(MS) Misunderstood

Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Misunderstood-

1/1

 

            

 

Misunderstood –

Pairing: Myungsoo/OC

Themes: high school, bullying, sunbae

: no

04/2015 | 1808

 

 

            “… U-Um Yuri can we speak to you for a moment?”

            The girl who had been on her way out of the classroom paused by the door and glanced back to see two of her classmates approaching her mirroring uncomfortable expressions on their faces, they were girls Yuri was not all that familiar with and she’s certainly never spoken to them before this, she always thought of them being a part of the quieter crowd of the class so them ambushing her at the end of school really was abnormal. Nonetheless Yuri slowly turned around and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear as she eyed them strangely. “Yes?”

             “Um s-so my name is Rin and this Sunmin… I know we’ve never spoken before but if you don’t mind could you please hear us out?”

            Their politeness stunned her and Yuri glanced back at her friends out in the hallway who gave her nods of encouragement to listen to them. “Uh, yeah okay, sure. Is this a… sensitive thing? Do you want my friends to leave?”

            “No! Uh- well it is a little…”

            Yuri understood she was reluctant to so boldly ask to speak just between them so took the initiative to exchange a few words with her friends, apologising ad asking them to wait for her for a bit outside. After her friends left she turned back to the two girls before her and asked them to continue.

            “Thanks… Yuri,” Rin gave her a smile that looked slightly forced. “We actually have a favour to ask you… and before you flat out reject is please just hear us out until the end, okay?”

            Yuri nodded back hesitantly, getting a little impatient to hear this big important request of theirs that must have been pretty serious if they’re buttering her up and dragging it on for so long. The two girls were quite quiet and seemed pretty decent so she hoped it wasn’t anything too demanding or weird…

            “Do you know Myungsoo-sunbaenim from third year?”

            “Sure…? I mean everyone’s always talking about him, right?” she recalled the ridiculously handsome senior with his signature dark hair that framed his small face just above his brooding eyes and his deep gaze that girls swooned over, Yuri actually thought that the fact someone like him existed was a little unfair and no one should have the power to affect someone that much… the whole school’s female population practically adored him after all.

            “Y-Yeah, that’s him…” she shifted slightly before facing Yuri more directly. “Could you please start-… start going out with him?”

            “No,” Yuri immediately replied stiffly as she already began turning away. “I’d like to help but I’m not interested-.”

            “W-Wait! Please hear us out! It’s not what you think!” Rin stepped forward and grabbed her bag, preventing her from leaving her spot and Yuri was about to lose her patience as she turned back around to face the girl with a stern glare, Yuri was prepared to smack her hand away when she saw the desperate expression on her face. “Please, we don’t know who else we can turn to… please just hear us out.”

            Us? Yuri glanced to the other girl, Sunmin, who had been silent this whole time her friend spoke to her. “… How come she’s not saying anything?”

            “S-She, Sunmin is the one… please just wait a bit and I’ll explain.”

            “Okay fine,” Yuri sighed as she stepped back and Rin let go of her bag. “I’ll listen but I’m not promising anything, okay?”

            “That’s completely okay, thank you,” Rin nodded with a brief smile, simply thankful that they’ve convinced her to at least hear them out. “Earlier today Sunmin got a letter in her locker… it was a love letter signed off by Myungsoo-sunbaenim.”

            Yuri slowly turned her attention back to Sunmin who had been staring at the ground the previous times she looked at her but this time she was looking back at Yuri as if to see her reaction, though the moment their eyes met Sunmin looked back down. “… Okay, so? Isn’t that a good thing? Kim Myungsoo is really sought out amongst the girls, isn’t he?”

            “Exactly, he’s really popular and two grades higher than us. It would have been great for Sunmin if it was true, but then we overheard two of his friends talking about it… and apparently it was

Please log in to read the full chapter