Starfish, little dates & jealousy (?)

NAVILLERA

               “Eunha-yah, wake up. Hey, wake up.” The latter slowly open her still-tired eyelids with a grunt escaping her lips. She looks at the blurry face of the person that awakes her from her beauty sleepy. Once she have done blinking a few times, her sight finally becomes clear again and she sees that the one waking her up is none other than Sowon. “Get up, it’s already ten.” The eldest said, lightly patting the latter’s thigh as she does. Eunha pulls the blanket closer to her while she lays on her side. She is still feeling sleepy and doesn’t have that much energy to play at the beach. Besides, it might be too hot outside for her liking. “Unnie, can’t you go first? I’ll catch up later.” She yawns, trying to go back to dreamland. “No,” Sowon forcefully pulls the blanket from Eunha. “Come on, Eunbi-yah. The others are already waiting. Yerin can’t stop whining about eating breakfast.” Hearing that name, Eunha couldn’t help but immediately shot up to a sitting position. Her seemingly tired eyes becomes bright all of the sudden which made Sowon feels slightly weird out.

 

She looks at the familiar jacket laying on the bed. Finally getting the idea, a playful, teasing smile appears on the brunette’s face. “Excited for breakfast or Yerin?” She wiggled her eyebrows. She burst into laughter when she sees Eunha’s cheeks turning pinkish at her comment. The younger girl hits her on the arm for teasing as she sulkily pouts. “Ah, unnie-you’re such a meanie!” She got up from bed and leaves to take the towel while Sowon is still trying to calm herself. She sniffs, wiping the joyful, little tears in the corner of her eyes. “Sorry, Eunha. Unnie didn’t mean to tease you like that.” She is still chuckling though. “Whatever.” Eunha roll her eyes. She is about to go into the bathroom for a shower when Sowon calls her. She turns her head to the side to look at the eldest.

 

Sowon smiles, not a teasing one but a genuine smile. “I’m glad though that you made up with Yerin. I was, starting to get worried about the two of you. It’s a relief.”

 

“Y-you knew? I mean, about how distance we get.” Eunha asked.

 

The tall girl nods her head. “Of course, it’s pretty obvious. Yerin couldn’t resist being close to you. She loves kissing and hugging you too much. I just thought you guys had some kind of fight, but I didn’t want to be involve in your personal things so I just let it be.”

 

“We didn’t fight, unnie.” Well, it is true. Their relationship just suddenly became distance. Yerin stated she had a reason, but Eunha have no idea what was it about that the older one decided to be cold to her.

 

“Really? Ah, I’m guessing it’s probably because of something else, huh?” Sowon bit the corner of her bottom lip. As the oldest, she wanted to see all her fellow ‘dongsaengs’ to be well and have no tensions between them. She wanted them to be good to each other, no hatred or jealousy of some sort. “You should get change. We’ll wait for you outside. Yerin will be waiting too.” She teasingly winks.

 

“Ay, unnie. Stop that.” Eunha whined. Sowon laughs and just nods as she can’t speak anything due to her laughter. Once she is out from the room, Eunha shut the door to take a shower. “Such a teaser.” She whispered under her breath. She looks at herself in the mirror – her mind thinking about Yerin. “I just thought it was for the best. It’s-complicated. I don’t think I can say. But, I can only think to act cold so you would stay away from me.” Eunha wonders what could be Yerin’s real reason to ignore her. Why did that clingy unnie of hers’ suddenly wanted Eunha to be away from her? The latter have no idea. But, at least things between them got better again. Well, she hopes that this time nothing will break them apart again. She just couldn’t live her life peacefully if she’s not in good terms with Yerin. She shakes her head, getting rid of those thoughts that’s messing up her mind. After a shower, Eunha blow-dries her short hair before stepping out from the bathroom. Since they’re going to the beach, she puts on a pink tank top with a pair of blue shorts. She’s not swimming, of course. Jung Eunha is not very good at it. She’ll probably just sits on the beach – seeing her other friends play. Once she is ready, she walks out from the room-not forgetting to take the card and approaches her gang that are sitting at a long bench.

 

“Sorry, I’m late.” She apologized. They all look at her and have their mouths slightly agape. It might be the first time Eunha wears something this revealing. Well, she’s not that confident about her body, unlike Yuju and Sowon. Turns out, those exercises she had been doing are paying off.

 

“Wow, you look-great.” Sinb bluntly praised. She’s straight-forward, usually the things she say are negative comments. Yuju didn’t get jealous though. She agrees with her girlfriend.

 

“Yeah, you’re hottie Eunha now.” Sowon winked at her while Umji nodded. Eunha shyly smiles at all the compliments. However, one didn’t say anything. Yerin just stood there behind those girls, staring Eunha from head to toe. From the way she is looking, she’s obviously mesmerizes by the younger’s new figure.

 

“Come on, let’s go and eat. I’m hungry.” Well, Sowon is always hungry. Her metabolism is just high.

 

“Alright, we should get a move on. This way, folks!” Umji pointed her finger as she (adorably) marches forward towards the dining hall of the resort. Sinb, being her protective self, hold Yuju’s hand and they walk together. Eunha tries not to be embarrass and bravely gets closer to the brunette. “Stop drooling, unnie.” She joked and giggles cutely. Yerin realizes she must have made a foolish expression again then quickly shook her head. She shyly smiles, scrunching her nose at the process. “Mian, I just-you know, got-mm. I’m really hungry.”

 

“Oh,” Eunha felt a little- no really down that Yerin didn’t complimented her like the others did. What’s the point if she didn’t hear it from her? “We should hurry then.” She sadly fakes a small smile and was about to leave but Yerin held her wrist. She turns around at the smiling brunette.

 

“You look amazingly gorgeous.” Yerin leaned closer to her ear. “I might be drown by your beauty. You’re such a naughty girl, Eunha-yah.” She commented with a bit of seducing tone in her voice. Eunha’s whole face turns reddish and she automatically hits her on the arm.

 

“Stop being greasy! Jeez!” Eunha pouted – still having that pinkish cheeks.

 

Yerin laughs, but she didn’t joke about earlier. She’s telling her most honest opinion. “Let’s go.” She comfortably changes her hand from holding Eunha’s wrist to holding her hand, intertwining their fingers together as she shows a rather goofy smile. Eunha can only look at the floor. At this moment, her heart is just fluttering with happiness and her stomach have butterflies. Yerin didn’t wait for another reply. She walks while bringing the latter close with her. Both got quiet as they made their way to the dining hall. Not to their realization, the two actually have a couple look today – pink and blue theme.

 

                Once they had finished eating breakfast which was never been peaceful since Sowon kept yelling at Sinb for stealing her precious shrimps, they all went to the beach that is across the road from the resort. “Ah! The waves are coming!” Both Yerin and Sinb run away together when the waves crash the beach. The dorks laugh loudly at their own actions. They’re at it again, approaching close to the ocean and wait for the waves to come. This time, Yuju joins them. Well, the couple have a plan for the clueless ginseng. As the waves are about to get closer again, they run together. With Sinb’s signal, both of the girls purposely let Yerin fall flatly on the sand and got her whole body wet by the waves. Sowon laugh while clapping her hands like a seal. “Yah! That’s too funny!” Yerin shook her head – getting rid of the grain of sand on her face before playfully throwing glares at her friends. “Oh yeah? Is it that funny too you?” She stood up and chases the trio. The three girls run for their lives. Eunha sits not far away from them, under the umbrella they had brought for the trip. She giggles by herself witnessing the scene in front of her. Her friends can sometimes be such dorks. Their behaviour doesn’t suit their age. However, among the four, her eyes only follow that one person. It’s none other than Jung Yerin.

 

‘Even like that, she looks pretty.’ She thought. That’s one of the special things about Yerin. No matter how immature or kid-like behaviour she have, she would always look beautiful. She doesn’t need to try hard to gain people’s attention. She’s just naturally born like that. You’ll learn to love her dorky laugh and her shining, smiling-eyes. Eunha guess that is why Taehyung wanted to be her boyfriend. She’s too adorable. The sudden thought of Yerin’s boyfriend makes Eunha slightly feeling bitter. She didn’t know exactly why she felt this way since the beginning she knew about their supposedly ex-senior dating Yerin. She should be jealous that Yerin gets to date someone as good-looking as Kim Taehyung. But, her jealousy went to the opposite side.

 

“Unnie?” Umji called. The latter looks up to see the younger girl standing beside her with a can of juice in her hand.

 

“Thanks.” Eunha gladly takes the drink from Umji with a smile on her lips.

 

“Aren’t you going to play with them?” The youngest asked. She sits next to her unnie on the carpet. They both open the cans at the same time and drink up, letting a loud ‘ah’ as a sign of satisfaction.

 

“You know me, I don’t really like playing under the hot sun. My skin is precious.”

 

Umji chuckles at her words and looks at the others playing nearby. “Yerin unnie is soaking everyone in the water.” Eunha turns back her attention at the front. Yerin is carrying Sowon on her shoulder, Sinb in her other arm and uses the same one to drag Yuju on the collar. She is named the ‘force’ of their group for nothing. “FEEL THE WATER!” She shouted and the others reacted with a long ‘no’. The four of them got completely soak under water when the waves crash again.

 

“Yah! I have water in my ears!” Sowon whined.

 

“Let’s go again!” Yuju ran into the water again while dragging her girlfriend along. Sinb just go with it.

 

“Serves you right for making me fall on my nose.” Yerin stuck her tongue out at the eldest and runs away before she is hit. Eunha smiles seeing the brunette approaching towards them. Umji notices the grin on the latter’s face once Yerin is near her. She clears and stands up from her seat. “I’m going to play.” She goes off to her lonely unnie – leaving the pair alone.

 

“Aigoo, my face.” Yerin comfortably sits next to Eunha but on the sand instead of the carpet.

 

“You landed pretty hard.” Eunha chuckled.

 

“Yeah, thankfully I didn’t break my freaking nose.” The brunette releases her messy bun and her wet hair fall flawlessly on her shoulders and back. She grabs half the fabric of her cloth then squeezes the water. Without her realization, Eunha is staring at her. Once again, she is captivates by the beauty in front of her. Eunha is the type that loves herself very much. So, it’s rare for her to be mesmerizes. Yerin’s wet, messy, brown-hair and her glowing, milky skin adds up her prettiness. Eunha flinches when Yerin suddenly turns to look at her.

 

“What? Is there something on my face?”

 

“No, no, you look beautiful.” Eunha bluntly said and realizes she accidentally slipped that word out. Yerin tilts her head while grinning widely.

 

“Beautiful?”

 

“Y-Yes, I mean, you look great. You’re looking very fine. W-what?” Eunha bit her lower lip. She mentally hits herself for the sudden foolishness. She turns around when she hears Yerin giggles. Even the sound is sweet in her ears. She shyly smiles as she playfully hits Yerin on the arm. They sit there- talking about random things as they enjoy the view of the blue ocean. Both of them laugh when it is Umji’s turn to got submerge in the water by Sinb. That reminds Yerin, why is Eunha sitting here instead of playing along with them?

 

“You know, you should play too. It would be a waste since we’re here.”

 

Eunha slightly smiles at Yerin. “Nah, I-just love sitting under this umbrella more than getting myself burn under the sun.”

 

“But, still, you have to do at least something. Anything in your mind?” Yerin asked while giving a curious look at the latter. Eunha thought about it as she hums. She does have that one thing in her mind. “Well, I’ve always wanted to see a real life starfish.”

 

“A starfish?”

 

“Yeah. I’ve always seen them in documentaries and there’s that character in SpongeBob.” Yerin chuckles when Eunha says that. “I’m just curious how they really look like. I want to see one, up close.”

 

“A starfish, huh?” Yerin smiles at her before standing up and dusting off the sand on her pants. “I’ll be right back.” She took off somewhere all of the sudden. Eunha feels curious in where the brunette is planning to go. She shrug and continues to enjoy the view by herself. After a while, Yerin comes back with two pair of goggles in her hands. She’s panting a little, but still manage to talk. “Come on.” She said.

 

“To w-where?”

 

“See a starfish. I’ve asked a local here at that shop right there. She said we can see starfish if we go at that one place. She even lend us these goggles for free.” Yerin stretches out her arm towards Eunha with a bright smile plastered on her face. “Let’s go see Mr. Patrick Star.” Eunha looks at her welcoming hand for a brief moment and holds it. Yerin easily pulls her up then interlock their fingers together. The simple skin ship makes Eunha to have butterflies in her stomach as her heart flutters with happiness. She didn’t really know the reason why but she is smiling ear to ear right now. They walk together while holding to each others’ hands. Yerin have brought her to the part of the beach where there aren’t many people around. In fact, there’s no one else but them. Eunha looks around the unfamiliar place. They are near that seem to be a small cave and there are more rocks there. “Here we are.” Yerin lets go of Eunha’s hand which secretly disappoints the latter. She wears the goggles first and turns at Eunha. Since she is few inches shorter, the younger’s height only reaches up to Yerin’s nose. “Unnie will help you with this.” She carefully puts on the pink goggles on Eunha’s head. She squeals in delight.

 

“Gosh! You’re so cute, Eunha-yah.” She cheerfully clapped her hands. The lady is really a genius for lending one of the pink goggles.

 

“Unnie, I look like a submarine.” Eunha said.

 

“No way, you look so darn adorable that I could just kiss you.” Yerin smiles. Even under those goggles, you can see her smiling eyes. But, that is not the thing that got Eunha shy, it’s the words she have said a few seconds ago. ‘Kiss me?’ She felt her heart beating rapidly. Again, she is confuse. Yerin always kissed her before this, why now that she have this weird feeling inside? She shakes it off by quickly changing the topic. “I can’t swim, unnie. Besides, I’m short. I don’t think I’ll be able to reach down there.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll hold tight to you. Trust in me.” Yerin gave a reassuring look. Eunha nods, believing fully in Yerin for her safety. With that, they carefully get over the rocks before finally stepping into the water. Eunha yelps when Yerin suddenly swept off her feet – carrying her in her arms bridal style. She clutch on the older shoulders as they got deeper into the water.

 

“We’ll submerge, to see if we can see any starfish.” Yerin told first. “Hold your breath.” Eunha did as she is told and their heads soon gone inside the water. Yerin securely holds on Eunha’s waist. Once submerging, they see a few starfish sticking on the rocks under water. Eunha have her eyes wide open while she excitedly pointing at the sea creature. Yerin nods, understanding the excitement from the younger girl. She can’t help but smiling as well seeing how happy Eunha is. She walks closer to the rocks where the starfish are. Luckily, the depth of the water matches with her height well. They have their heads up on the surface again to take a breath.

 

“Do you want to touch them?” Yerin asked. Eunha respond with an excited nod. “Alright, hold your breath.” When they did, they submerge under water again. Yerin manages to get close to those rocks and signals Eunha to touch it. The latter hesitates for a while but she knows they’re not able to hold on to their breath that long. She lightly trace the tip of fingers onto one of the starfishes. She pulls back her hand instantly when she feels how ticklish the creature’s skin is. She soon touches back – this time she is more courageous. She keeps on patting on the un-moving starfish in amuse. They get their heads out from the water again after a while inside. “Wow, it’s really amazing! I thought their skin will be soft but it’s hard.” Eunha started blabbering. Yerin only stares at her while smiling. Her gaze is soft and fill with love, care. Eunha stops talking when she realizes how close their faces are. She nervously stare back at Yerin. She feels her heart beating faster again seeing the brunette’s gaze. As if they’re in a movie scene, holding to one another as they’re looking into each others’ eyes with the ocean scenery in the background. “You’re beautiful.” Yerin bluntly praised.

 

“D-dae?” Eunha stuttered a bit.

 

“You said I was beautiful. I didn’t reply back. You’re beautiful. No, much more than beautiful. If there is a word that meant much more than beautiful, I will say that word.” Yerin replied and it causes the latter’s whole face to get reddish. She feels her chest is swarming with emotions. Just how cheesy can Yerin be? For whatever reason, her words manage to caught Jung Eunha’s heart. Well, the whole moment is ruin when a familiar giant yell their names. They turn their heads to see Sowon approaching with Umji.

 

“Yah, you love-birds! Let’s go, I’m already shivering so badly here!”

 

“L-Love birds?” Eunha feels her heart will explode soon. They do look like a couple in love just now. Yerin chuckles and brings them back to shore. They take off the goggles and tilt their heads to get rid of the water in their ears.

 

“What were you unnies doing there anyways?” Umji curiously asked.

 

“We were secretly sharing kisses there.” Yerin’s words caused not only Eunha, but the two to have shock expressions on their faces.

 

“You-what!?” Sowon yelled.

 

“I’m joking. She wanted to see starfish so I brought her here after asking a local.” Yerin calmly explained. She did not notices how red the girl behind her after what she had said earlier on.

 

“Wow, you should’ve told us! We wanted to see it too!” Sowon whined.

 

“Hey, I wanted to be alone with her. Besides, it’s our first little date. I can’t bring you trolls along.” Yerin turns around to look at Eunha and winks – giving another a hard time for the latter to get a hold of herself. ‘Little date? Oh gosh, I’m being anxious for no reason again.’ She thought. Yerin have said it before to a few friends at school that if she’s a guy, she’ll date Eunha. Again, why is it different when she said it now? Eunha looks up to Yerin when she feels the girl tap on her shoulder. She sees Yerin offering her hand again with her usual, sweet smile plastered on her face. Eunha feels calm again seeing Yerin’s smile and gladly takes her hand – naturally intertwining their fingers. They walk together along with whining Sowon and maknae Umji.

 

“I bet Sinb is making out with Yuju again somewhere.” Well, what else can be the reason for their absence?

 

***

 

                That night, the group decides to have barbeque night. Personally, it was Sowon’s idea. She was craving for grill chicken and pork all of the sudden. The others just go on with it just to stop the eldest from whining so much. Thankfully, Umji manages to get a place for their mini barbeque party. After going for almost two hours of shopping, Yerin is left in the kitchen to prep the ingredients for the marinate while the others are outside – fussing to create fire. She skilfully handles the knife, cutting the onions with ease. She is too engross with the work that she didn’t realizes someone has come into the kitchen. Eunha stares at her from the distant. She smiles seeing how pretty the girl can be even when she is focusing. An idea pops into her head. Not really sure why she have the urge to do it, still she goes on with whatever is in her mind anyways. Slowly, she goes behind Yerin and gives her a surprise back hug. “Unnie!” She cheerfully called. Yerin flinches when she feels a pair of arms wrap around her waist.

 

“Omo!” She slightly turns her head to see Eunha looking at her with an adorable smile. She sighs in relief. “Yah, I thought it was a kidnapper.”

 

“What? How dare you call this cute girl a kidnapper?” Eunha huffed.

 

Yerin chuckles. “Well, if not a kidnapper, then you’re a thief.”

 

“A thief? Why-oh.” She immediately caught up with the cheesy line. The red colour on her cheeks come involuntary again. Yerin laughs at how flush she is by her line.

 

“Are you turning into a tomato now?” Eunha didn’t reply. Instead, she burry her face on Yerin’s back, mumbling some whines which made Yerin to smile more. She finds the action to be cute. “Why did you come here?” She asked as she continues cutting the onions.

 

“Well,” Eunha comfortably lays her head on Yerin’s back, she still have her arms hugging her waist. “Everybody outside is fussing about fire. Sinb and Sowon unnie kept fighting. It’s chaotic.”

 

“Barbeque party usually is chaotic.”

 

“And fun instead of annoying. Besides, I prefer being by your side.” Eunha confessed. She didn’t feel embarrass about it. She meant what she have said. She does enjoy the company of the older girl amongst all. Yerin smiles just get bigger hearing that. “Then, you are welcome to stay by my side.” She gives a quick peck on the forehead which Eunha respond with a surprise expression. She didn’t really expected that kiss. It successfully flutters her heart again though.

 

“Unnie?” Eunha called which she receives a ‘um’ as a reply. “What’s your first impression about me?” She randomly asked. Before this, Yerin is just a friend of Sinb. Eunha got to know her during their outing. Sinb brought along Yerin who was only a year older than her and Yuju. Sowon knew her as she used to be Yerin’s mentor during her first year, Yuju knew her from a music project they did once together and Umji knew her from Sinb long before Eunha did. Basically, the relationship between them start off awkward at first. Eunha never asks the girl’s impression on her during their first meeting.

 

“Uhm,” Yerin stops with her current task and thinks about her answer. “You look intimidating. That’s for sure. I mean, back then your expression looks cold, almost similar to when I first met Sinb too. I was anxious. Whenever I wanted to talk you, I felt hesitant and ended up smiling like an idiot instead. But, I have to be honest. I am attracted by your beauty. I love looking at you. As if, you’re some kind of an idol. I said to myself if I was a boy, I would not think twice to ask for a date.”

 

“R-really?”

 

“Of course. I have this ideal type for a girl and you just suit that ideal type of mine. Be proud that I chose you.” She playfully taps Eunha’s nose with a goofy grin.

 

“Jeez, you’re so-.” “Cheesy, I know.” Yerin completed her sentence. Eunha let go of her waist and proceeds to eat the carrot Yerin had just cut. “Yah, it’s for the chicken.”

 

“I’ll just eat one. Can you just let it go for your girlfriend?” Eunha teased but it got the older girl to blush a little. Yerin didn’t give a reply and quietly do her work which earns an amuse smile from the latter.

 

                Once they finish preparing the food, the members gathered outside. Sinb volunteers to grill the chicken along with Yerin while the others patiently wait while eating the snacks first. “Unnie, is this cook?” Sinb lifted up the piece of meat and let Yerin to give a taste. “Mm, it’s cooked and delicious.” She munched happily. She wrap her arms around Sinb as she is busy putting the raw meats on the hot grill. Yerin suddenly thought about something and whispers it to Sinb. They both look at each other before bursting into silent laughter. The two start whispering to one another – caught in their own world. Not to their realization, a certain latter is glaring coldly at how close their distance are. Eunha’s piercing gaze goes un-notice by the pair of best friends. She press her lips into a thin line seeing how Yerin randomly kissing Sinb on the cheek, which of course earns a disgust grunt from her. She can almost break the chopsticks in her hand due to her own burning jealousy. ‘Tch, look at that, being all close with each other. Just earlier, she’s being all cheesy with me.’ She exhales loudly, her nostrils flaring. Before this, she didn’t care much seeing Yerin being all lovey-dovey to the others. Well, she’s very much aware that Yerin is the one who loves doing skin ship in their group besides Sowon that loves slapping ‘butts’. But, this time, it is different. Eunha dislikes the brunette being all touchy with the other Eunbi. She can’t exactly figure out the reason why  however she certainly knows that she hates the scene in front of her.

 

Yuju, who is has been sitting beside her looks at Eunha weirdly. Her same-aged friend is acting a bit off so she decides to ask. “Are you-okay?”

 

Eunha sharply turns to Yuju which made the girl flinch on her seat. Whenever Eunha is annoy or angry, she would naturally puff her cheeks. Yuju perfectly knows that habit of hers’ and have guess that she is un-satisfy about something. So, she already puts up that ‘what’s-wrong’ expression on her face. “What if you do if you see Sinb being clingy with someone?” Eunha asked.

 

Yuju didn’t expect that Eunha will give her that question. She lifts her chin to look at the dark sky as she thought about it. “My darling never really cling with anyone else besides me.” Eunha roll her eyes hearing the statement. “But, if that happens, I’ll do that trick.”

 

“Trick? What trick?” Eunha raised her eyebrow.

 

“You know,” Yuju gestures her hand a little as she talks. “Make them jealous to attract back their attentions. You do things as a pay back to them. I did that once with Sinb when she ignored me. So, I went to hug Sowon unnie. Well, that was originally my plan but I got kissed on the forehead so Sinb pretty much never repeat it again.” Eunha’s eyes immediately sparkle by the sound of the idea. Make Yerin jealous too. Why don’t she think of that? “Why did you ask me that though?” Yuju felt curious. Eunha smiles at her friend instead of frowning like earlier. “Well, I have my reason.”

 

“Okay...” Yuju is sure Eunha is getting weirder and she thought she is the weird one in the group.

 

                Sowon comes out from the kitchen after grabbing some plastic plates. She puts it on the table and takes a seat next to Eunha. Yerin comes just in time to grab something. Eunha sees this as a perfect opportunity to do that little ‘plan’ of hers’. “Ah, unnie, I feel cold.” She pretended to shiver while she rub her arms. Of course, it instantly attracts Yerin’s attention. However, the older one sitting besides Eunha is also worried. They know the latter is quick in catching a cold. “Aigoo, wear my jacket then.” Sowon was about to took off her jacket but Eunha scoots closer to her on the bench. “No, I want unnie to warm me up. Hug me.” She cutely said. Sowon smiles widely at the adorableness and puts her long arm around Eunha, pulling her close to keep her warm. “My little baby, unnie will warm you up.” She caressed Eunha’s short hair. Eunha lifts her chin a little to look at the girl’s eyes. “Unnie, you know, I hurt my forehead earlier. It’s really painful. Kiss it to make me feel better.” She pouted. Who can resist that? Sowon, being the loving unnie, fulfil that request. She didn’t hesitate to lean and kisses Eunha softly on the forehead. “There you go, all better?” The latter cutely nods. She sympathize her unnie though since she was using her to get Yerin jealous. It works. Eunha glances at the other side only to see Yerin practically throwing this really cold look. She inwardly chuckles that her plan turns out success. Yerin harshly grabs the plastic plate on the table and turns around without a single smile or a word. Her unexpected action cause the others to get surprise a bit including Eunha.

 

“Wow, is Yerin doing fine? Is she mad at something?” Sowon asked.

 

“She was laughing earlier. Period, I guess.” Yuju casually replied. Eunha feels quite bad for doing that to Yerin. She has no idea that she can be that mad over a hug. Well, the kiss pretty much triggers the anger. She is regretting her action a little. Thanks to her jealousy she did that. “Unnie, I’m fine now. Thanks.” Eunha distances herself. Sowon only gives a nod.

 

“Unnies, I’m going out to buy some drinks. I went to the fridge and founded out someone had finished the whole bottle of cola I bought.” Umji glared at a certain same-aged girl who immediately pretends to whistle as she grills the meat. 

 

“Oh, I’ll come with you then.” Eunha volunteered herself. She thought of buying something in the store to make up her doing to Yerin earlier.

 

“Alright, unnie.” Umji smiled. The two kids of the group link their arms together and walk to the store. Umji picks the one near the resort, just across the road. The place sell cheaper items. They enter the Hawaii-like store and greets the nice old lady at the counter. Umji goes on to take a few bottles of drinks with different types of flavour. Eunha decides to roam around the little store to look for a decent thing as a gift for Yerin. She stops on her pace when she sees a box of firecrackers. Her lips form a small smile and takes the item from the shelf. She remembers that Yerin loves playing firecrackers so this would be perfect.

 

“Umji,” She approaches the younger girl. “Can you lend unnie some money? I’ll pay you later.”

 

“Oh, sure.” The nice maknae takes out some money from her pocket and lends it to Eunha.

 

“Thanks, I owe you.” The latter happily goes to pay for that one box of firecrackers. She wonders what kind of reaction Yerin will have when she shows her that. She’ll probably be smiling brightly and hugs her. The thought makes Eunha excited.

 

                When the two arrive from the store, all the food are already served on the table and they were waiting for them to get back. “Hey, come sit and eat.” Sowon gestured her ‘dongsaengs’ to quickly take their seats. Her stomach is already begging to be fill with delicious food. Once they are all seated, the girls immediately dig in to the meats and chickens. They pour the drinks that was bought earlier and enjoy it with their meals. Yerin is eating quietly while the others are noisy with jokes and stories. Eunha notices that. ‘Is she still angry?’ She thought as she secretly glances at the brunette. Yerin have this bored expression on her face. She practically chews the meat as if there’s no taste. Eunha feels more bad now seeing she have ruin the girl’s mood to have a good night. Then, an idea comes to her mind. She quickly takes a few things to make a wrapped meat.  She is not sure if Yerin will eat it or will simply rejects it. Well, the latter will just give a try. Better than nothing. She turns to look at Yerin and holds the wrap close to her. “Unnie.” She adorably called out. Yerin looks at her. A smile appears on her face when she looks at the wrapped meat in front of her. “For me?” Eunha nods, making sure it must be cute. “Gomawo.” Yerin is about to take it but Eunha retreats her hand. “Aniya! I want to feed you.”

 

“O-Oh, okay.” Yerin’s cheeks slightly turn pinkish. She shyly leans forward as Eunha feeds her. “Thanks.” She covers as she chews. After that, she suddenly have her appetite (and mood) back. Being the shikshin one, she eats faster than everyone else on the table. She also joins to their conversations instead of being quiet. She even makes a few wraps for Eunha too. It’s a sign of relief for the latter. At least, Yerin is not angry at her anymore.

 

Suddenly, in the middle of the dinner, Sinb clutches on her stomach as she groans painfully. It immediately have everybody’s attention especially her girlfriend. “Ugh.” She dramatically bends her body as she shut her eyes tightly. Yuju quickly gets closer to her and holds Sinb on the shoulders. “B-babe, are you okay? What’s wrong?” She worriedly asked. Sinb weakly smiles at Yuju. “Just a stomach ache, I think.” She replied. “Maybe I should go inside and rest for a little.” She stands up from the bench. “I-I’ll go with you.” Yuju said but Sinb shook her head.

 

“N-no, you should eat first. I’ll be fine.”

 

“But, baby-.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll be alright. I’m just going to take a nap after drinking some water.”

 

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to be alone and sick.” Yuju shot such a worried look. Even when she knows that Sinb is a strong girl, she is still concern for her.

 

“Yes, now eat. I go inside first.” Sinb caresses Yuju’s hair lovingly before going inside.

 

“I didn’t even know she’s sick. I’m such a bad girlfriend.” Yuju felt her tears threatening to fall over her guilt. Sowon rubs the girl’s back to comfort her. The others also throw concern looks at her. “Sinb is fine. She just needs a little rest, that’s all.” Sowon reassured her. “Now, finish your food and go take care of her after that.” Yuju slowly nods her head and continues eating.

 

“I should go and check Sinb.” Eunha is about to leave but Yerin holds her wrist.

 

“Just, stay. Sinb is going to be okay. Besides,” She leans close near the latter’s ear. “You probably don’t want to ruin it.” Eunha felt confuse but Yerin only send a wink at her. As they continue to eat without Sinb, there’s suddenly the sound of a guitar strumming from somewhere. Yuju stops as she heard the melody of the acoustic guitar playing. But, what’s surprise her (including the others) is that a certain someone who claimed she was sick earlier is now walking up the stairs while playing the guitar.

 

“S-Sinb.” She looks at her smiling girlfriend. Sinb plucks on the strings of the guitar- playing that slow melody again as her eyes never leaves from Yuju. She makes her way towards the tall girl while singing.

 

sashireun cheom bwasseul ttae butheo geudael joha haettdago

mara giga naegen cham eoryeo wotdeon geojyo

meonjeo yeolak haji anheumyeon geudael nochil kkabwa geuljareul sseugo ddo bogo ji ugil banbok haettjyo, gipheo jimyeon sangcheo ppunil georaneun saenggake duryeo umi apseon geon sashirijiman

ganjeoran mameuro gido hago baraettdeon sarami geudaerago nan mideoyo

Ooh . I'm in love,

Ooh . I fall in love

duryeobjin anhneyo geudaewa hamkke ramyeon sesangeun neomu areumdabjyo

 

When she had finish singing the first chorus, she is already standing in front of Yuju. Her gaze is full of love. Hwang Sinb is known to be cold and doesn’t express her feelings very much to people except to the girl in front of her. She didn’t want to exaggerate but Yuju is her everything.  She is her girlfriend, best friend and sister. Soon, Sinb knows for sure she’s going to be her wife in the future. She just can’t love no one else but Choi Yuju. She takes her girlfriend’s hand and gently pulls her from the bench. They’re both standing while facing one another. Sinb can’t help but chuckles seeing those glistening eyes of Yuju. She softly tucks her long, black hair under her ear to get a better look of her face.

 

Ooh. I'm in love, I'm so deep in love Ooh. I fall in love

duryeobjin anhneyo geudaewa hamkke ramyeon

sesangeun neomu areumdabjyo

geudaeneun neomu areumdabjyo

 

                Sinb finished her singing as she sweetly stares at Yuju. She opens , wanting to say something but closes it back. She’s not very good at expressing herself but right now, she wants to tell Yuju how she feels inside. About their love. About them both. She desperately wanted to confess but her lips keep shutting those words inside. She glances at the person sitting not far away. Yerin gives an encouraging smile to her dongsaeng ; telling her it will be fine. Sinb turns back her gaze at her own feet on the ground. She already sang and played the guitar. Might as well finishes off what she have started. With a deep breath and courage, she looks up to Yuju once more. “I remembered.” She paused for a few seconds. “I remembered when I first met you. You were in the classroom, you played the piano and sang my favourite song. I fell in love the moment I heard-how beautiful your voice was. I felt like I can hear it forever. I-mm, would sat outside on the grass, just listening to you singing every day. You should know how grateful I was when Eunha unnie introduced you to us. I felt really happy. I really wanted to know you for so long but I never felt confident enough to talked to you.” She interlock her fingers with Yuju. “I’m sorry if I acted cold on you before. Well, I was scared of screwing up. But, you were too nice that you befriends with me anyways. I started feeling comfortable around you. I would secretly have my heart fluttering when you held me, talked to me and even laughed at my lame jokes. I never thought that you would said yes to me that day when I admitted my true feelings for you. You’re beautiful, talented and have great personality yet you chose me to be your girlfriend. You’ve done so much. I felt bad that-I can’t do anything much. I could only take care of you and love you. I want to be the reason behind your smile. Choi Yuju, happy 100th day. I love you.” Sinb cup Yuju on the cheeks, wiping that tears running down from her eyes and leans to kiss her on the lips.

 

“Banzai!” Yerin and Sowon exclaimed. They cheer for the couple as the two hug each other. Yuju is hiding her red face on Sinb’s shoulder while the other just smiles foolishly by her successful accession. It’s not much put it does managed to bring tears of joy to Yuju. Eunha smiles upon viewing the scene. She feels happy for her two best friends. They truly love each other and she wishes they’ll be happy until the end.

 

“Hello?” Umji taps Sinb on the shoulder. “Don’t forget these.” She hands over a gift box to her friend.

 

“Umji-yah, you’re involve too?” Yuju sniffed. The maknae only gives a cheeky smile and walks away.

 

“Baby.” Sinb reveals the box of silver rings to Yuju and the girl covers as she gasp.

 

“S-Sinb-ah, this is-this is too sweet. Gosh, I’m going to cry again.” Yuju fanned herself. The rest laugh at the ‘dramatic queen’. Sinb pulls out one ring with the name ‘angel’ on it and puts it on Yuju’s finger before placing a kiss on it. “I love you.” She repeated those three words again.

 

“I love you too!” Yuju suddenly throw her arms around Sinb and pulls her for another kiss that last longer this time. It surprises her but Sinb just smiles and kisses back. Sowon is busy taking pictures while Umji turns her gaze to other direction to avoid looking at the couple. Eunha cheers as she clap her hands. She turns to look at Yerin while smiling. The brunette smiles back at her. Suddenly, a thought comes into her mind as she stares at Yerin. ‘I wonder, if you’ll do the same thing for me if we’re a couple?’ She shook her head by the sound of the idea. ‘Aigoo, what was I thinking?’ She didn’t know why she recently imagining  of doing these ‘couple things’ with the older girl. It’s not like they would date, right? Besides, Yerin is already seeing with Taehyung so it’s impossible. The thought bothers Eunha. ‘Of course, not.’ She bitterly smiles. Somehow, it really hurts her heart.

 

                That night, everyone have fallen asleep after the heavy dinner. Well, except for Eunha who’s still staring blankly at the ceiling of the room. She couldn’t bring herself to sleep. She takes her phone on the night stand to look at the time. It is 12.30AM. Eunha sighs and turns her position to lay on her side. She looks at the black plastic bag she puts near her bed. “I wonder.” She once again takes her phone and swipes the screen to open the apps. Lightly tapping on the ‘LINE’ app, she sends a message to a neighbour in the room next to them.

[Unnie, are you already asleep?]

[No, still wide awake. What about you? Why aren’t you sleeping yet?]

[I can’t. I tried but my eyes are not tired.]

Eunha bits her lower lip and writes another text for Yerin. She waits for the older girl’s reply.

 

[I’m bored. Let’s go do something.]

[Do what?]

[Well, meet me outside!]

[Okay, let me change my clothes first.]

 

                Eunha smiles and quietly gets up from the bed to take Yerin’s jacket. She puts it on along with a pair of jogger pants and not forgetting to bring the plastic bag as well. She slowly makes her way to the door and silently goes out from the room without waking the two sleeping Kim. Eunha makes her way to sit down on the bench while waiting for Yerin to arrive. She have plan where to go on her way from the store earlier that night. She holds the plastic bag with excitement. “Eunha-yah.” Yerin called softly as she approached the latter with a smile. She’s wearing an oversized long sleeve T-shirt and her infamous duck-printed pants. Eunha chuckles seeing the cartoonish piece of item. “Unnie, I know you love ducks but seriously?” Yerin pouts at the ‘mock.’ “Yah, don’t insult my favourite pants.” She proudly said. Eunha roll her eyes and can only nods. “Fine, we should go now.” Yerin lifts her eyebrow with a questioning look. “To where?” She asked. Eunha smiles and grabs onto Yerin’s hand. “Come on.” She smiles before dragging the older girl with her. During that quiet night, the two Jung are running upstairs to the rooftop of a building near the pool. Their slippers making loud sounds of footsteps but they didn’t bother. Eunha opens the door that leads them to the top of the roof. The place are decorated with benches and a small open-cottage with colourful flowers and beautiful, night-lights. The pool’s water reflect the moon light, making it look more like a paradise.

 

“Wow, this is really pretty.” Yerin was captivated. Eunha feels proud to be able to impress the girl for her choice of place. She have been there when they first arrived. She was randomly walking and founded that place by accident. Well, there’s more. Eunha puts down the plastic bag and takes out the fire crackers. “Unnie.” She shows the box. Yerin smiles widely when her eyes land at her favourite thing to play.

 

“Firecrackers!” Her eyes imitate the crescent moons. “When did you bought this?”

 

“Well, I went to the store with Umji. I know how much you love them so I bought it for you.” Eunha shyly answered. She feels a little surprise when Yerin holds her cheek, caressing it softly with her thumb.

 

“Thanks, Eunha-yah.”

 

Eunha smiles. “Now, let’s play!” She said.

 

                They both lighten up each of themselves a firecracker and start waving it around – amazes by the spark of light. Eunha start to write her name with it. ‘Jung-Eunbi.’ She giggles and waves it more to write Yerin’s name this time. “Jung Yerin.” She said it out loud as she wrote the invisible alphabets with the firecracker. She loves how their surnames being the same. Both of them are ‘Jung.’ It makes her smile to think they both share something the same with one another. She feels more attach to Yerin like that. As Eunha waves around the firecracker, dazzle by the spark of light, a pair of soft eyes are staring at her with a smile forming on her lips. Yerin have her gaze on Eunha all the time – liking to see that happiness on the latter’s face. She is glad that they have made up with each other. She didn’t regret fixing the relationship between them. To her, it was only painful to her when she forced herself to stay away from Eunha. Now, she feels nothing but happiness inside. Suddenly, Yerin steps closer and wraps her arm around Eunha’s waist, pulling her close with their faces just inches away. Eunha looks at Yerin with a surprise look. “Unnie?” However, instead of a reply, she got kiss on the forehead. Yerin’s lips stay there for quite long before she backs her head away. Not forgetting to shot a cheeky smile. Eunha, on the other hand, have her heart beating so fast and her stomach have butterflies.

 

“Jung Eunha, you’re mine. Only mine.” Yerin said without any hesitation. The sudden confession made the latter to have her cheeks blushing with pink shades.

 

“W-what?” She blink her eyes fast a few times.

 

“You’re mine, understand?” Yerin repeated her words once more. Eunha is sure now that she didn’t heard it wrong. Well, that’s not the only thing she is sure about. As they look into each others’ eyes, Eunha silently thought something in her mind. The one that she have got herself confuse all these times when Yerin is around her. Why her heart flutters even when the brunette did the simplest things to her? Why she felt so happy and giddy inside whenever they have skin ships? Why she got jealous when she got close with Sinb earlier? Why she have all these emotional rollercoaster? There’s only one answer to that.

 

‘I think...I’m in love with you, Yerin unnie.’

 

TBC

 

A/N: Hey, finally I managed to update this. Sorry to have kept you waiting. I am busy w. my studies at U but rn I'm on a break so like horray for that. Btw, this is supposed to be a one-shot but mehh. Might as well make it multishots I guess. xD Anyways, thanks for the subs and upvotes! And don't forget to support Gfriend! It's a relief that the girls are given a break after Umji's injury and Sinb fainting onstage. Hope you guys enjoy this chap. ;) (PS: The next one might be the last part.)