americano

a hallyu star fell in love with me

i start off my day with a cup of americano coffee. it gently and gradually wakes me up as i start to unwind. unlike my usual mornings, i go to a fancy coffee shop. i just feel like it today, i guess. i relax as i listen to my i-pod. i sway and bop my head to the beat of the song. it kicks off my day and i see everything from a beautiful light. but... oh no! here he comes again, with both of his hands pursed inside the pockets of his jacket. "hey, want espresso?", he politely asked. "no, jeong-min. can't you see i'm having americano now?", i scornfully reply. 

"how did you know my name?", his eyes turning brighter with curiosity. "you don't need to know. what's important is that i now know your name.", well, i'm not really convinced with what ye-jin told me. don't get me wrong, i'm just being a little more careful. you never know if a person is actually a stalker or whatever. i just crease my eyebrows afterwards and say nothing, again. i shrug my shoulders with an expressionless face (i don't know if this might be true, but i'm getting the feeling he sees me as a challenge he has to overcome. i don't think he's used to girls treating him like this. i can easily tell from his actions that he is not at all used to being disregarded. he probably loves attention more than anyone.)

he has a geeky yet edgy attitude. the geeky part is that he can't hide his emotions that well. he's edgy because when he hates someone, he can easily let it come across without even speaking. well, i don't really feel like letting him waste my precious time. so i take out a ziploc. guess what's in it? a cockroach! haha. but, it's already dead. you know what i'll be using this for, right? so i take the cockroach out and surprisingly face him holding it with my thumb and index finger by its antennae.

"omo! omo! don't come near me! don't you dare!", he restricts his scream with panic as he backs off. "anybody want a cockroach? ha!~", i provoked him and he ran away like a little child who saw a monster under his bed. oh my God, i almost fell down laughing at the sight of that! how can he be such a sissy? (i'm a lot guilty, i feel so mean. but then again, it was just a small prank. no biggie.). the whole day passed, and he never came back to see me. there's a little progress, right? at least that's settled. but if ever he decides to not approach me again. i'd apologize to him, it's not that hard for me to do.

"whew, yes! i've got time on my hands now. i don't need to do this exercise thing like crazy anymore.", i go off all happy. (well, i've been doing this for precisely a year and a half now. my goal was a 25" waistline. i did 24". oh yeah, now i'm feeling so, so good for sure.) i wear a smile as i go busting out the door, ecstatic. :) but my happiness is still tainted with a little bit of guilt. was i too harsh on him yesterday? maybe i should've just kept my cool and let him be. so my happy face started turning into a sad one.

i sat on the bench where i first saw him. i giggle a little, by myself. but believe me, i'm not all crazy yet. i only remembered how silly he looked like that day. "americano, joha, joha, joha...", a guy voice sings to the guitar. i was like, "who is that?". "it's me, the person afraid of cockroaches." he says. yeah, i get it. is this another stunt? i let him carry on, whatever he has on his mind, i won't try to in. he gradually sits beside me. okay, this is getting awkward now. "do you know why i was so apprehensive to you before?", he asked. "no.", i said. "i thought you knew who i was, so i was trying my hardest to avoid you. but now i see you don't really know who the hell i am.", he continues. "so?", i ask with a bored look on my face and my left eyebrow creased a little upwards. "i've never seen a person be so real in front of me. do you know how beautiful it looks to me? i've always had to deal with people up to me, trying to rub elbows with me. i've felt no sincerity from anyone, until now. and i felt it from you."

this guy drunk or something? is he under the weather for some reason? i pinch myself without getting noticed. "this is a dream. wait... no! it's real!", i tell myself (not to be rude or anything, but after those words he said, i haven't listened anymore. i was too busy letting everything sink in to me once and for all.) then the dreaded words come out of his pretty mouth, "will you go out on a date with me?". "uhmmm...", i can't completely respond with hesitation. i was reluctant, okay? who wouldn't be? considering he caught me totally off-guard, by myself. "it's okay if you decline, but i want you to know i'm completely aware of my actions and i've been clear about my intentions for the past few days. i know it's a little fast, but. i'll ask you again. eill you go out on a date with me?" my heart was about to burst, and i was thinking out of my head. so against my self-conscious thought of hiding everything from him, it just slipped out, unexpectedly. "yes.", hell no! it's that three-letter word that changed everything since then.

he then held my hand and said, "don't worry, i won't ever disappoint you." see, i was plain shocked. in fact, i wasn't able to talk or open my mouth after i already got home for like, until i slept. i kept bombarding my mind, thinking if he may be a sweet or a 'bad-' kind of guy. if he'll do the things a guy usually does for a girl on a date. whaaah! this is killing me... no, i'm already dead, obviously. this is where i'll end my day for now. i gotta get some sleep. who knows? when i wake up tomorrow, i can probably organize my thoughts a little more decently than 5 hours ago.


*whew, i'll try to update more often. i can't afford to let a single train of thought pass me by without getting it on paper here. toodles people. :*