(WH) Promises, Promises

Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Promises, Promises-

1/1

 

            

 

Promises, Promises –

Pairing: Woohyun/OC

Themes: secret admirer, 20s

: no

03/2015 | 2005

 

 

            The crowd broke into an abrupt applause and booming cheers erupted below stage when the musical number ended and the lights began to dim, the thick red velvet curtains rolled out and slowly engulfed the stage in complete darkness. Once they were out of the audience’s sight, Hana dropped her pose and followed the other girls off stage as they all broke out into gleeful laughs. It was the opening night for their highly anticipated musical, and it was even more special to Hana considering she got to act as the female lead for the first time. The turnout was greater than what she could have imagined and she loved every moment she was up on that stage giving her all for them; she had worked hard for their love and she was happy to be receiving the love back.

            The girls all squealed and jumped as they ran down the corridor back to their dressing rooms, it was the first of many shows but the girls were all thrilled by the incredible response from their last number. Hana bid the girls a quick farewell before rushing off to her personal dressing room. She was ecstatic over the performance but what she was more excited about now was getting changed and going to meet her husband.

            The tall guard outside her dressing room greeted her with a polite nod as he opened the door for her, she grinned back at him charmingly and patted his chest lightly before waltzing in. Hana paused mid-step halfway through the door and stared at her dressing room in awe, vases of roses covered every surface of the room and on her dressing table was a large bouquet. “Lucky, what happened in here?”

            “A delivery boy came by a few minutes ago, ma’am… when I asked he said they were from a secret admirer.”

            “Aw, how sweet,” she smiled again as she approached the table and picked up the beautiful bouquet, she had an idea who sent her these flowers and she was sure to return him the favour when they get home tonight. “… Lucky, would you be a dear and start carrying these to my car? My sweet admirer should be waiting there.”

            “Right now?”

            “Yes, right away please.”

            Hana hummed to herself softly as she changed out the sparkly sequined dress and threw on her loose-fitted dress and her lavish coat, she studied her appearance in her reflection and quickly fixed her short dark hair with the jeweled clip that had been a gift from her husband. After making sure she looked immaculate, she picked up the bouquet and hurried on out.

            The exquisite aroma of the flowers tickled her senses and she grinned with glee as she approached the theater’s back doors. It was late November and the nights have grown incredibly cold, Hana held the flowers closer to her chest as she stepped out into the dark night. By the employees’ parking lot, she found Lucky speaking to her husband by their car and from what she could tell Sunggyu did not seem pleased.

            “What’s the matter, darling?” she asked and greeted him with a light peck over the lips. She held his shoulder and tiptoed up to lean into his ear. “Thank you for the flowers, they’re simply gorgeous.”

            “Hana… those are not from me,” Sunggyu told her evenly, eyeing the roses in her hand disapprovingly.

            Despite his cold tone, he laced an arm around her waist and pulled her thin body close to his. Hana eyed him momentarily as she tried to process his words and when they finally got through, a grand smile appeared on her perfect red lips. “Well then I suppose you’ll have to work hard so that I won’t fall for my Mr. Secret Admirer.”

            To her delight Sunggyu showed her one of his bright smiles and kissed her over the cheek. “Well then, Lucky don’t bother with the rest of the flowers. We won’t have room at home after the ones I’m going to buy you.”

             Hana giggled when Sunggyu took the bouquet from her and dumped it haphazardly into the open car window as he pulled her into an embrace.

 

-

 

            From that day on the gifts only began to appear more frequently and with each time they became grander and perhaps… more risqué. Hana has kept it from her husband, she just knew that he would throw a fit if he knew of the extravagant gifts and that they were all signed off by the same initials – N.W. Months eventually passed and Hana was convinced that the secret admirer must have been a fabrication or someone’s sick joke, there was no other plausible explanation why the expensive items kept coming without a single letter or greeting from the sender. A

Please log in to read the full chapter