sunburned

a hallyu star fell in love with me

it was a hot summer day in seoul. there is no nearby beach in this stuffed, concrete jungle. but who says you only get sunburned when you're in the beach? take me for example, i jog for around 40 minutes-ish, just inside the city. and look what i get. super red, roasted pig skin and i hate it so much i'd scream wherever just to help me take my mind off of it.

i wanna have a healthy body, but i don't wanna get burned in the process. besides, my bike's front wheel is broken, i have no choice. but to no avail, a clumsy dude suddenly bumped into me. yeah, there was no one there, the space was so wide open, and he still managed to bump into me. jeez, what a loser! he even wore these thick granny glasses, and a fisherman's hat covered his face. he dressed super lousily, plus, he was acting awkward, very strange in fact. his walk was a little wobbly, and he looked rather uneasy to begin with.

sure enough, i became frickin' curious to find out what he looked like. he had curly hair. uh-huh, curly hair. the kind that goldilocks sported when she stayed in the three bears' house, but it was kind of cute actually. :) i tried talking to him and asked if he were alright, but done like a true stranger, he refused to. i just don't get why i was irked by his presence, yet still intrigued and wanted to find out more about him.

so i come home, exhausted, very exhausted! i went straight to the couch and fell asleep right off the bat. and although i was so tired not to think of anything at all, one thing kept creeping i my mind. "i have to find out who this guy is", my mind constantly whispers. i didn't even feel the hunger i should've felt after that long, tiresome day came to an end.

i only remembered to brush my teeth and throw on my pajamas before officially going to bed.

"ahhh, it stings!", i was woken up by the piercing sunrise reflected from my window pointed directly to my face. i look out, turned the blinds up, and there he was again, acting awkwardly alone. well, not really, he was sitting alone on the bench across the street. i wondered why he acted that way. he seemed lonely and secluded.

i walk towards the bench where he was seated. "holy crap!", i tell myself. this time, the lousy get-up he had on yesterday, is nowhere to be found. he's prettier than me, but i'm certain he's a guy. i reach out my hand and ask for his name. he still doesn't wanna talk. but i went ahead and told him my name anyway. he's too quiet, mysterious and isolated. but he left a lasting impression in my eyes. he left after a brief period of time, without even saying a single word to me. i was talking to a wall, definitely was talking to a wall.

he looks like he's a new resident in this area. i haven't seen anyone in town who looked like him, ever. but somehow, i get the feeling that he's trying to get away from something. it seems so much that he's been hiding himself from everyone. i really wonder what his true identity is.

as i was walking my way back home from another one of those 'power walk' sessions, i see a fast car racing past me. it looked like a horde of paparazzi people. "who're they following this time?" i ask myself. then, out comes a man with an outfit that looked all too familiar to me for some unexplainable reason. and, i remembered, it was that peculiar guy who didn't want to talk to me. guess i'd soon be able to find out who this person really is.

i walk up to where i usually see him, and ta-da! there he was standing, no doubt in my mind that's him. as surprised as i can get, he grabbed me and covered me by the mouth. "oh no, what's this sicko gonna do to me?", i panic in fear and was certainly overwhelmed. "ssshhh! don't make a sound, they'll see me.", and i was like "who are you?" in an attempt to speak properly because my mouth was blocked by his hand which smelled like manly perfume. oh what the hell! why am i thinking of his hand's  tantalizing smell at this very moment?

a few minutes have passed, and it seems that those paparazzi people have gone away for good this time. why are they so eager to follow this person? what if he's famous or something? no, maybe he's a bad person who did something unlikely and became famous for it. he took his hand off of my mouth, finally! i'm short of oxygen right now. i mean, what was he thinking?

"why did you do that? are you crazy? i was scared to death thinking what'll happen to me! who are you anyway huh? you think you can just go off like that and assault people?"

" i can't tell you", thank God he spoke, finally! still not answering any of my questions. i was trying to catch up to him and yet he disappears like a bubble. "why won't he tell me?" damn, is he afraid i'd laugh at him? is his life too unrealistic for anyone that even i won't believe him? i'm running out of reasons to get a chance to know him, this is driving me nuts! >.<

grrr. my mission to find out who he is failed again. why can't i accomplish this? it's far too simple, right?

anyway i'm all so disappointed at him and at myself. i came home empty-handed...again. i have to know his identity, i just have to.

and yeah, this is how my day ends. still baffled, unfinished. :|