Chapter o3

Wonderwall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/n): Eck I’m updating something, what is this madness? Anywho, tell me what you think and sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors you see ;; I’ll try and go through it again if I have time;;

Warnings? Mentions of drowning, suicide, death

Vivid images of a man with metallic hair runs through your distraught and confused mind as a doctor and nurse proceed to test your vitals and question how you feel. The pure milky skin, the gummy smiles that blessed his good-looking face, the deep and raspy voice. Had it all been a dream?

You remember clearly the relationship that evolved between you both, and it leaves you confused to suddenly awaken in the hospital with Namjoon, who you eventually recognize as your boyfriend. Perhaps Min Yoongi or Suga had just been a figment of your imagination, a character your brain had made up to be so scarily realistic and simply perfect. Everything about him in your dreams seemed so drastically real, the emotions, the touches. Along with Yoongi, his wicked ex-girlfriend was just a nightmare to add a spark to your dreams. Perhaps they were faces of strangers you’ve seen in the streets, brain brewing up random names to go along with them, you’re not sure.

“If… I may ask…” you croak, clearing your throat as your voice comes out slow and hoarse, “What happened…?” You have no recollection of what’s going on, confused as to why you’re in the hospital in the first place.

“You’re a lucky one Miss (Y/n),” the doctor began, offering a soft expression as he continues, “Most people don’t survive near-drowning, the deprivation of oxygen got you in quite a bit of a fix - but it’s a relief that you’re awake now.”

You blink, waiting for them to elaborate but no answer is given as to why or how you nearly died. The troubled glances between Namjoon and the two are suspicious, but you choose to leave it as is and be thankful that you’re awake.

Soon enough they leave you alone with your boyfriend, the man immediate to return to your side and engulf your hand in his. His thumb gently skimmed over your knuckles, a smile tugging at the ends of his mouth.

“I’m glad you’re okay… I thought you were gone (Y/n)…” he whispered, leaning down to let his plush lips graze over your knuckles. Your fingers twitch, but your hand remains still just like the rest of your paralyzed body, muscles tight and difficult to move. “You don’t know how terrified I was to… I-I’m just glad you’re alive,” he trails off and deviates from his intended sentence, biting his lip and quietly scolding himself. You want to ask, question what it is that is holding them back from talking to you about what happened, but you dismiss it.

What are they keeping from me, you continue to wonder however, the thought repeating over and over again even as you begin to rehabilitate your body into functioning correctly again. Therapy helping you be able to stretch out your stiffened muscles, you feel like a child learning how to crawl and eventually walk. Namjoon is there the whole time, being your support and picking you up when you fall with a large smile as he whispers that he’s got you and that you’re doing so well.

Much like a child, you evolve from having to be spoon fed and using diapers due to your inability to move, and eventually you’re able to feed yourself - though Namjoon likes to take it upon himself and feed you despite your newfound strength - and take yourself to bathroom and the common room.

As your brain hadn’t been necessarily horribly damaged, and your coma hadn’t lasted longer than at most a month, your recovery is quick and you’re thankful and relieved to finally be able to walk on your own again without the help of Namjoon.

When you return home, a shared apartment between you and Namjoon, your immediate thought is to finally relax and reward yourself to a nice bath. At least relinquish a bit of your dignity when the nurses would be the ones to aid you in the hospital showers. Same gender or not, you’d like for your own hands to be the ones scrubbing your body thoroughly instead of a stranger’s. However, your boyfriend is immediate to shut down the idea and insists on a shower with him.

“Why not?”

“You don’t want to shower with your ever caring boyfriend?” he pouts, but you’re not having any of it and refuse despite the adorableness of the brunette. He sighs over exaggeratedly, throwing his head back and plopping down on the couch, “Ahh… this is how I’m rewarded for being such a good boyfriend?”

You squint your eyes at him, to which he grins mischievously, “Go and take your shower then babe, but call for me if anything happens, yeah?”

You wonder what he’s referring to or why he’s so adamant on you taking a shower, but you know sure as hell you’re taking a bath to reward your rehabilitated limbs after weeks of therapy to get you functioning again. Namjoon calls from the living room about Seokjin coming over later to celebrate your recovery, and you yell back in acknowledgement while you retrieve new clothes and a fluffy white towel.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter