to see if there was a car here somewhere, but there was nothing here. "what are we waiting for?", he says. then he took me by the hand, and started walking with me. i guess he just wants to be alone with me. without all the noise, the lights and the commotion. eventually, we reached our  destination. it was a garden overlooking the city lights, and he set up a candlelit dinner for two, with flowers, decorations and all. a keyboard piano was set up there. will he be playing and singing a song to me again like he did last time? he pulls back a seat for me, the two of us, sitting face to face. well, i was a little hesitant to look him in the eye. i looked like rubbish, as i always am. his perfume smells so inviting and i can't hide that expression on my face.

i was too stiff to touch whatever was on the plate, so he cuts up a piece for me and says, "say aaa, you're not here to go hungry." before i was able to eat it, i immediately blushed away. haha, i felt so silly. i was keeping my laugh to myself. "how can he do this to me? he's certainly something else. no male human being has ever made me feel this shaking in my heart before." i gathered enough composure to start eating, and got a morsel a little below my right lip. he reaches over and wipes it off my face. he even has the longest eyelashes i've seen in a man so far. to sum it all up, i was like robot the entire time we were together. 

he played the instrument i saw there, and sang a song to me, as i expected. right after that, he walked me back home. as i was facing the front door of my house from that walk, he tells me, "good night. let's go out again next time." he waves goodbye. i thought of checking if he was still there, so i turn around once more. i was startled at the sight of him facing me at a near personal distance. "i think you're forgetting something.", he whispers. "what could it be?", i ask back. then, he got his face close to mine, in fact, too close. he drew himself closer, and kissed me.

i stood there, still and motionless. "good night, for real.", he then turns and walks away. i stood still for about 15 minutes more. i touched my face and was unable to speak in disbelief. "w-w-was that...real?", i ask myself. up until the moment i was getting ready to go to bed. i wasn't unable to forget that kiss. it was exactly as i've seen in the movies. my knees were all weak and giving out, while i was thinking by myself.


*haha, i wonder how i'm gonna add up these stories. it's getting a little hot in here. :3